This Page: discover how to download the app onto your phone and read up on some of the applications best features (bonus info also included).
If you are one of the growing number of people who are using Unibet for your sports betting needs then without doubt the best and easiest way to access the site from your smartphone is via the downloadable betting app.
You can download an app for all Apple phones and tablets, as well as devices that run the Android operating system and there is also an app that has been developed for Windows Phone 8 users too.
How to get Unibet on your Phone
You need to get an account with Unibet before you get the app – regardless of what phone you’ve got. Open an account & claim £20 risk free bet now!
The best way to add the Unibet betting app to your smartphone is as follows:
2. Once you have registered on the site. Load up your mobile web browser and visit www.unibet.co.uk.
3. Scroll down the screen until you get to the foot of the home page and you will see a section dedicated to Apps. Click on the Sports App and you will then be prompted to download the app from the App Store. (You could also search for the Unibet mobile app within the App Store if you preferred).
4. Once you have downloaded and installed the app, double click on it to open it, log in with your registered details and you are now ready to place a bet.
The process for downloading apps for Windows Phone 8 users is the same, but Android users can only download the app direct from the Unibet website as the app is not stocked on the Google Play store.
Key Features of the Unibet Mobile App
One of the best features of the Unibet Sports app is that it gives you access to a wide range of sports betting markets via your phone or tablet, regardless of where you are. All you need is a connection and your chosen device and you have a plethora of betting markets available at your fingertips including horseracing, football, tennis, golf, rugby and many more. Other key features of the app include:
- A comprehensive In Play betting section allowing you to bet on a number of sporting events as they happen direct from your mobile.
- The software updates with all the latest market prices and fluctuations meaning that you always get the accurate price whenever you bet.
- The simple menu driven system is quick and easy to navigate, even on the smaller screened smartphones. The site is also very responsive with little lag.
- There is a “Most Popular Bets” section on the front page allowing you to bet quickly on the bets that other punters have found to be the most attractive over the past few hours. You can even combine these bets into one large acca bet.
- Placing a bet is very quick and easy and is simply a case of clicking on the betting option you want in the betting market of your choice. This adds the bet to your slip and you can then enter your stake and have the bet placed within seconds. This is very handy if you are a keen live betting enthusiast.
- There are a wide range of markets available for a large number of sports via the Unibet betting app.
- A live streaming service is available via your mobile which streams over 10,000 live sports events every year.
- There is an easy link to download the Casino app at the foot of the home page.
- There are specialist apps available for different sports including a Unibet Racing App, a Football Stats Centre App, a Unibet Sports TV Guide and a Tennis Livescore app.
Unibet and App Compatibility
You can download the Unibet app directly from the Apple App Store and also from the Windows Phone Store, as well as downloading the app from the mobile site onto your chosen device. The iPhone app runs on all iPhone models, all iPad models and is compatible with the new Apple Watch.
Other smartphones can access the Unibet site by visiting www.unibet.co.uk from their device browser. While there may not be a downloadable app available for all devices, many of the features of the app can be accessed via the mobile site.
Mobile App vs Unibet iPad App
Comparing the smartphone version of the app to the tablet version (in this case on iPhone/iPad) and it is immediately apparent that the versions are almost identical. The simple page design, layout and menu-driven system of navigating through the app is the same on iPad as it is on the iPhone version.
There’s no different between the apps either in the amount of bets offered, the sports you can bet on, the live streaming service offered and more. Essentially, what you have is exactly the same app on your phone, just viewable on the bigger screen on a tablet.
However, that does mean that spotting which sports are available for Live Streaming is much easier on the tablet version than on the smartphone.
The only other point to note here is that the additional screen size of an iPad compared to an iPhone does make placing bets, or making a financial transaction easier as the additional space makes it less likely you’ll click on the wrong option.
There are plenty of aspects of the Unibet app that are cause for celebration among fans of mobile sports betting. The app is extremely functional, responsive and easy to use even on devices with the smallest screen size. It isn’t hugely reliant on graphics and pictures, which does mean the site loads relatively quickly and scrolling through the site is a breeze.
The app is also intuitive in that placing a bet is very easy. Markets are not so big as you can only see one or two on screen at a moment, but also not so small so that selecting one becomes a real task due to its tiny size. Finding your market and getting a bet place, even with the pressures of In Play betting, is very easy and well designed.
There’s also an excellent live streaming service available on mobile devices, which significantly enhances the In Play betting options, while there are a great choice of markets, notably in the more popular sports such as horseracing, football, tennis, cricket and golf in particular.
One negative point is that it isn’t easy to find the Live Streaming service on Unibet mobile. Only events marked with “U-TV Mobile” logo are available to watch on your mobile, but there’s no easy to way to bring these up other than scrolling through all the live events. I also feel that outside of the major sports, Unibet’s mobile app doesn’t offer as wide a variety of markets on less popular sports as some of its competitors.
That said, these are small criticisms of what is otherwise a generally very good app. It is well designed, easy to use and has plenty of features to keep you betting quickly and easily.
You can deposit and withdraw funds to and from your account via mobile, once you have your account up and running on the Unibet site.
Remember you check out our detailed Unibet review to find out more about the site and whether it is the right betting site for you.