In the United States, Japan and parts of central America, Baseball is massively popular and of course, that hype has spread to the UK as well.
Sports betting is global, and whilst there might not be UK leagues to bet on you can find odds on Baseball from all around the world at plenty of different sites.
But which bookmakers are hitting out the park and which are stuck behind the foul line?
We’ve been searching through the different bookmakers that offer Baseball betting and compiled a list of the best options, and not only that, we’ve looked at the different types of bets and markets on offer, as well as the odds and any promotions to really see where the value lies for punters.
With value in mind, we have come up with a checklist of what you should really look out for when betting on Baseball, or if you prefer, you can skip to our list of top sites for Baseball betting instead.
On This Page
Baseball Punters Look Out For…
- Acca Bonus – There’s nothing we love more than a good accumulator bonus and with a massive selection of baseball games available over the course of the season, any bookmaker that offers you a bonus on successful accumulator bets is always going to be one very worthy of consideration. Even just one win per baseball season can be enough to make a big difference with a bonus attached.
- Odds – you’d think given that all bookmakers are competiting with each other that the odds they offer on different matches would be virtually identical… that’s definitely not the case and some have way better prices than others which means more winnings when you bets land.
- Sign Up Bonus – place a certain amount of bets with your bookmaker throughout the week and get a free bet a the end of the week as a reward.
- Review Rating – when we review a site here at Cheeky Punter we alwaysdo a deep dive innto all aspects of the service, baseball is obviously one of them. But we also know that baseball punters will also be betting on other sports too, so checking out our review rating is a good way to get a solid overview of the entire sites offering.
- App Rating – if you are logging in to do your baseball betting from an app, then checking out how we rated the app for general sports betting purposes can give you a good idea of how reliable and accessible it will be to access your baseball betting from your mobile.
Baseball Bookmakers: Top 5 Sites
- One of the only sites with baseball specific promos.
- Best sign up bonus (in terms of size).
- Max review rating & quality app.
- In-play betting & live streaming.
- More often than not best value odds.
- Highest review rating for website & app.
- Best bonus for £10 deposits.
- Trusted name in UK sports betting.
- Better odds online than in local shops.
- High review score for app & website.
- No baseball promos but lots of others available.
- Great bonus for £5 deposits (400%).
- Recently improved design/layout.
- Good all round review score.
- Wide range of markets and odds.
- Odds can be a little tight (comparison recommended).
- Sign up bonus slightly on the small side.
Latest Baseball Odds & Matches
Baseball Betting Reviews
Far more online bookmakers today allow customers from this side of the Atlantic to bet on baseball than ever before, as is shown by the above table. That doesn’t mean, however, that the baseball betting service offered by each is of a comparable quality. In order to point you in the right direction, therefore, we’ve singled out what we believe to be the three best baseball betting sites around.
William Hill Review
William Hill is a highly reputable and widely popular bookmaker which offers an outstanding baseball betting service. Once again, what sets William Hill apart from most is the breadth of baseball markets which they provide and the fact that they have a notable promotion which encompasses bets on the sport.
William Hill provide betting opportunities on all MLB matches, run MLB outright markets and also cover top level Japanese action, as well as some contests from elsewhere in the world. For the biggest clashes, too, the bookmaker are known to provide more than 50 different markets to ensure that baseball punters can place whatever wager they like.
A final and very notable benefit of William Hill, too, is that the bookmaker’s generous Acca Five Insurance offer extends to a selection of baseball markets. That means that qualifying baseball accas or qualifying accas involving some baseball selections can be refunded if they miss out by only one leg.Bet £10 get £30 free bet at Will Hill!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
In general, Betvictor are one of our favourite bookmakers thanks to their trustworthy and reliable nature, and the intuitive and user friendly format of their website and apps. When it comes to baseball betting, too, you could do a lot worse than to head to this tried and true bookmaker.
Betvictor routinely price up any and all MLB contests and run a number of outright markets throughout the duration of the American baseball season. What’s more, as well as that top class action from the other side of the Atlantic, Betvictor also price up games from Japan on a regular basis and occasionally clashes from elsewhere in the world.
Those games which are made available through Betvictor also boast a decent selection of markets which, whilst not quite as varied as that provided by our top two choices, will still provide most punters with more than enough options.Bet £5 get £30 at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Paddy Power Review
A bookmaker which is a great destination almost regardless of the exact sport on which you wish to place a bet, Paddy Power offer undoubtedly the best baseball betting service around. No other betting site, after all, matches Paddy Power when it comes to events covered, markets offered and additional added extras such as promotions and live streaming.
Head to the baseball section of the Paddy Power site and you will invariably find the upcoming MLB action priced up, as well as any matches which may be soon to occur in Japan and elsewhere in the world. For each baseball contest that Paddy Power do cover, too, the range of markets available is second to none and typically includes innovative prop bets such as ‘team with highest scoring innings’, ‘first team to score’ and ‘most hits in the first innings’.
That’s not all, either, as most MLB and other major baseball contests also go in-play with Paddy Power and a good selection of them also benefit from live betting on the match.Click here to join Paddy Power!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Baseball Bets Type FAQ
You will probably have noticed that one of the things which mark out our top three baseball betting sites from the other available options, is the range of markets they provide for different baseball matches. There are, in fact, a huge number of different types of baseball bets provided for by the best bookmakers, and below we will define and explain a handful of the most popular.
Money Line – A money line bet on a baseball match is quite simply a wager on one of the two sides in the game to win. It is this type of bet which most commonly qualifies for the kind of acca based promotions which we described in our brief baseball betting site reviews above.
Total Runs – Total runs bets are wagers on how many runs the two sides in a baseball game will score combined. These markets are usually simple over/under affairs, with the line of demarcation for the over/under differing from one game to the next.
Run Line – What for other sports might be described as a handicap bet, a run line bet in baseball involves betting on a team to beat a pre-designated handicap spread. For example, one team may be made a -1.5 favourite and the other a +1.5 underdog. A run line bet on the former would pay out if they win by more than 1.5 runs and on the latter if the team win or lose by less than 1.5 runs.
Extra Innings – Another really simple yet very popular type of baseball bet, an extra innings wager involves betting on whether you think it will take longer than the regulation nine innings to decide a match. These bets, therefore, are simple yes or no markets.
‘Race To’ – Slightly less commonly available but still offered as an option by the top bookmakers, ‘Race To’ markets involve betting on which team you believe will be the first to reach a certain number of runs. A range of different ‘Race To’ options will typically be available and the overall result of a ballgame has no impact on the success or failure of this type of bet.