Best Betting Sites For Scorecast Bets
Today I’m continuing my blog series about where to get the best value when betting on football with my latest instalment ‘Best Betting Sites For Scorecast Bets’. First up I’ll cover the best places to place scorecast bets online then dive into some strategy tips.
For those that aren’t aware a scorecast bet is when a punter makes a bet on two different markets and combines them into a single bet. The combination of bets used are the first scorer and a score forecast for the game in question and it is the combination of these two bets that coins the term ‘scorecast’.
It’s a low risk high return bet type meaning that a small stake will generate a large payout. Odds range widely but it’s not uncommon to see 20/1 plus Scorecast winners.
Best Bookmakers For Scorecast Bets
This list shows the best bookmakers for scorecast bets and why we’ve picked them:
- Bet365 – awesome bonus
- Betvictor – top football odds
- William Hill – trusted UK bookie
- Betfred – most footie promo’s
- Coral – weekly deals
- 888Sport – great app & promo’s
Heads up: If you’re actually looking for betting tips/predictions then take a look at our betting tips section which might be more up your street.
It’s quite tough to find the best odds on Socrecast bets given that odds comparison websites don’t offer the option to compare this bet type.
Obviously you could visit each online bookmaker manually and check the price of the Scorecast you want to back but that would be one seriously time consuming process.
To avoid wasting time I’d strongly recommend using BetVictor as your starting point for scorecasts. Research has shown that BetVictor offer a better price on football markets than the average price available 70% of the time (independantly verified by Oddschecker over the last 3 seasons).
Basically you’ll get the best odds at BetVictor most of the time making them them hands down best betting site for scorecast bets.
To get the best odds on Scorecast bets and a bet £10 get £60 offer when you join click this link and visit BetVictor.com.
T&C’s apply, 18+, new customers only.
Scorecast Betting Strategy & How To Win
I’ve covered the best bookies for Scorecast betting so now lets look at some strategy advice:
There are some obvious rules to follow when trying to make scorecast betting profitable, but such is the nature of football that even the shrewdest of punters can find this a difficult market to hit the nail on the head frequently.
As such, punters should view this market as a low risk/high reward one. That said there are still some useful scorecast betting strategy tactics that you can employ. I’ve tried to outline how to win betting scorecasts as best I can below:
Get the best odds: If you only bet with one or two bookies, then it may be worth broadening your horizon and certainly joining the likes of BetVictor and Bet365. The odds offered by bookies for this market can be very varied and you don’t want to hit a scorecast and find out that you could have hugely increased your payout if you’d only backed the same bet with another bookie or got your money back if you had the chance.
Use stats to help you formulate your bet: Statistics show that the average game will have around 2.4-2.8 goals in, team statistics will show you which players are most likely to score goals.
You can even delve deeper into the stats to look at the historical record between teams. Using these facts alone, you can easily understand that backing a team to win 2-1 and selecting their leading goalscorer to score first has a much better chance than trying to find a massive Scorecast win by backing a team to win 4-3 and selecting their centre half, who has scored once in three years, to grab the opener.
Keep on top of team news: Managers are increasingly making changes to their team dependent upon who and where they are playing. A manager may drop attacking players if his team is playing a top side away from home in an attempt to nullify the opposition. This can impact the chances of the scoreline being high as well as who is likely to score the opener. If you can ally this information to your analysis of the stats then you are doing all you can to land that scorecast bet.
Alternative Scorecast Bets
There are several other scorecast-type bets that you can consider that are slightly different to the original. When it comes to Scorecast betting strategy you might be better off with one of the options below given the game you’re betting on:
- 1st Half Scorecast: This is pretty much the same as the original scorecast except that instead of the final score, you predict the score of the game at half time. This does make predicting a scorecast a little easier and is particularly useful if you have noticed in the stats that a team tends to start a game quickly, or slowly.
- Anytime Scorecast: This is where you bet on the final score of a game as in the original bet, but instead of your player having to score first, he can score at any time in the game. This bet does offer slightly reduced odds, but much greater flexibility for the goalscorer portion of the bet.
- Wincast: Certain bookmakers offer a wincast, which is where you predict a player to score and bet on the team to win, rather than a stated score. Again, this offers reduced odds as it is an easier bet to land, but the odds are still usually decent for this market.
- Time Cast: This is when you predict the player to score first and the time that he will score the goal in question. The time market is divided into equal sections throughout the game, such as ten or fifteen minute intervals.