This short blog post will cover how to bet the Scoop 6 online. It’s one of the most popular forms of horse racing bet and the bigger the jackpot gets the more interest there is from punters.
It takes no more than 5 minutes to bet the Scoop 6 online once you’ve made your selections for each featured race. Below is a quick step by step guide to show you how it’s done:
How To Place A Scoop 6 On The Internet
1) To bet the Scoop 6 you must have a betting account with Totesport. If you haven’t got one head over to www.totesport.com by clicking this link and open a new account.
2) Once your betting account is open at Totesport you’ll need to log in and make a deposit using your preferred option.
3) Now your account is loaded up and ready to go from the homepage of the Totesport website click the Totepool link in the left hand sidebar. From here look to your right and click the ‘bet on the totejackpot now!’ link.
4) You’ll be presented with a card which details all 6 legs of the days Scoop 6 and which horses are set to run in each race. From here all you need to do is tick the box of the number horse you’re backing in each race.
5) After you’ve made a selection for all 6 races enter your stake at the bottom of the page and click the orange ‘Bet Now’ button to place your wager.
6) Good Luck – the Scoop 6 is one of the toughest bets to win but when the jackpot is rolling over it’s well worth a shot. The biggest jackpot ever won stands at £3,184,370!
How Does The Scoop 6 Work?
If you’ve never bet on the Scoop 6 before or don’t really understand quite how it works then I’ll give you a quick run down of what’s going on in this section of the blog post.
The Scoop 6 is in operation every Saturday and takes place across 6 different races which are selected by the Tote well in advance. You’ll hear seasoned Scoop 6 punters referring to each race as a leg. You must select a horse in each leg and your stake is then divided into three different funds.
The majority of your stake goes into the Scoop 6 win fund, a smaller amount then into the Scoop 6 place fund and finally an even smaller percentage goes into the Scoop 6 bonus prize fund. Your stake is divided by a ratio of 7-4-3 between the three aforementioned Scoop 6 funds. Once all bets are in 30% comes out of pot as the Totepool’s fee.
To win the biggest possible return you must correctly select the winners of each 6 races. A smaller return is allocated to anyone who correctly picks 6 horse which place in the different selected legs. However should you nail the Scoop 6 win fund you’ll be eligible to make a selection in the bonus race, which takes places the next week, and should you select correctly here you’ll also win the prize money allocated there.
Basically if you can pick all 6 horses then you are going to be seriously quids in. It doesn’t matter if you bet the Scoop 6 online or offline the prize funds remain the same. Not all bookmakers offer Scoop 6 betting – historically Totesport are the only company which do (read more about them in our Totesport review) but now Betfred, who recently bought the Tote, also offer the bet on their site (Betfred review here).
A Final Word On Scoop 6 Betting
Now you know how to bet the Scoop 6 online it’s probably best that you understand your chances of winning are pretty slim and at £2 per line playing multiple lines can get quite expensive. There are some big syndicates out there who bet on the Scoop 6 every week covering a wide variety of combinations so even if you do get the winner of all 6 races don’t necessarily expect to be the only one. It’s very common that prize pools are split between different parties.
All that being said Scoop 6 betting can be seriously exciting and if you can get down to the last couple of races who knows what will happen…