Betfred have more than one World Cup focusses promotion running, and this page is focussed on their innovative and generous don’t pay the penalty offer which provides money back if England lose on penalties if you backed them to win the World Cup (T&C’s apply – listed below).
What is the Betfred Don’t Pay the Penalty Offer?
As any England football fan is sure to tell you, the national side have suffered plenty of penalty shootout heartbreak down the years. Betfred’s don’t pay the penalty offer is designed to cushion the blow for punters who might have backed England, if they also crash out of Russia 2018 on spot kicks.
The promotion offers to pay back losing stakes placed on England to win the World Cup as real cash, if the team get knocked out of the tournament after a shootout. The offer applies to both win and each way wagers on England to win the tournament and, generously, Betfred have not placed a maximum bet amount limit on the promotion. It’s for new and existing customers.
Any bet on England to win the World Cup placed before the end of June can qualify for the promotion and multiples are also eligible alongside singles. In the case of a multiple where England to win the World Cup is one leg, that leg will be voided and the other legs made into a smaller acca if the team lose on penalties.
Whilst it won’t erase the pain of seeing the national side miss out on yet another tournament, then, a full cash refund of a qualifying bet received within 24 hours of England shootout heartache is sure to ease it.
T&C’s apply – listed below.
How Does it Work?
The beauty of Betfred’s don’t pay the penalty offer is really in its simplicity. Punters who want to take part only have to complete the following easy steps:
- Go to the Betfred website and open an account or log in.
- Head to the football section of the site and find the bookie’s outright World Cup winner market.
- Select England as your chosen tournament winner and then place a single or each way bet of whatever monetary value you like.
- Sit back and watch the tournament, and hope that if England do get knocked out it happens on penalties.
- If England do lose a shootout, your entire bet stake will be refunded as cash within 24 hours of the result going final.
Terms & Conditions
Thanks to the straightforward and simple nature of Betfred’s don’t pay the penalty offer, there are actually mercifully few terms and conditions attached to it. We’ve summarised the most important of them below:
- The promotion applies to bets placed online or mobile on England to win the 2018 World Cup.
- A bet must be placed before 15.00 on the 30th June in order to qualify.
- Bet stakes of any value will be refunded in full as cash, if England get knocked out of the tournament on penalties.
- The offer only applies to penalty shootouts not to penalties scored during a game.
- If England reach the final but lose on penalties, place parts of each way bets will pay out as winning bets whilst win parts of the bets will be refunded under the terms of the promotion.
- If a multiple bet includes England to win the World Cup as a leg, the leg will be voided if England are knocked out on penalties.
- If a punter cashes out their bet on England to win the World Cup, they will not receive a refund of their original stake even if England do lose a penalty shootout.
Betfred Don’t Pay the Penalty Offer FAQs
What’s the Maximum Refund I Can Receive?
It’s unusual to be able to say it, but there is no maximum limit to the size of refund a punter can receive from the Betfred Don’t Pay the Penalty offer. The bookie will refund all qualifying bets in full if England get knocked out on penalties.
Will I Get My Refund in Cash?
Yes. Unlike many similar offers, Betfred will refund all qualifying bets in real cash if England get knocked out of Russia 2018 on penalties. The cash will be refunded to your account within 24 hours of England’s loss and will be available for immediate withdrawal or to place further bets, as you see fit.
What if There’s a Penalty During the Game?
If England get knocked out of the World Cup as the result of a penalty conceded during a game, the promotion will not refund any losing bets. The offer applies only to a penalty shootout taking place after a match finishes as a draw following extra time.
The Tournament’s Already Started, Can I Still Take Part?
The Betfred don’t pay the penalty offer applies to qualifying bets on England to win the World Cup, which are placed before 15.00 on the 30th June. That is a little over a fortnight after the tournament in Russia gets under way and is the scheduled date and time of the World Cup’s first knockout round matches.
T&C’s apply – listed above.