Money is piling in already on the 2018 World Cup and there’s free bets and promotions all over the place to try to win business from punters.
Unibet have come up with one of the better offers out there and we’re going to detail it in full on this page along with all the terms and conditions which come with it – punters who bet £10 on any team to win outright get a £2 or £5 free bet every time their team wins a match (T&C’s apply – listed below).
What is the Unibet World Cup Free Bet Promotion?
Unibet’s World Cup free bet promotion is designed to reward punters who bet on a team to win the tournament outright, with a free bet each time their chosen team wins a World Cup match. Outright tournament bets worth at least £10, which are placed before the tournament begins, qualify for the promotion. Once a Unibet customer has placed a qualifying bet, they can sit back and watch the action, and will receive a free bet each time their team wins a tournament game.
The size of the free bet which is credited depends on which team the punter has backed for the tournament. The World Cup’s 32 sides have been split into two tiers by Unibet, with lesser reputation sides in tier two and higher reputation teams in tier one. Punters who have backed a tier one side for the tournament will receive a £2 free bet for each match their team wins, whilst the free bet will be worth £5 in the case of a tier two team.
Free bets are credited by Unibet before 12.00pm on the next World Cup match day following a victory by a punter’s chosen team. The free bet tokens can be used to place single bets only and any winnings which they may produce, will not include a return of the original stake.
T&C’s apply – listed below.
How To Play & Qualify
Unibet’s World Cup free bet promotion is available to either existing or new customers of the bookmaker. To take part, all any punter has to do is follow these easy steps:
- Go to Unibet and open an account or log in.
- Go to the Promotions page on the Unibet site and find the Unibet World Cup Free Bet Promotion.
- Opt-in to the promotion by clicking on the link found on the promotion’s dedicated page.
- Place a bet worth at least £10 on the team you’re backing to win the World Cup, ensuring that you get your bet on before the tournament starts.
- You will be credited with a free bet – worth either £2 or £5 depending on who you have backed – on the World Cup match day following each victory by your chosen team.
- The free bet tokens are then available to use for placing single sportsbook bets.
Terms & Conditions
As you would expect from a promotion which offers free bets, the Unibet World Cup offer is subject to a number of terms and conditions. The most important are as follows:
- Unibet customers must opt-in in order to take part in the promotion.
- To qualify for the offer, punters must place a bet worth at least £10 on the outright World Cup winner market.
- That qualifying outright bet must be placed before the tournament begins on the 14th June.
- Only a punter’s first such qualifying bet will be eligible to receive free bets.
- A free bet will be credited each time a punter’s chosen team from their qualifying bet wins a World Cup match.
- Free bets are credited by 12.00pm on the World Cup match day following each victory.
- Each free bet will be worth £2 if a punter has backed a tier one (higher reputation) team to win the tournament or £5 if they have backed a tier two (lower reputation) side.
- If a punter cashes out their outright bet, they will not receive their free bets.
- Free bets are available to use for single sportsbook bets.
- Winnings received from the use of free bets will not include a return of the free bet stake.
Unibet World Cup Free Bet Promo: FAQs
How Much Can the Promotion Be Worth?
The total free bet value of the Unibet World Cup depends on two things; which team you initially back for the tournament and how well that team does. If you back a tier two team which wins the tournament by being victorious in all seven of their games, you would receive £35 worth of free bets. If you back a tier one team which does the same, your total in free bets would be £14.
Can I Cash Out My Bet?
If you opt in to the Unibet promotion and place a qualifying bet, you can indeed still cash out that bet if you wish. If you do so, however, you will not receive the free bets associated with the promotion.
Does a Win in Extra Time or on Penalties Count?
Unlike some promotions, the Unibet offer does indeed count victories in extra time or on penalties. Whether your chosen side wins over 90 minutes or has to rely on spot kicks, then, as long as they ultimately win you still get your free bet.
Can I Withdraw my Free Bet Winnings?
Once you have been credited with a free bet via the Unibet promotion it is available to use for any single sportsbook bet. Any winnings resulting from placing such a bet will be exclusive of the initial stake amount but will be paid in cash as normal, so will be immediately withdrawable if you so desire.
T&C’s apply – listed above.