Where To Bet Both Teams To Score
In what is now the fourth blog post in this series I’m going to cover where to bet on both teams to score to get the best possible value (see bottom of post for rest of series).
Both teams to score betting (or btts betting if you prefer), as the name implies, is a bet upon which the punter can wager on whether both teams will score in the game, or not.
Statistically, there are on average between two and three goals in the average football game and both teams, as in the case of a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 victory, will often share the goals. The sheer number of these games in which both teams scores means that this can be an appealing bet, even if pinpointing which games will see both teams score can be tricky.
Heads up: If it’s actually both teams to score tips/predictions you’re after then check out the betting tips section for the latest picks.
I’m going to kick this post off with a look at where to get the best valuye possible with this bet type – this includes btts accumulators as well as singles.
Best Bookmakers For Both Teams To Score?
Most bookmakers offer markets for both teams to score, but there are some that are extensively pushing this market in particular. One of the most obvious and well-known instances is Betfred, who have been pushing their “Goals Galore” promotion for some time.
Betfred Goals Galore Promotion
The Betfred promotion is based on the both teams to score market but is an accumulator bet, rather than a single selection. Punters select a minimum of three matches from a one of three pre-selected groups of matches. The more games they select for their bet that see both teams score, the better odds they receive for the win.
There are three coupons, the basic Goals Galore coupon, which pays out from odds of 7/2 for 3 correct predictions, to 1500/1 for 15 correct predicts, the Goals Galore Bonus coupon, which pays at enhanced odds of 9/2 for 3 correct predictions, to 5000/1 for 15 correct. Lastly, Betfred offer the Goals Galore Super Six coupon that is a list of just six games, but this pays out at better odds of 6/1 for three correct selections, up to 50/1 for all six games seeing both teams score.
The prices above are all enchanced odds prices meaning that if you made the same bet with another online bookmaker you’d be getting lower odds and a smaller payout – click here to visit Betfred and check out their Goals Galore promotion.
There’s also a new customer bonus at Betfred… Bet £10 get £30 + 60 spins
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Single BTTS Bets
If you would prefer to bet on the both teams to score market, but don’t want to place an accumulator or perhaps want to bet the NO side of the btts bet then the best odds available on individual matches are with both Bet365 and BetVictor.
How To Win Betting On Both Teams To Score?
So now you know where to bet on both teams to score for the best odds, here’s how to win betting on both teams to score.
You may feel that such is the nature of football that this bet is really down to chance, but there is plenty of useful information you can find from reliable sources, such as the BBC Sport website, Bet365 stats, or official club pages, that can help inform your selections and make you a much more successful punter on this market. A little research can really inform your selections and swing the odds more in your favour. It is worth checking out:
1) The number of goals each team scores and concedes both at home and away, especially over matches that have been played over the last few weeks.
2) Whether any players that can readily influence one teams likelihood of scoring a goal, or conceding a goal, are playing or not. For example, if a team is missing a key striker who scores most of their goals, they may well struggle to find the net as readily.
3) The situation of the teams participating; a good example of this are two-legged cup matches where one team needs to win the game. This can have an impact on how teams are likely to play and thus affect the chances of both teams scoring.
4) Historic data – It is also sensible to check the historic data of games, if there is any available. Some games have a historic tendency for both sides to score far more than other match ups.
5) Recent form – A team’s confidence can directly affect their ability in front of goal, or in defending. A team with excellent form can be relied upon to score, but also may be tough defensively too meaning it is less likely that the opposition will score.
6) Team announcement & tactics – If you are prepared to make your bet at the last minute, you can gleam further information about how a team is likely to play from the team selection and the predicted formation. A manager, who picks five defenders and only one attacker, may well be restricting his team’s chances of scoring a goal, while increasing his team’s likelihood of keeping the opposition out!
To best help you prepare your bet, bookmark the key websites you use for this key information so that you have the data to hand immediately each time you are considering a bet.
If anyone asks me how to win betting on both teams to score I always tell them it’s all about research!
Both Teams to Score Accumulators
A large number of punters are eschewing traditional accumulators of predicting a team to win, lose or draw in favour of both teams to score accas.
As I’ve mentioned previously, promotions like Betfred’s Goals Galore offers punters excellent value. They are simple to access and understand and offer clear incentives for users with a clearly defined objective that is attractive to punters, especially when viewing the statistics surrounding both teams scoring goals.
Another positive aspect is that a punter can decide how many games to select for their accumulator, provided it is more than three selections, meaning they can decide how many games to select as well as controlling how much they choose to wager on the bet.
It is of course possible to make up your own both teams to score accumulator at another online betting site, but you won’t get as good odds as you would with the Goals Galore promo. That said Goals Galore only deals with the yes side of the bet, if you want to bet no then check the odds at Bet365 and BetVictor to get the best price.