Ice Hockey may not have the strongest following in the UK, although there is a domestic scene, but the leagues in central Europe, Russia, Scandinavia and of course the NHL in the United States and Canada draw huge interest.
The sheer amount of different action taking place actually means that you will often find a very good selection of Ice Hockey bets across various online bookmakers.
So, to help you sort out where to bet, we’ve gone through the list of options and picked out which ones we feel are the very best betting sites for ice hockey.
We have also listed the things that we feel a good betting site for Ice Hockey would offer their customers and we have listed them in the section below.
On This Page
Ice Hockey Punters Look Out For…
- Live Streaming – Catching the latest Ice Hockey clashes in the NHL and across Europe can be tricky via standard means. Fortunately, there is another alternative option and that is the excellent Live Streaming services available on many of the best Ice Hockey betting sites nowadays. These sites often carry a massive selection of games from all over the world which are perfect for you to keep tabs on the action or enjoy a spot of In Play betting.
- Early Payouts – Ice Hockey can be an unpredictable game and things can change, especially if a team has players sent to the sin bin. As such, any betting site that offers early payouts if a team goes up by a certain number of goals in a game, is always a positive as it means that if the team then goes on to lose, you’ll still earn yourself a winning bet.
- Acca Bonus – Given that there are numerous games across the various leagues across the world, and that Ice Hockey is very popular in some countries (like Canada, Finland, Sweden, Russia, United States and the Czech Republic) it is unsurprising that some of the best betting sites for Ice Hockey offer an acca bonus on certain multiple selection accumulator bets on Ice Hockey.
- Cash Out – Like many team games, Ice Hockey can be going all the way of one team but then momentum shifts and the team that were being beaten can suddenly get on top. As such, if you are watching teams and a bet that looks like it could be a loser for you can be cashed out, then that is always a very good option.
- New Player Bonus – When you sign up with a qualify site that offers excellent Ice Hockey betting then it is always prudent to check out the Welcome Bonus that is on offer. You want a bonus that can be used across a wide range of sports, including Ice Hockey and which offers you a good chance of maximising the bonus and meeting any wagering requirements that it may have.
Compare Ice Hockey Bookmakers
- Live streaming of matches.
- Accumulator bonus offers.
- Early payouts on ice hockey.
- Biggest possible bonus offer.
- Best ice hockey odds when compared to rivals.
- Full marks for review score.
- Big bonus for a small deposit.
- Cash out & in-play betting.
- Live streaming via WHTV.
- Acca insurance available.
- Boost your odds with daily tokens.
- Huge range of betting promo’s.
- PickYourPunt request bet feature
- App/website need updating.
- Cash out your bets in-play.
- 4.5 out of 5 review score.
- Added value promotions every week.
- New and improved design/layout.
- Good bonus for smaller deposits.
- Good for event specific promotions.
- Weekly free bet club (£10).
- Unique daily special bets.
- £10 weekly in-play free bet club.
- Live ice-hockey streaming.
- Uniboost bet boosts (3x daily).
- Rarely best odds but still competitive.
Latest Odds: NHL
No Odds to Display
Ice Hockey Betting Reviews
The above table should give you a decent overview of what the main online bookmakers offer when it comes to ice hockey betting. To make sure you have all of the information required to locate and select the very best bookmaker for you, however, we’ve gone one step further and shortlisted our three favourite betting sites for Ice Hockey. You’ll find that shortlist below, along with a brief review of exactly what each site offers to ice hockey fans.
#1 For Ice Hockey – William Hill
Coming in top spot, William Hill is a tried and trusted bookmaker which provides punters with a terrific overall ice hockey betting service.
Matches and tournament outrights are made available to William Hill punters to bet on for an outstanding array of different leagues and competitions. Those include – as you would expect – the NHL and British ice hockey league, but also stretch to competitions from Austria, Finland, Poland, Switzerland and many more besides.
Each match which is priced up, what’s more, typically boasts a huge number of different markets for punters to bet on. Well over 50 different markets can be available for some matches and a good chunk of these remain available after matches begin, thanks to William Hill’s excellent in-play betting service.
Last but not least, the bookmaker’s WHTV live streaming service also makes a number of ice hockey matches each week available for punters to watch online, to round out an outstanding ice hockey betting service.Bet £10 get £30 free bet at Will Hill!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Ice Hockey – Betvictor
Another great destination for any punter who wants to place bets on ice hockey, Betvictor’s website has a dedicated ice hockey section which is simply packed full of different betting options.
Leagues, cups and competitions, including the NHL, the British ice hockey league and the major competitions from countries all over Europe and the rest of the world are all regularly priced up by Betvictor. Many of the matches from those diverse and varied leagues and cups, too, go in-play once the action has started and punters benefit from an in-play interface which includes great live scoring and graphics.
Whilst perhaps not offering quite as many different markets for each match as William Hill do, Betvictor do still provide a really decent selection which typically includes money line, handicap and total goals markets, amongst others.Bet £10 get £40 in free bets at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Ice Hockey – Coral
Ice hockey fans no longer feel like they’ve been left out in the cold when it comes to their betting options, thanks to the outstanding ice hockey betting service provided by Coral. A bookmaker which excels in a multitude of areas, Coral’s offering to ice hockey fans is no exception and provides a huge array of matches and competitions to bet on, a great selection of markets for those matches, live streaming and an acca-based promotion to boot.
Punters who head to the dedicated ice hockey section of Coral’s website will find a huge number of matches from the NHL, AHL and leagues from countries all over Europe and the rest of the world. For each match which is catered for, too, Coral offer a peerless selection of markets, many of which go in-play once the matches begin.
You’ll also find a bet and watch service at Coral, showing a range of sports, which punters can watch if they’ve got a funded account or placed a bet on the event listed (geo restrictions apply).Bet £5 get £20 in free bets at Coral!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Ice Hockey Bet Types
Now that we’ve offered all of that helpful advice and information as to finding the best ice hockey betting sites at which to place your wagers, all that’s left is to talk about the types of bet you might chose to place. To help in that regard, we’ve included below a brief description of five of the most common types of ice hockey bets.
Money Line – A popular and a simple type of bet, a money line wager is a bet on one team or the other to win any given ice hockey match. It is, therefore, simply the name given to what would be known as a match result market for a football match.
Puck or Game Line – Ice hockey betting markets described as ‘Game Line’ or ‘Puck Line’ bets, are essentially what would be called handicap bets for other sports. That means that they involve each team in a match being made either a favourite or underdog by a certain number of goals, and the bet being that they will outdo their handicap expectation.
Correct Score – Working in exactly the same way as a correct score bet for a football match, these markets ask punters to predict the final score of a given ice hockey match. They are popular bets with punters, as they offer far longer odds than simple money line or puck line wagers.
Winning Margin – Occupying the middle ground between money line wagers and correct score bets, winning margin markets are markets where punters can bet on how much they think a team will win a given match by. Generally speaking, the markets have a range of betting options from by one up to by around five or more.
Highest Scoring Period – An interesting a popular prop bet, a highest scoring period market asks punters to select which period of an ice hockey match will feature the most goals. These types of bet are in no way affected by the end result of the match and it does not matter who the goals are scored by, just when they go in.