- Bonus: Bet £10 get £30 + £10 casino
- Size: 7mb
- Speed: Fast
- Stability: Highly Reliable
- Compatible: Android & iOS
888Sport is a comparative newcomer to the world of online sports betting but they’ve got a state of the art betting app and that’s the focus of our review, which aims to give you all the information you need to decide whether it’s the app for you or not.
On top of that, we’ll also offer a detailed analysis of 888Sports new customer offer, which gives punters the chance to earn £30 worth of free bets and a £10 casino bonus for just a £10 first bet with the company.
888Sport App Review
- 888Sport App Pros & Cons
- 888Sport App Download
- 888Sport App Bonus
- 888Sport Mobile App Features
- 888Sport Mobile Review: Users
- 888Sport App Review: Our Verdict
888Sport App Pros & Cons
- Markets Available – 888Sport offers a wide range of betting markets across a large number of sports on its site and that is replicated on its mobile service. While football and horse racing are big markets, the app also offers excellent options for American Sports and Darts & Snooker in particular.
- Welcome Bonus – New customers can benefit from a good value welcome bonus which comes in the shape of £30 worth of free bets, plus £10 worth of casino gaming, for just a £10 bet when you have signed up and made a deposit into your new account.
- Promotions – 888Sport is well known for its promotions and free-to-play games and you can easily access these direct from both mobile apps.
- Live Streaming – One issue for customers via mobile and on the 888Sport betting site is that the live streaming option that sits alongside the In Play betting section is not the most comprehensive with just UK and Irish horse racing available for those who have placed a qualifying bet on the race.
- Colour Clash – While personally, I have had no issues with being able to discern things on the site, some users have commented on both app reviews that there is a colour clash that makes it difficult for them to read. Whether that is the site, or just the settings on their device, I am not wholly sure.
888Sport App Download Guide
Ready to start to enjoy the convenience of mobile betting with 888Sport? Well here, we will give you clear guidance on how to download both the iOS and Android apps.
Just follow the guides below and you will be up and running on the 888Sport app of your choice as quick as a flash.
888Sport iOS App Download Guide
- Click this link to open a 888Sport account and claim the bonus: Bet £10 get £30 + £10 casino.
- When the results show, click on the Install option for the 888Sport: live sports betting app.
- Wait for the app to download and then install onto your Android handset or tablet.
- When it has downloaded, close the Google Play Store.
- Click on the new 888Sport live betting sports app icon.
- Log in to the app with your username and password.
- Enjoy betting with 888Sport via your Android device!
Not Using an iOS or Android Device for Mobile?
Don’t want to download onto your iOS or Android device? Or maybe you own a mobile or tablet with a different operating system.
Either way, you can still access 888Sport’s mobile service through its mobile browser.
For convenience you should click this link to access the mobile version of the site. It will open using your devices default web browser!
888Sport App New Customer Bonus: Bet £10 Get £30 + £10 Casino Bonus
What New 888Sport App Customers Get
News customer at 888Sport receive £30 worth of free bets and a £10 casino bonus when the make a bet of £10 after they join.
The free bet stake comes in three parts, in the shape of two £10 free bets and one £10 free bet for mobile. All free bets must be used individually and in their entirety and are not eligible for use on each-way bets or permutations – the mobile free bet must (you guessed it) be used on mobile.
Free bets expire within 7 days if unused.
The casino bonus expires within 60 days if unused and winnings are capped at a max of £500. A 40x bonus amount wagering requirement is applied before withdrawal is possible and the bonus cash can only be used on certain games.
How To Release 888Sport App Bonus
In order to trigger both the £40 worth of bonuses you must bet £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.50) as your first bet with 888Sport.
The qualifying bet must be placed within 90 days of account registration. The bonus will then be credited when that qualifying bet is settled.
How To Withdraw 888Sport App Bonus
The 3x £10 in free bets credited are non withdrawable but any winnings generated from the use of these bonuses are paid in cash and can be withdrawn straight away… or used again as the player wishes.
You must meet a 40x the bonus amount wagering requirement to withdraw casino bonus funds or winnings.
Visit the 888Sport website for full offer terms and conditions.
Key Features of the 888Sport Mobile App
Whilst 888Sport are comparatively new to the sports betting world, their app does provide punters with a good selection of betting options. A great range of different sports from around the world are regularly covered, many of those sports have markets from a good array of different tournaments and competitions and the number of such markets is comparable with most top bookmakers.
Alongside that, the app also has a number of other features, the most notable of which are as follows:
- A handy search feature at the head of the app’s main page allows punters to search for specific sports, leagues, teams or bets in order to get their wagers placed far more quickly.
- The app has a dedicated ‘Live Betting’ section which has all of a punter’s in-play betting needs well covered. An excellent selection of sports have matches and events taken in-play on a regular basis and the in-play interface for each event features live scoreboards, statistics and text commentary.
- 888Sport’s excellent array of ongoing and event specific offers and promotions are all still available to users of their mobile app and include a number of acca-centric promotions, as well as best odds guaranteed for all UK and Irish racing.
- The ‘Bet & Watch’ feature of 888Sport’s mobile app streams live races from all of Britain and Ireland’s 85 different racecourses. In order to watch the streams, all punters need to have done is to have placed a bet worth at least £1 on the race in question.
888Sport App Review – What Users Think?!
As we’ve already mentioned, 888Sport is a comparatively newer entity within the world of online sports betting. Their mobile app, however, has been around long enough to garner a number of user reviews through both the Google Play Store and the App Store.
We’ve taken a microscope to those reviews in order to get an idea of what real 888Sport customers think of the bookmaker’s mobile apps, and the story which that tells is not a particularly positive one.
On the Google Play Store, 888Sport’s android app has achieved a rating of only two out of five stars, and has garnered more one star reviews than two, three four and five star reviews combined. If you dig into the poor reviews the app has received, too, a very noticeable trend appears. That is that the majority of users report that the app is extremely slow, unresponsive and prone to crashes and glitches.
The story when it comes to the App Store reviews of the 888Sports iOS app is little better, with the app having gleaned a two and a half star rating and many of the same issues having been reported.
888Sport App for iOS – Pros & Cons
- Dedicated Apps – The iPhone and iPad are similar but very different devices so it is good to see optimised individual apps being available for both devices from 888Sport.
- High User Reviews – While 16,000 ratings is nowhere near as many as some of its rivals have the majority of them are excellent and average out at an impressive 4.5 out of 5 stars on the App store.
- Languages – The 888Sport app is available internationally and that is good news especially when you consider you can change to one of 13 different languages that the app is available in.
- Size – While not one of the largest downloads, at 74.2mb the 888Sports app still does take a fair chunk of space from your storage and in truth, it is hard to see why it takes up so much space based on what is available on the site.
- Update Frequency – While the iOS app has been updated, it is not as frequently updated as some of its main rivals which may well explain why so many of the reviews posted complain about similar things over the years.
- User Feedback – One of the more concerning aspects of the 888Sport app is that complaints that were made about the app many years ago, seem to be being replicated even though the app has been updated a number of times since.
888Sport App for Android – Pros & Cons
- High User Scores – While there are only 4,850+ ratings to base the score on, the 888 app for Android does boast an impressive 4.5* out of 5 in the Google Play Store and that figure is replicated for either of the versions available to download.
- Promos – Promotions play a big part in what 888Sports has to offer and it is easy to access all these promotions from the Android app including the free-to-play games and of course, the welcome offer.
- Overall Service – There have been plenty of positive comments in the reviews for the sports betting site at 888Sport. They comment on many positive aspects of the site including odds value, ease of use and how well the sports betting app is set out.
- Log Out & Speed – The app was last updated in February 2023 at the time of writing but since then there have been numerous reports of users complaining about how slow the app is and also that when they use the app and try to place bets, they are often logged out without any explanation.
- Lucky 31 Bug – A couple of Android users gave complained that while the Lucky 31 multiple-selection bet is shown as an option on the app, when selected the player has been informed that the bet isn’t available.
- Update Issues – Perhaps worryingly, since the last major update to the app, there have been a higher proportion of 1* reviews than there were previously. Clearly a number of customers have not had positive experiences since the app was updated which may explain some of the issues outlined here.
- In-Play Suspensions – One of the more worrying issues is that several users have reported that In Play betting markets are suspended so often that it makes betting on them, or cashing out a bet, very difficult and as such makes In Play betting difficult to enjoy on the site.
888Sport App Review: Our Verdict
User reviews of the 888Sport mobile app aren’t great but what is our experience like?
We have unfortunately found that the issues reported by users through the Play Store and the App Store are indeed quite prevalent. The app is one of the slowest to load of any of the major bookmakers’ mobile offerings and there are often issues with pages failing to load and other frustrating glitches. There are, however, a number of good features and elements of the app which do help to redeem it at least a little.
The app’s search feature, for instance, makes it really easy to locate a specific sport, event or bet and is something that other mobile apps could stand to learn from. The ‘Live Betting’ section of the app, too, caters very well to punters who like in-play betting and 888Sport’s in-play interface is also pretty good. What’s more, 888Sport also allow for live streaming of horse races from the UK and Ireland through their mobile apps, whereas some bookmakers restrict their live streams to their desktop websites only.
Those beneficial features weighed against the operational issues encountered when using the 888Sport app, therefore, explain why we have awarded it a 3.5 star rating.
How Does the Android App Differ from the iOS App?
Whilst the Android and the iOS versions of the app are obviously optimised for the specific devices they can be used on, there is actually very little functional difference between them. Each include the same major features and offer basically an identical mobile betting service to their users. The major differences, therefore, are purely cosmetic and exist only to ensure that the apps display correctly on devices running each of the main operating systems.
How Can App Users Deposit Funds?
Most online bookmakers endeavour to make their mobile apps as functional and as user-friendly as possible, and 888Sport are no different. As such, depositing funds via the 888Sport app is quick and easy, and can be achieved simply by logging in to your account, tapping the ‘Cashier’ tab and then following the on-screen instructions. For some types of deposit, however, it is necessary to set up the payment method via the bookmaker’s desktop site before it is available through the app.
Is Self-Exclusion Possible Through the App?
In order to promote and support the idea of responsible gambling, 888Sport do indeed allow their punters to self-exclude from 888Sport’s services. To do so, a punter can simply access the 888Sport help centre, head to the ‘responsible gaming’ page and select one of the links to the bookmaker’s ‘Take a Break’ or ‘Self Exclusion’ services.
Is the App Available in Different Languages?
Given that 888Sport are a bookmaker who catered to punters across Europe, it should come as no surprise that there are a number of language options available for their mobile offering. Simply by opening the main menu within the app, a user can choose either English, German, Spanish French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Russian or Finnish from the ‘Choose your Language’ drop down menu.
What Measures Are In Place to Ensure User Security?
Across all of their platforms, 888Sport employ industry standard procedures and controls to ensure the safety of customers’ personal information and financial transactions. Those include secure network topology, which includes intrusion prevention and Firewall systems; encrypted communication; authentication and access control; and external and internal audit tests.
How do I use the 888Sport Android App?
If you want to bet with your 888Sport Android app, open the app and log in using the username and password you use on the standard site.
Peruse the available betting markets and add any you want to back to your bet slip by clicking on the odds. When complete, simply select which bet you want to make and the stake that you want to place. Then click the button to place the bet.
How do I use the 888Sport iOS App?
To place a bet on your iOS app for 888Sport, simply click on the icon to open up the app. On the main screen, you’ll need to enter your password and username. Once you have done this the landing page will load up.
Check through the different bets available to find the ones you want to place and add them to your bet slip by clicking on the odds. When you are finished, open the bet slip, select the bet you would like to make and then enter the stake. Then click the button to place your bet.