- Bonus: Bet £10 get £30
- Size: 45.7mb
- Speed: Very Fast
- Stability: Stable
- Compatible: Android & iOS
This app review focusses on the sportsbook mobile apps offered by Betfair and aims to give punters thinking of downloading one of the bookmaker’s apps all the information they need. That includes a step-by-step guide to downloading, an explanation of the apps key features and a rundown of its strengths and weaknesses.
We’re also going to to take a closer look at Betfair’s new sportsbook customer bonus and compare it to others that are available. That promotion gives any new Betfair customer the chance to boost their bank significantly when they join and start betting today.
Betfair App Review
- Betfair App Pros & Cons
- Betfair App Download
- Betfair App Bonus
- Betfair Mobile App Features
- Betfair App Review: Users
- Betfair Mobile Review: Our Verdict
Betfair App Pros & Cons
- Banking Options – Betfair offers customers a wide range of payment and withdrawal methods across its mobile options which makes it a flexible option for customers.
- Multi-Platform Accounts – With Betfair’s mobile apps you can easily access the other Betfair services all from the app. This is particularly beneficial if you are someone that uses the Betfair Exchange alongside the sites sports betting and casino services.
- Promotions – Betfair may not be top of the list when you think about promotions, but the site does offer a good range of different offers and deals for its customers, both on a long-term and short-term basis.
- Welcome Bonus – While the Betfair welcome bonus is not terrible, it is also not one of the better value deals. £20 of free bets for a £5 bet is definitely going to be of more interest to smaller stakes gamblers and it won’t offer much interest for those that like to bet a bit more via mobile.
- Exchange Odds – The biggest issue for me and perhaps many others with Betfair is that the odds you get for their markets on the sportsbook side of the app are nowhere near as appealing as they are if the user was to look up the same market on the exchange.
- Live Streaming – In comparison to some of its main competitors in the mobile betting industry, the lack of live streaming on the Betfair service as a whole is a big negative. That is especially the case if you are someone that enjoys In Play betting on a regular basis.
Betfair App Download Guide
Do you like what you have read about the Betfair app and want to give it a try for yourself but not sure how to get started?
Here we go through the simple process of how to download the iOS App and the Android App onto these particular devices.
And don’t worry if you don’t use an iOS or Android app, there is another way you can enjoy Betfair via mobile too, which we cover below!
Betfair iOS App Download Guide
- Click this link to open a Betfair account and claim the bonus: Bet £10 get £30.
- On your Apple device load up the App Store.
- Use the search facility to search for Betfair Sports Betting.
- When the results show up, select the Betfair Sports Betting app and click the Get button.
- The app will now download and install onto your handset or tablet.
- When the installation is complete, close the app store and click on the new Betfair Sports Betting app icon.
- Log in using your username and password.
- Once logged in you are now ready to use the Betfair sports betting service via mobile!
Betfair Android App Download Guide
- Click this link to open a Betfair account and claim the bonus: Bet £10 get £30.
- Head to the Google Play Store on your chosen Android device.
- Using the search facility, search for the term Betfair.
- The results should display the Betfair Sports Betting app. Click on the green Install button for this app.
- The app will then download and install onto your device.
- When the download and installation is complete, close Google Play Store.
- Locate the Betfair app on your device and tap it to open.
- Enter your username and password to sign into the app.
- You are now ready to use Betfair Sportsbook service on your Android device.
Not Using an iOS or Android Device for Mobile?
What do you do if you don’t have an iOS or Android mobile device? The good news is that there is one final option to use on any mobile and that is the Betfair mobile site.
Betfair’s site can be accessed direct from your browser on your phone or tablet and you can log in and access the site in this way. Users owning an iOS or Android device who do not wish to use an app can also log in to the site this way too.
Check out the site now! Just follow this link and you will be taken to the mobile site via your handset’s default browser!
Betfair App New Customer Bonus: Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
What New Betfair App Customers Get
Anyone signing up for a new Betfair account can claim a £30 free bet when they join.
You can get your hands on a £30 free bet token after you place 1x £10 bet with the company. Free bets are valid for 30 days. It’s not your usual bookmaker bonus deal but given the size you’d have to say the value really is there.
How To Release Betfair App Bonus
You need to place a £10 bet with Betfair at odds of 1/2 (1.50 decimal) or greater to trigger a £30 free bet token with Betfair.
You have 30 days after opening your account to release your free bets.
Free bets are released within 24 hours of meeting the five bet requirement. Cashed out bets do not count.
How To Withdraw
As is true of free bets provided by any and all online bookmakers, the £30 worth of free bets credited by Betfair is non-withdrawable and must, therefore, be used to place sportsbook wagers.
If those wagers return any winnings, the initial free bet stake will not be returned as a part of those winnings but what is won will be immediately withdrawable.
Visit the Betfair website to find full T&C’s.
Key Features of the Betfair Mobile App
As one of the biggest and most popular sports betting providers around, it should come as no surprise that Betfair’s mobile app provides a great service for those punters wishing to bet on the move.
The bookmaker provides a great selection of markets to mobile customers, which are split between a huge number of different sports, events and competitions all around the world. Those markets encompass both pre-event and in-play alternatives, and the Betfair app makes it quick and easy to navigate to exactly the wager you want to place.
What’s more, the app also includes the following notable features:
- A dedicated in-play betting section which regularly features live betting events from a multitude of different sports and events.
- In-play interfaces for the live betting events, which include live scoreboards, stats and text commentary to make it even easier to keep up to date with the action.
- Live streams of matches and contests from a wide range of different sports, which are available to watch to all Betfair customers with a funded sportsbook account or who have placed a bet in the past 24 hours.
- Live streams of each and every UK and Ireland horse race, which are available to watch to any punter who has placed a bet worth at least £1 on the race in question.
- A wide range of odds boosts and other special offers, which are just as easily available to mobile customers as to those punters who use the Betfair desktop site.
Betfair App Review – What Users Think?!
Betfair pride themselves on being at the vanguard of the online betting industry, and as such their mobile apps have been available to punters for a good while now. That means that there are plenty of user reviews of the app which have been posted to both the Google Play Store and the App Store. Taking a look at those reviews is a great way to get a handle on what real Betfair app users think, and that’s exactly what we’ve done.
On the Android side first, the app for Betfair can boast an exceptionally positive reception when it comes to user reviews on the Play Store. The app has achieved a 4.5 out of 5 star rating and has more five star reviews than four, three, two and one star reviews combined.
On the App Store, too, Betfair’s app appears to be well loved by users, having also achieved a 4.5 out of 5 star rating. The only slight issue which is regularly mentioned by users across both platforms, in fact, is that the app’s in-play betting section can be a little slow to load.
Betfair App for iOS – Pros & Cons
- Instant Withdrawals – Withdrawals are an issue for some companies with many taking longer than they should. Betfair, in contrast, have a generally good reputation for expedient withdrawals, with a number offering instant payment into your account, once the KYC verification process has been completed.
- Easy Menu System – Betfair’s menu driven system is one of the better ones when it comes to clarity. The mix of colours works well and offers a high contrast which is especially useful on smaller screen devices and those who have poorer eyesight.
- High User Ratings – Looking at the average rating of 4.7 stars out of five, it is clear that Betfair’s app for iOS ticks the major boxes for most customers. Especially interesting is the fact that the ratings show only a very small number of 1* reviews.
- Slow Speed – Several reviews mention that the Betfair Sports Bet app on iOS runs slowly and certainly it does appear that the app isn’t quite as fluid or responsive as some of its rival apps available.
- Crashes / Log-outs – All apps suffer from the occasional crash or slowness caused by bugs or other issues, but the Betfair app does have a larger number of customers reporting issues with slowness when loading and using the app and more worryingly being logged out, or the app crashing when trying to place or cash out bets.
- In-Play Speed – In Play betting is a key aspect of the Betfair site and while the majority of users don’t seem to have any issues there are a number of reviews where people have complained about slow and laggy updates to the markets which slows the In Play betting service down to a crawl.
Betfair App for Android – Pros & Cons
- Market Range – This is probably a good point for every aspect of the Betfair portfolio of sites but you do find an outstanding number of markets to bet on with many of the top fixtures. The breadth of options does mean that you will often find markets at Betfair that are rarely available on other sites.
- User Review Scores – Like the iOS App, the scores for the Betfair app are very impressive with a very high percentage of five-star reviews meaning that it scores a very high 4.7/5 stars on the Google Play Store. There’s also only a smattering of one-star reviews too.
- Latest App Version – While the reviews reveal a number of complaints about the Betfair app, it should be noted that the Android update in March 2023 has come after those complaints were made and there does appear to be far fewer complaints in the reviews since.
- Highlights Section – One of the main aspects of the Betfair site is the Sports Highlights section, which is prominent on the landing page, but the fixtures are not listed in any logical order and it can take time to scroll through and find the fixtures you want to bet on.
- Live Streaming Options – We’ve already touched on a lack of live streaming and it is keenly felt on the Android app especially if you want to bet In Play.
- App Speed – While the majority of customers are seemingly very happy with the Android app for Betfair, some have complained of the app being slow, glitchy and occasionally difficult to use because of these issues. Whether that is an app issue, or an issue with that particular device is not clear.
- App Size – The Betfair app is one of the larger ones on the market taking up a sizeable 142.8mb on your Android device, which is considerably larger than some of its main rivals.
App Review: Our Verdict
We’ve never been slow in recommending Betfair to punters and the sheer quality of their mobile app offerings helps to explain exactly why that is the case.
For any app to enjoy such a positive reception on both the Google Play Store and the App Store is nothing short of remarkable, and our experience with the app is just as positive. It’s for that reason that we have given it an impressive four and a half stars out of five.
It is a combination of many different factors which make the Betfair on mobile so impressive, and foremost amongst them is the reliability of its operation. Unlike some apps which are prone to freezing and crashing, after all, Betfair’s mobile offering makes it quick and easy to navigate and to place bets whenever and wherever you like. The sheer number of sports and markets you have to choose from through the app is excellent, too, and includes both in-play and pre-event options.
Whilst the in-play section of the Betfair app can sometimes be a little slow to load, once it does it presents a great array of live betting events to choose from. Tap any of those events, too, and you’re taken to an excellent in-play interface with live scoring, text commentary and statistics often featured alongside available markets. A fair number of in-play events, what’s more, also benefit from live streams which are either available to any customer with a funded account (most sports) or to a customer who has placed a £1 bet on the event (horse and greyhound racing).
How are the android app and the iOS app different?
As we mentioned earlier when explaining how to download the Betfair mobile app, there is both an Android and an iOS version available. These two versions are designed and optimised to work and to display effectively on the different mobile devices run on those two diverse operating systems. In terms of betting options, features and all other elements of functionality, however, there is essentially no difference between the apps.
How Can I Deposit to My Account?
It could hardly be quicker or easier to deposit to your Betfair account via their mobile app. All you need to do is to log in, tap the button at the top of the screen which displays your account balance and then tap ‘Deposit’. On-screen buttons and instructions will then allow you to select your favoured deposit method and to make your deposit in just a handful of further taps. Available deposit methods include credit or debit card, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, bank transfer and Paysafecard.
Does the App Allow Self-Exclusion?
In order to promote responsible gambling, Betfair make it really simple and speedy for customers to self-exclude form their betting service. To do so, a punter can simply open the ‘My Account’ menu, select the ‘Player Protection’ option from the ‘Account Details’ menu and then follow the on-screen instructions for Self-Exclusion.
Can I Change the Language of the App?
It is to the ‘My Account’ menu that Betfair punters need to head once again if they wish to change the language of their mobile app. Within that menu they will find a ‘Settings’ option, which when selected will display a ‘Select Language’ drop down menu amongst other options. The available languages to choose from are English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Swedish.
Is the App Secure?
The answer to this question is quite simply yes. Betfair are a tried and trusted sports betting provider and they employ a number of proven methods to ensure the security of their punters across all platforms. These include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption of sensitive information and financial transactions, two-step authentication and many others.
How do I use the Betfair Android App?
Using the Betfair app is as easy as opening the app and then logging in to your account. When the landing page loads, check through the available bets to find a selection you want to bet on.
To add the selection to your bet slip, click on the odds and when you have added all selections you wish to make, open the bet slip, select the bet type you wish to place and then enter your unit stake. Then just click the button to place the bet.
How do I use the Betfair iOS App?
Open the Betfair app on your Apple device and then log in to your account. When the home page loads up, check through the different betting markets available to find the bet you wish to place. Add the selection to your bet slip by clicking on the odds.
When you have made all your selections click on the bet slip, select your bet type, enter your stake and then press the button to place your bet.