- Bonus: Bet £10 get £40 bonus
- Size: 15.9mb
- Speed: Fast
- Stability: Highly Reliable
- Compatible: Android & iOS
Betfred have moved from the British high street to the online scene and now offer downloadable mobile apps, and it is those apps which this page aims to review and to assess. We will take a look at how the apps can be downloaded, what features they offer to punters and how they rate as compared to the apps offered by other major bookmakers.
If you decide to sign up for Betfred today then as a brand new customer you can get their bet £10 get £40 in bonuses sign up offer. Right now it’s one of the best deals you’ll get from any online bookmaker.
Betfred App Review
- Betfred App Pros & Cons
- Betfred App Download Guide
- Betfred Mobile App Feature
- Betfred App Review: Users
- Betfred App Review: Our Verdict
Betfred App Pros & Cons
- Range of Promotions – Betfred are well known for their high-quality promotions such as longstanding offers like Double Delight/Hattrick Heaven, Pick Your Punt, and Free Bet if 2nd offers. You can access all these outstanding offers, and many more, direct from the app.
- Welcome Offer – There’s no doubt that Betfred’s Welcome Offer is one of the easiest for any punter to access. Stake just a tenner and you can pick up £30 in free bets. You can claim this offer direct from the mobile app within 7 days of registering.
- Sports & Markets – Where Betfred excels for mobile users is in the range and breadth of sporting markets they offer, and then in the number of fixtures and betting markets offered within those sports. That extensive range is fully available and easily navigable on the Betfred app.
- Multi-Platform – Love the other Betfred services such as Casino or Games? Then the good news is a single log in on the app will also give you access to these additional services without the need for another download.
- Improving Review Scores – Over the last few years we have seen the review scores for both apps improve markedly. This suggests that customers are now much more satisfied with the quality and service that the Betfred app provides.
- Tech issues – A number of people have reported technical issues on mobile devices, particularly with time-dependent features such as In Play betting or using the Pick Your Punt service.
- Crashes & Log Outs – Similarly, there are a number of Android and iOS users who have reported that the app crashes on them, or logs them out of the app without warning.
Betfred App Download Guide
If you want clear and easy guidance on how to get the latest Betfred App downloaded onto your device – here it is!
Starting with customers that have iOS (Apple) mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad and then moving onto Android devices.
Betfred iOS App Download Guidance
- Click this link to open a Betfred account and claim the Bet £10 get £40 bonus.
- Head over to the App Store.
- Search for Betfred
- Click on the “GET” option next to the Betfred Sports, Casino & Games icon.
- The app will then download and install onto your device.
- Close the App Store and head back to your devices’ home screen.
- Click on the newly created Betfred icon to load the app.
- Log in with your user details.
- Enjoy betting on the iOS Betfred app!
Betfred Android App Download Guidance
- Click this link to open a Betfred account and claim the Bet £10 get £40 bonus.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store
- Search for Betfred Sports, Casino & Games.
- Click the Install button to begin the process.
- The app will download and install onto your device.
- Close the Google Play Store and go to the home screen.
- Click on the Betfred icon that has appeared.
- Log in to your account.
- Enjoy wagering on the Android Betfred app!
Not Using An iOS or Android Device?
Don’t worry! Betfred has made its site entirely mobile compatible too, so other devices can log into its mobile-enabled HTML5 site via their browser by following this link!
In fact, you can also use the mobile site on Android and iOS devices through a browser if you prefer. But remember that the site will not be as optimised for your device as the bespoke mobile app is.
Betfred App New Customer Bonus:
What New Betfred App Customers Get
Punters opening their first ever account with Betfred and placing a qualifying initial bet of £10 will get £30 and £10 free spins deal (50 spins, value 0.20p) thanks to their welcome offer.
The initial bonuses will be credited within 48 hours of the punter’s qualifying bet being settled and then remains valid for a total of seven days after issue.
The free bets part of the bonus can be split up however you choose, so you don’t have to use it all at once.
How To Release Betfred App Bonus
In order to release their bonuses customers need to deposit at least £10 to their account and then place a bet with a stake of £10 or higher at odds of evens (2.0) or greater. The best must also be settled within 60 days of placement.
If those criteria are met, the free bets will be credited to the punter’s account within 48 hours of settlement of the qualifying bet.
How To Withdraw Betfred App Bonus
Free Bets: once the full bonus amount (£30) in free bets has been bet once over you are free to withdraw any winnings associated with the bonus bets. The bonus stake is not returned, only profits if the bet or bets win.
Free Spins: once you log into the Blue Wizard slot game you’ll be able to claim your free spins which have a value of 0.10p. You can withdraw any winnings from the spins instantly if you get some.
Full terms and conditions for the offer can be found on the Betfred website.
Key Features: Betfred Mobile App
Betfred are an online bookmaker who pride themselves on both their breadth of available betting markets and on the generosity of the odds which they provide, especially when it comes to football betting.
Both of those advantageous traits are carried over to their mobile betting offerings, which allow users of any type of mobile device access to a huge selection of markets across a broad array of different sports. Those markets encompass both pre-event and in-play options and are typically offered at odds which compare very favourably to those offered by Betfred’s major competitors.
Those are just a few of what are a good number of notable features of the mobile app:
- An outstanding selection of different sports from all around the world are catered for and can be found in the A-Z list, which is accessible via one tap from the Betfred app home page.
- In-play betting is available for loads of events across many different sports, each and every day. Those events which do go in-play benefit from live scoring, handy graphics and text commentary of the action as it happens.
- Regular promotions and offers are run by Betfred, some of which are only available to users of the mobile app.
- Live streaming of loads of different sports is available to view via the mobile app for Betfred customers with a funded account. All UK and Irish horse races, what’s more, can be watched by punters who have placed a bet worth at least £1 on the race.
- Virtual sports, the Betfred Casino, Betfred Bingo and the Betfred Live Casino can all be accessed via the menu of the main Betfred Sports mobile app.
Betfred App Review – What Users Think?!
The Betfred app has long been available through the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. That means that there has been ample time for mobile punters to review the app through those two channels and the available reviews give a good insight into what real app users think about Betfred’s mobile offering.
Focussing on the Android version of the app first of all, user reviews posted to the Google Play Store do not paint a particularly positive picture for Betfred. At time of writing, in fact, the app has achieved a paltry rating of two out of five stars and has far more one star reviews than reviews at any other level.
The majority of dissatisfied users cite operational issues with the app, such as frequent crashes, slow running and – in many cases – being blocked from using the app due to it incorrectly claiming that they are not resident in the UK.
Turning to user reviews posted to the Apple App Store, the story is a little more positive for Betfred, but not much. Via that platform, the app has a three out of five star rating but many users have still complained of similar issues to those raised by users of the Betfred android app. Whilst user reviews cannot always be taken as gospel, therefore, the fact that so many reviews of the app mention similar problems is unquestionably worrying.
Betfred App for iOS – Pros & Cons
- Free Bets & Bonuses – Usability is a key for any app and the iOS version of the Betfred app has gained many positive comments about how well the promotions and bonuses work on it. Especially for new customers signing up with the welcome offer.
- Regular Updates – Betfred have upped their game with their apps in recent years and the iOS App is updated regularly. This ensures that any bugs reported and other features and fixes can be fixed and applied.
- Race Card Usability – How the iOS app is set out is clear and easy to follow, with some horse racing punters praising how the cards are organised for each race meeting. This makes finding and betting on these races much easier.
- Large App Size – The Betfred App is not a small one and it will bulk out at over 405mb on your device.
- Site Crashes – The iOS App seems to have issues on some devices with crashing. Users report seeing blank pages and having to log out and back in again to resolve the issue.
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later – Earlier iOS devices may not be able to run the current Betfred app as it requires iOS 15 or later to be available on the service.
Betfred App for Android – Pros & Cons
- Improved Scores – A few years ago, Betfred’s app had a miserly score of around 2/5 average on its app reviews. Nowadays, that average has shot up to around 4.1/5. That suggests that majority of users are much more satisfield with the current version of the app.
- Customer Service – While there have been some complaints about customer service, many of them seem spurious and complain when it the customer that has made a mistake. Other reviews complement the customer service they experienced when contacting Betfred.
- Regular Updates – There have been five updates already in 2023 and it seems likely that regular update will continue to keep the app running more smoothly than it has previously.
- Live Streaming & In Play – Certainly, if you want to use the Android app for live streaming and In-Play betting then reviews suggest this works very well on these devices.
- Slow Speed – Many of the complaints that users have had with the Android app for Betfred stem from slowness and poor speed when used on older Android devices. While this is undoubtedly a con, it is an issue that those using the most up to date app on a relatively modern device, should be able to avoid.
- Location Issues – Several users have said that without the location finder enabled, the app is not as speedy, or as stable as it is when the location finder is enabled. Therefore, it would seem beneficial to have the location finder enabled when using the app.
- Logging in/out Errors – There are reports from some users that report issues with logging into the site. More problematic seems to be random log-outs, which some users have reported occurring frequently when they access the site.
Betfred App Review: Our Verdit
Given the somewhat mixed user reviews of the Betfred app, do we agree?
In spite of the practical, operational issues which some users do report having encountered when using the app, there is no question that the features and the overall service offered to mobile customers is a good one.
The Betfred mobile app gives punters access to just as many different sports, events and markets as their desktop website and has easy to understand navigation, which makes it simple to locate and access those different markets. Those markets, too, also benefit from the generally generous odds which Betfred are famous for offering – especially when it comes to football betting.
On top of that, Betfred’s mobile app also includes a comprehensive in-play betting area which hosts loads of in-play events across a wide selection of sports every day. Those in-play events always benefit from an impressive in-play interface with live scoring, graphics and stats, and plenty of them also boast live streams of the action. Those streams are available to Betfred customers with a funded account and as such, are just as easy to view via the mobile app as through the main Betfred website.
Taking all of that into account, therefore, we have awarded Betfred a rating of four out of five stars given the outstanding range of features it offers but still taking into account the glitches and issues reported by regular users.
Is There Much Difference Between the Betfred Android App and the iOS App?
For a long time Betfred opted for a solely browser based mobile offering rather than downloadable mobile apps, in order to keep their service as similar as possible for users of different mobile devices. Whilst the bookmaker do now have both an Android and an iOS app which can be downloaded, they have stuck to that idea of keeping their mobile offering as consistent as possible and the differences between the apps are minimal.
How Do I Deposit Funds?
A notable advantage of the Betfred mobile app, which some users may take for granted, is the fact that depositing funds is just as quick and easy as through the desktop version of the bookmaker’s website. In order to do so, all a punter needs to do is to is to open the My Account menu – accessible via a link at the top right of the screen – and then select the ‘Deposit’ option. On-screen instructions will then lead you through the entire process.
Does the App Allow Self-Exclusion?
Just like all other major, trustworthy bookmakers, Betfred have a number of processes in place to aid responsible gambling and self-exclusion is indeed one of those. For Betfred, self-exclusion requires a punter to email firstname.lastname@example.org and to provide their PF Number, account username, full name and address (including postcode) and the period of time they would like to self-exclude for.
Are There Different Language Options?
Like many UK based bookmakers, Betfred’s mobile apps are only available to download in the default language of English. There is the option, however, within the My Account menu to change the currency in which the Betfred app displays your account balance, in order to better cater for international customers.
How Secure is Betfred Mobile Betting?
Betfred take data and systems security very seriously across all platforms. As such, they employ advanced security systems to protect all of the personal and financial information provided by punters, prior to transmission. What’s more, transactions all benefit from industry standard encryption and the app requires a user name and password login.
How do I use the Betfred Android App?
Using the Betfred app is simple. Load up the Betfred app by touching the icon, log in, check out the markets, add the bet you want to your bet slip and place the bet.
Almost all other actions can be accessed from the relevant sections on the main page of the app.
How do I use the Betfred iOS App?
Click on the Betfred icon on your device, log in, browse the markets and make your bet selections. When ready, add your stake and click the button to place your bet.
You can access other sections of the app, such as your account, from the home page of the app.