- Bonus: Bet £5 get £20
- Size: 110mb
- Speed: Fast
- Stability: Stable
- Compatible: Android, iOS & Windows
Coral are one of the best known and most trusted bookmakers around. We’re going to review and assess all aspects of the Coral mobile app, including how you can get it, what users think of it and what major features it offers, in order to come up with our overall opinion of the app.
One thing we do love about the Coral app is the fact that all new customers who sign up and bet £5 get £20 in free bets as a welcome bonus – a 400% welcome offer which is one of the biggest industry wide.
Coral App Review
- Coral App Pros & Cons
- Coral App Download
- Coral App Bonus
- Coral Mobile App Features
- Coral App Review: Users
- Coral Mobile Review: Our Verdict
Coral App Pros & Cons
- Promo’s & Bonuses – If you are someone that loves to get a little added extra value with your betting through bonuses, then Coral ticks all the right boxes. From a small but very accessible welcome offer, through to regular promotions offering free bets, insurance and more, promotions are where Coral are very strong.
- Odds – Although by no means universal, Coral does offer some of the best odds available for a number of markets regularly frequently. That does include popular markets such as football and horse racing.
- New Customer Offer – We’ve already mentioned the Coral Welcome Bonus which is just a £5 bet to receive £20 of free bets. However, it should be noted that you must use a Visa or MasterCard debit card in the UK to access the offer as other payment methods do not qualify for the bonus.
- Free To Play Promotions – Alongside a range of promotions for a wide variety of sports, Coral also offers some fantastic free-to-play games offering cash prizes and free bet prizes. These include Rewards Grabber, Football Super Series and Racing Super Series.
- Multi-Platform – If you use Coral Casino alongside your sports betting service from Coral, then you’ll be glad to know that the main Coral app allows access to a variety of casino games through the same app without having to download another.
- Design – Ever since Coral developed their first mobile app, it has looked a little outdated compared to some others with its blue and white livery. The company has not made any real changes to the look of the mobile site and app and it probably is due a refresh.
- Stability – Worryingly, neither of the two apps available for Coral seem particularly stable or user-friendly. We’ll examine the issues for each of the apps in more detail below.
Coral App Download Guide
Mobile users make up a significant proportion of Coral’s customers nowadays. So how do the company meet the requirements of their customers?
Let’s examine the current iOS and Android mobile app and site options available with Coral.
Coral iOS App Download Guide
- Click this link to open a Coral account and claim the bonus: Bet £5 get £20.
- Search for Coral or Coral Sports Betting in the app store.
- Locate the Coral Sports Betting & Casino app and click the ‘Get’ button to download and install it onto your device.
- Click out of the App Store and head back to your home page.
- Scroll through to find the new Coral Sports Betting & Casino app and click on it.
- Enter your username and password.
- You should now be logged in and ready to make your next bet with Coral on your Apple device!
Coral Android App Download Guide
- Click this link to open a Coral account and claim the bonus: Bet £5 get £20.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the term Coral or Coral Sports Betting
- Find the Coral Sports Betting app and then click on the Install button next to it.
- The app will then download and install onto your Android phone or tablet.
- Click off the App store and locate the Coral app you have just downloaded to your device.
- Click on the Coral icon to open it.
- Enter your username and password to gain access.
- If you are signing up, click on the option to register as a new customer and complete the forms.
- You are now ready to enjoy using the Coral Android app!
Don’t have an Android or iOS mobile device?
If you don’t use an Android or iOS device, or you don’t want to download the available app for whatever reason, you can access Coral via your browser.
Coral uses a mobile-compatible site which means you can log in from a browser and access the site this way on a huge range of devices.
You can access this site via a browser by following this link!
Coral App New Customer Bonus: Bet £5 Get £20
What New Coral App Customers Get
New customers at Coral can get their hands on 4x £5 free bet tokens when they make a £5 bet with the company.
Each of those free bet tokens must be wagered individually and in full, and remain valid for a total of seven days after they are initially credited. If they are not used within that time, they become void.
How To Release Coral App Bonus
In order to trigger the crediting of their 4x £5 free bet tokens, a punter who has never previously bet with Coral must first open a new Coral account. They then need to deposit at least £5 and then bet that same minimum amount on a qualifying sportsbook wager.
In order to count as a qualifying bet, the punter’s first £5 wager must be at odds of at least 1/2 (1.5 in decimal format) and must be placed within 14 days of their brand new account being opened. The free bet tokens are triggered by the placement of such a bet and will be credited to the new Coral customer’s account.
How To Withdraw Coral App Bonus
The 4x £5 free bet tokens triggered as part of the Coral new customer promotion are both non-refundable and non-withdrawable. They can only be used, therefore, to place sportsbook bets through the Coral website or mobile app. If a wager placed using a free bet token is successful, the winnings returned will not include a return of the free bet stake. What winnings do result, however, are available to withdraw instantly as and when a punter desires. The free bet tokens are also not returned if they are wagered on a subsequently voided selection (i.e. a late non-runner in a horse race).
Full T&C’s apply – visit the Coral website for details.
Key Features of the Coral Betting App
Perhaps not as easy on the eye as the apps of some of their major competitors, Coral’s mobile offering is nonetheless an excellent option for those punters who like to bet on the move.
Navigation through the app is quick and easy, and its homepage includes featured bets and links to other notable wagers which mean that popular bets can be placed with just a couple of taps. The range of sports, events and competitions covered by Coral, too, is really impressive and their full A-Z list of available sports can be accessed via a permanent link on the app’s toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
Add to that all of the following key features and you get an outstanding overall mobile offering:
- A great selection of markets are available for a huge selection of sports and can all be quickly and easily found through the app.
- In-play betting is very well catered for, with a large number of events being taken in-play each and every day. The Coral in-play interface, too, is impressive and features live scoreboards, stats and text commentary for many matches and events.
- A good number of promotions and offers are run by Coral on an ongoing and occasional basis, with many daily special bets featured on their app’s home page.
- Just as is the case through their desktop site, users of the app can also stream a great selection of events live on a daily basis. Streams for a number of different sports are readily available and can be viewed by any punter with a funded Coral account. UK and Irish horse races, meanwhile, can be watched by any punter who has placed a bet worth at least £1 on the race.
- Users can also benefit from the weekly free bet club which adds a nice but of added ongoing value.
Coral App Review – What Users Think?!
Coral have offered a downloadable iOS and Android version of their mobile app for a number of years now. What that means is that there are plenty of user reviews available via both the Google Play Store and the App store, to provide a flavour of what real Coral users generally think about the apps.
When you take a look at those reviews, the story is a largely positive one, with the app achieving 4.2 on the Google Play Store and a 4.5 rating on the App Store.
Scratch the surface of those customer reviews and what you find is that most Coral users love how clean and easy to navigate the app generally is. What’s more, there are also plenty of plaudits for Coral’s customisable and intuitive betslip, and for the fact that the app is generally user-friendly. What the handful of more negative reviews tend to have in common, however, is that they tend to complain of the app being a little slow to load and to move between sections or pages.
Coral App for iOS – Pros & Cons
- Usability – It may not be our cup of tea here at Cheekypunter, but there are some positive reviews for the layout of the app and how it works from a number of customers. They like its simple, streamlined service and intuitive interface.
- Small Size – If space is an issue on your iOS device and you find yourself having to delete apps to load new ones on, then the good news is that the Coral App for iOS takes up just 40.3mb on your device, which is a small file compared to some other sites’ downloads.
- Free To Play App Games – You can access the key free to play games on the Coral App, which makes it easy to get your free entries in each week that the promotions are being run.
- Low User Score – Worryingly, there are as many 1/5 as there are 5/5 scores for the Coral iOS App, which means an average score of a disappointing 3.1 out of 5. Clearly, plenty of people are having issues of one kind or another with the app.
- Infrequent Updates – Some of those issues could be partly due to the fact that Coral has not updated the app since 2021. That is very poor, especially when you consider that some of their main rivals have updated their app several times in 2023 alone. Some have updated it several times in June 2023 alone!
- Customer Services – In amongst the slew of negative comments about the iOS App for Coral, there are some positive ones and customer services do seem to focus more on responding to the positive reviews, than dealing with the negative.
Coral App for Android – Pros & Cons
- Promotion Access – The Android app looks and operates in the same way as the iOS app and the positive thing about that is easy access to the major Coral promotions from the app, including the sites free-to-play offerings.
- Solid Reviews – A look at the review page on the Google Play store seems to reveal a general contentedness with the Coral app with an average score of 4.2/5 for the mobile version and 4.0/5 for the tablet version which indicates a high level of happiness with the app.
- Speed Issues – There are a significant number of complaints over the years from users that complain that the app runs slowly on Android devices and not only that, but it can take a considerable amount of time for the app to even load up on their device.
- In-Play Issues – Another regular complaint for customers has been the number of issues people have had with In Play betting on the Android App. This includes not being able to place bets in time, the In Play service running slowly and reporting out of date information and being logged out of the service repeatedly when trying to bet In Play.
- Crashing Bug – Banking has been another concern with some customers stating their Android device crashes the app when they try to add funds to their Coral account.
- Lack of Updates – While the Android version of the app has seen more updates than the iOS version, the last update was on 12th Feb 2023 and given the number of issues reported, that doesn’t seem to be enough.
- Customer Services – It is good to see Coral customer services addressing some of the comments from happy and unhappy customers, although these responses do seem generic and they only address a small number of comments out of all those made in the reviews.
Coral App Review: Our Verdict
So.. where does the Cheeky Punter stand after their Coral mobile app review?
The above complaints about the speed of the app notwithstanding, we believe that Coral’s mobile offering is unquestionably one of the best around and that’s why we’ve awarded it a four and a half star rating.
The app isn’t as flashy or aesthetically pleasing as some offered by Coral’s major competitors, but what it may lack in appearance, the app more than makes up for in how easy it is to use. Navigation is logical and user-friendly, and the app could hardly make it easier to locate whatever bet it is that a punter wishes to place. What’s more, the choice of available bets is also second to none and includes a vast number of both pre-event and in-play options for almost any sport you could think of.
Speaking of in-play betting, Coral’s mobile app also excels when it comes to the in-play interface which each live betting event benefits from. Live scoreboards, stats and even text commentary regularly accompany the in-play betting markets available, even when the match or event in question is comparatively low profile. A good number of events, too, feature live streams which can be watched by any Coral customer with a funded account and that is a final, notable plus point of what is an all-around excellent app.
How Are the Coral Android App & the Coral iOS App Different?
In truth, the answer to this particular question is that they really aren’t all that different. The main features and major functions of each app are exactly the same and the range of betting markets and promotions on offer also do not differ between the Android and the iOS apps. It is only in design and aesthetics, therefore, that differences can be found as each app is optimised to appear as attractively and to work as efficiently as possible via the different devices which it will run on.
How Can I Fund My Account?
In order to deposit through the app, you need to first add either a credit/debit card or a Paypal account as a payment method through the Coral desktop site. Then, you can simply tap the Cashier button (displaying a collection of dollar bills) on the Coral app and a page for your chosen payment method will appear. On that page you simply need to fill in a few details which will be requested and then your chosen amount will be deposited to your Coral account.
Can I Self-Exclude on the App?
Coral, like most trustworthy and respected online bookmakers, take responsible gambling very seriously and as such, allow customers to self-exclude in a number of ways. That includes providing an easy path toward self-exclusion through their mobile app. To self-exclude via the app, a Coral punter need only access the ‘My Account’ menu, select the ‘Responsible Gambling Settings’ option and then tap the ‘Self-Exclude’ button. They will then be sent a downloadable self-exclusion form to complete and return, allowing them to self-exclude for a period of between 12 months and five years.
What Languages are Available?
Coral is a largely UK and Ireland centric bookmaker and as such their downloadable apps are only actually available in English. The apps can, however, be altered so as to operate based on a small handful of different currencies to better suit international punters.
What Security Measures Are In Place?
In order to ensure the safety of punters’ funds when they use the Coral mobile app, the bookmaker employ a number of security measures. These include the encryption of any and all financial transactions and the fact that customers need to log in using their user name and password in order to access the app. As of mid-2017, what’s more, users of the Coral iOS mobile app can also enable either PIN code or Touch ID security for accessing their Coral app. Touch ID only works for iPhone 5S models and above but ensures that only pre-authorised fingerprints will be able to open the app if it is enabled.
How do I use the Coral Android App?
To bet using the Coral Android app, just click on the App icon on your device to open it and then log in with your usual Coral username and password.
Peruse the betting selections and add those you want to make to your bet slip by clicking on the odds. When you have made all your selections, open the bet slip, enter your stake and click the button to place the bet.
How do I use the Coral iOS App?
Click on the Coral app icon on your iOS device. When the app opens, you need to enter your username and password when prompted. Once you have done this the main part of the Coral App opens.
You can now browse the app for the different bets you want to place. Click on the odds to add them to your bet slip. When you are finished, open the bet slip, enter your stake and then click the button to place the bet.