- Bonus: Bet £20 Get It Back If It Loses
- Size: 145mb
- Speed: Fast
- Stability: Highly Reliable
- Compatible: Android & iOS
In our Paddy Power app review we will guide you through the process of downloading the app, explain the app’s main features and let you know both what we and what actual day-to-day app users think of the service Paddy Power offer to those who like to bet on the move.
What’s more, we’re also going to let you know all of the ins and outs of the welcome offer. New customers at Paddy Power can get an impressive bonus when they first sign up and use the app so make sure you don’t miss out!
Paddy Power App Review
- Paddy Power App Pros & Cons
- Paddy Power App Download
- Paddy Power App Bonus
- Paddy Power Mobile App Features
- Paddy Power App Review: Users
- Paddy Power Mobile Review: Our Verdict
Paddy Power App Pros & Cons
- Exotic Bets – Paddy Power is known for its quirky and at times controversial humour and that is evident in the mobile apps too. You can also find the full range of bets including the more unusual bets Paddy Power is famous for.
- Promo Value – Paddy Power offers a solid welcome bonus to new customers that sign up via mobile, which includes plenty of free bets and £10 worth of Free Spins. This is one of the stronger welcome offers available to customers.
- Range of Markets – Paddy Power’s main site has a vast range of sports and fixtures to bet on and that is very much the case with both apps too.
- Free-to-play Promo’s – Many of the top mobile-friendly sites offer free-to-play games and promotions. Paddy Power is no different offering its Wonder Wheel bonus which customers can play each day to win a variety of prizes.
- Mobile Odds – Unfortunately, when it comes to long term value in terms of odds, Paddy Power do not score that well compared to some other sites. Their odds tend to be in the middle to lower value range for the majority of markets.
- Live Streaming – Another issue across the full range of Paddy Power sites and apps is the fact that the site only offers limited live streaming on a small number of events, namely horse racing. This does impinge on how enticing its In Play service is.
Paddy Power App Download Guide
Are you ready to start betting with Paddy Power from your mobile? Not sure quite how to go about ensuring you download the right app for your handset?
Well fear not, we are going to give you clear step-by-step guides on how to download both the iOS and Android App, as well as details on how to use the Paddy Power mobile site!
Let’s begin with a look at how to download both apps first.
Paddy Power iOS App Download Guide
- Click this link to open a Paddy Power account and claim the bonus: Bet £20 Get It Back If It Loses.
- Load up the App Store on your chosen Apple device.
- Complete a search for Paddy Power or similar.
- When the results are shown click on Paddy Power Sports Betting and click the Get button.
- The app will then download and install onto your handset or tablet.
- When installation is complete, close the app store.
- Click on the newly created Paddy Power app and log in.
- Once logged in you are now ready to bet with Paddy Power on your iOS mobile/tablet!
Paddy Power Android App Download Guide
- Click this link to open a Paddy Power account and claim the bonus: Bet £20 Get It Back If It Loses.
- On your chosen Android mobile device, head to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the phrase ”Paddy Power Sports Betting”
- When the results are shown, click on the Install button next to the Paddy Power Sports Betting app.
- The app will then download and then install onto your device.
- When the installation is complete, close the Google Play Store.
- Find and click on the new Paddy Power Sports Betting app icon on your device.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Start betting with Paddy Power via mobile!
Not Using an iOS or Android Device for Mobile?
If you do not use an iOS or Android-based mobile device, or you do not want to download an app onto your iOS or Android device then the best option for you is the mobile compatible site.
For ease of use you can follow this link to access the Paddy Power mobile site directly from your phone or tablets’ browser.
Paddy Power App New Customer Bonus: £20 Welcome Offer
What New Paddy Power App Customers Get
Paddy Power’s new customer bonus offers the chance of a refunded stake up to a maximum of £20 if your first bet with the company is a losing one.
The refund is paid in real cash, not bonus funds, and is credited back to a customer’s Paddy Power account within six hours of the qualifying bet being settled.
How To Release Paddy Power App Bonus
In order to take part, all a new Paddy Power customer need do is to sign up for an account, make an initial deposit by any method other than Skrill or Neteller and then place an initial £20 sportsbook bet.
The bet must be a single, double, treble or accumulator in order to qualify for the Paddy Power offer, and so cannot be a permutation, lottery or totepool bet. If the bet is then a loser, the punter will receive a refund of their £20 stake in real cash, within around six hours.
How To Withdraw Paddy Power App Bonus
Whilst the fact that the new customer bonus only provides a benefit to customers whose first bet loses is a little disappointing, one major benefit of the promotion is that the refund it provides comes in real cash. What that means is that if your first bet does lose and you get the refund from the new customer offer, you are able to withdraw it immediately if that’s what you wish to do.
Full T&C’s apply – visit the Paddy Power website for details.
Paddy Power Mobile App: Key Features
It should come as no surprise that a major operator such as Paddy Power provide what is a very good mobile betting service.
All versions of the app (iOS, Android and browser based) are easy on the eye and make navigating the available betting markets swift and simple. Those markets are numerous and diverse, too, with all major sports and many other events well catered for on a daily basis. On top of that, Paddy Power also offer an excellent in-play betting service and run many promotions and offers.
Our favourite features of their app are as follow:
- A wide range of sports, tournaments and events from all over the world are covered by Paddy Power and their mobile app gives access to thousands of different markets every day.
- In-play betting is available across a diverse selection of different sports and, through the in-play section of the app, and in-play interface featuring live scoring and text commentary is available for each event that’s covered.
- A multitude of different matches and games across a whole host of different sports can be streamed live through the app by any customer with a funded sportsbook app. All UK and Irish horse races are also available to watch live, for any punter who has placed a bet worth at least £1 on the race in question.
- Paddy Power are famed for their weird and wonderful promotions and offers, and in the most part these are just as easily accessible through the bookmaker’s mobile apps as they are via their desktop site.
Paddy Power App Review – What Users Think?!
Just like any widely available and popular app, the Paddy Power offering has been widely reviewed and critiqued by users through both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
We’ve taken a look at those Paddy Power mobile app reviews written by users to get a flavour of what real Paddy Power customers think of the mobile apps from the company. Unfortunately, the reviews across both major platforms reveal a few problems which have led many customers to rate the app somewhat poorly.
On the Google Play Store, the rating for the app comes in at just below three out of five stars (2.8 exactly) at time of writing, and the majority of reviews actually give the app just one star.
On the App Store, things are a little better for Paddy Power, with all versions of their iOS app tracking at 4 out of 5 stars.
For the most part, the negative reviews across both platforms centre on operational issues and glitches with the apps. These include tales of the app freezing, of certain types of bet being incorrectly unavailable and of the bet slip failing to work efficiently. Those are obviously concerning issues, but one would hope that they are problems which can be fixed by future updates of the app.
Paddy Power App for iOS – Pros & Cons
- User-Friendly – If you love to bet on your mobile with a smile on your face, then Paddy Power’s quirky sense of humour shines through on the iOS app. From the blog, to its quirky and unusual betting markets and offers, Paddy’s sense of fun shines through.
- Dedicated Apps – While Apple devices are similar, they are not the same, so it is good to see that companies are now optimizing their app for both iPhone and iPad. Paddy Power is one of a number of companies to do this and it does have an impact on how user-friendly the app is on each device.
- Regular Updates – There were a number of months from May 2021 when the app had not been updated, but there have been regular updates since January 2023, suggesting that Paddy Power is now once again giving its mobile app lots of attention.
- High User Reviews – Ratings can be tricky as they can be manipulated but with over 185,000 ratings, the average score of 4.7/5 is very impressive, but not as impressive as the very few number of 1* reviews.
- Customer Service – Paddy Power are strong on customer service on its site and that also extends into the reviews with customer support making comments on the vast majority of comments made by customers on the App Store, both positive and negative.
- App Size – Perhaps the only downside to the Paddy Power app is the fact that it is one of the biggest in size. Weighing in at a hefty 190.7mb, the app is almost five times the size of some of the apps of their rivals and can take up a good chunk of your storage space.
Paddy Power App for Android – Pros & Cons
- User Reviews – Android users have given the Paddy Power app a resounding thumbs up with a very impressive 4.5/5 stars over a million downloads and over 30,000 reviews. That is hugely impressive and a great many of those reviews are 5*.
- Navigation Speed – One nice touch in the Android app is the fact that there are very quick links to the horse racing and betting services, which means you can access these two very popular parts of the site, and In Play betting, very easily.
- Multi-platform – Many people enjoy casino games and more as well as a sports bet and with the Paddy Power app you can access a number of just such games, as well as Live Casino and bingo all from within this single app. Other Paddy Power apps are also available for its other betting services.
- 5* Ratings – Ratings can be a double-edged sword and can be skewed, but with a large number of reviews and a low number of 1* reviews, does tend to give credibility to the fact that most people are happy with how the app works.
- Slow Payouts – Some reviews have complained about the speed of payouts. However, they do tend to be some of the older reviews. Additionally, some others have praised for speed of payouts. In such circumstances, these complaints could be down to people making mistakes, not understanding how a bonus works for example, and then having a moan about it.
- Cash Out Bug – Perhaps more of a concern is the number of complaints about the Cash Out option on the site not working properly for customers, with some complaining of lengthy times for updates and the fact that people are clicking the cash out button, but their bet is not being cashed out.
Paddy Power App Review: Our Verdict
Does the Cheeky Punter Paddy Power app review align with what most users have been saying? Well… yes and no.
Paddy Power are a widely popular and generally pretty reliable bookmaker. As such, we often rate the bookmaker amongst our most highly recommended in a number of different categories. When it comes to their mobile app, we have given Paddy Power a solid if not spectacular rating of four stars out of a possible five, which places them somewhere in the middle of the pack when it comes to the mobile offerings of the major online bookmakers.
Across all platforms the app for Paddy Power is well-designed and as such, manages to be both aesthetically pleasing and simple to navigate. An excellent array of betting markets, across a wide range of different sports and covering both pre-event and in-play alternatives, are also readily available to all Paddy Power mobile customers. What’s more, Paddy Power also make live streaming of events just as easy through their mobile app as it is via desktop, and this is not true of all other bookmakers.
What cannot be ignored, however, are the repeated operational issues which customers report about the different versions of the ap. Glitches and problems with placing bets that cause winnings to be missed out on are often the source of customer complaints, and largely explains why we don’t rate the app quite as highly as some that are available.
Ultimately though, it’s hard to argue with the vast range of promotions they offer customers and for that reason alone they’re well worth giving a go.
How Different are the Android App and iOS App?
It is not in the interest of any bookmaker to discriminate in away against any potential group of customers. As such, the vast majority of bookies strive to make their Android and iOS mobile apps as similar as possible, and Paddy Power are no different. Their Android and iOS apps, therefore, include all of the same major features and only differ slightly when it comes to style and format, in order to best suit the different kinds of device which they will run on.
How Can I Fund My Account?
It is quick and easy to deposit to your Paddy Power account through the bookmaker’s mobile account, with both credit/debit cards and Paypal being offered as possible deposit methods. In order to make a deposit, all a punter need do is tap the displayed account balance and then tap deposit. That will take them to a page where they can choose their favoured deposit method and follow the on screen instructions to make their deposit.
Can I Self-Exclude on the App?
Just like most major, trustworthy bookmakers, Paddy Power offer a range of different services to aid responsible gambling. Those include their so-called ‘Take a Break’ self-exclusion option, which is quickly and easily accessible via their mobile apps. In order to take advantage of the service, a punter need only tap the ‘My Account’ link and then select ‘Take a Break from Gaming’. They then have the choice of excluding themselves from their Paddy Power account for either a ‘Short Break’ (1-30 days), ‘Long Break’ (30 days plus) or ‘Lifetime Exclusion’ (permanent).
What Languages are Available?
Paddy Power’s mobile app offers a comparatively limited selection of both languages and currencies. In fact, only the default language of English and a Spanish option are currently available to choose from.
What Security Measures Are In Place?
Paddy Power, as a well-respected and trusted betting provider, are obviously aware of the importance of mobile security. As such, the company use industry standard encryption to protect financial details and transactions, and require customers to input their user name and password to login to their mobile app. What’s more, an added security measure for Paddy Power’s mobile app, is that a customer is automatically logged out if they have remained signed up for a full 24 hours.
How do I use the Paddy Power Android App?
Placing a bet with Paddy Power via the Android app is easy. Click on the app to open it and then log in with your details when prompted. Check through the betting markets available to find the bet or bets you wish to make and add them to the bet slip by clicking on the odds.
Once completed, open the bet slip, select the bet you wish to make, enter your unit stake and then click the button to place the bet.
How do I use the Paddy Power iOS App?
Click on the Paddy Power app on your iOS mobile device to load it up. Then when prompted on screen, enter your username on the site and your password. When the site logs you in, look through the myriad of betting markets available to select which of those you want to back.
Add them to the bet slip by clicking on the odds for the selection you want to back. When your selections are made, open the bet slip, select the type of bet you want to make and then enter your unit stake for the bet. Finally click the button to place your bet.