- Bonus: Bet £10 get £30
- Size: 70.1mb
- Speed: Fast
- Stability: Reliable
- Compatible: Android & iOS
William Hill are one of the most famous and traditional names in the betting and gambling industry. Their sportsbook service has long been available as a mobile app and quite frankly it’s a pretty darn good one. Check out all its features, what users think of the app and how we rate it below.
It’s also worth noting that new customers at William Hill can claim a bet £10 get £30 bonus if they sign up and bet today. It’s a generous sign up deal and given the quality of the app it’s one well worth taking advantage of.
William Hill App Review
- William Hill App Pros & Cons
- William Hill App Download Guide
- William Hill App New Customer Bonus:
- William Hill Mobile App Features
- William Hill App Review: Users
- William Hill App Review: Our Verdict
William Hill App Pros & Cons
- Welcome Offer – One great thing for mobile customers with either of the William Hill apps is that they get a slightly enhanced 400% Matched Deposit bonus when they sign up, as opposed to a 300% Matched Deposit for regular sign ups on the website!
- Usability – As you would expect from a company that has such a long experience in the betting industry, the William Hill app is packed with all the main features of the website in what is a clean, easy-to-follow and well-designed app.
- Promotions – If you are concerned that you may miss out on any William Hill promotions or bonuses, then they are all available in the app. This Includes the free to play football prediction game Free or 4, as well as many other WH features such as Live Streaming of horse racing if you have bet £1 or more on the race.
- Review Scores – The William Hill app has certainly got plenty of fans from its 1m+ downloads, achieving a very high average score across the board and earning a massive number of 5* reviews, which dwarf the other 1* to 4* reviews for the app.
- Horse Racing – Place a bet of £1 or more on a race with William Hill and you will get to watch the race live streamed on your mobile device if you so wish.
- Mobile Odds – Perhaps the only downside of the app relates to the William Hill odds. The site is generally on the lower value side when it comes to odds offered when compared to some of its main rivals and that is very much the case on the app too.
William Hill App Download Guide
Do you want to go mobile with your betting with William Hill? Not sure how to proceed? Then here’s the answer on how you can download the iOS or Android apps for your device.
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions shown below and you’ll have the apps downloaded and installed on your device in double-quick time!
William Hill iOS App Download Guidance
- Click this link to open a William Hill account and claim the bonus: Bet £10 get £30.
- On your Apple device, open the App Store.
- Complete a search for the phrase William Hill or William Hill Sports.
- From the results, select the William Hill – Sports Betting option and click on the Get button.
- The app will begin to download and install onto your handset or tablet.
- When completed shut down the App Store and locate the new William Hill app.
- Click on it to open it.
- Enter your current username and password to log in to the app.
- You are now ready to bet at William Hill on your Apple mobile device!
William Hill Android App Download Guidance
- Click this link to open a William Hill account and claim the bonus: Bet £10 get £30.
- On an Android device, head over to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the term William Hill or William Hill Sports.
- When the results are listed locate the William Hill – Sports Betting app and hit the Install button.
- The software will then download and install onto your Android device.
- When the download is complete, close down the Google Play Store.
- Locate the newly downloaded William Hill app on your device and click to open it.
- Sign in with your current William Hill username and password.
- Once you are logged in, you are now ready to start betting at William Hill!
Don’t have an Android or iOS mobile device?
If you don’t have an Android or iOS device, then your best option to access your William Hill account on a mobile is via the mobile site.
Using a browser on your device, or by following this link, you can access the mobile version of the site and log in with your current account details.
iOS and Android users can also log in this way too. However, this service is not optimised specifically for their operating system.
William Hill App New Customer Bonus:
What New William Hill App Customers Get
If you’ve never before bet with – or opened an account with – William Hill, doing so gives you the chance to earn £30 worth of free bets. To trigger those bets, all you need to do is to place a qualifying £10 mobile sportsbook bet with the bookmaker and they will be credited to your account upon settlement of that bet (min odds 1.50 apply).
Free bets are credited in 3x £10 tokens.
How To Release William Hill App Bonus
In order to activate the promotion. To release your free bet bonus, you need to deposit at least £10 and place a qualifying sportsbook bet. Qualifying sportsbook bets are worth at least £10, which are placed at odds of 1.5 (1/2) or greater on mobile.
Deposits made using Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap, Neteller, Moneybookers, Envoy, PaySafe or Pingit do not qualify for the offer.
As soon as your bet is settled the free bets will be released.
How To Withdraw William Hill App Bonus
The £10 free bet tokens themselves are non-withdrawable and must be either used to place sportsbook wagers or forfeit after 30 days. If any winnings result from the use of the free bet tokens, those winnings will not include the return of the free bet stake but will be immediately withdrawable if a punter wishes to do so.
For full terms and conditions visit the William Hill website now.
Key Features: William Hill Sports Mobile App
William Hill are a bookmaker with an outstanding reputation for providing both a great selection of betting markets and generous odds on those markets, and they have also transferred those traits to their mobile app. Any punter looking to bet on the move with William Hill have the choice of almost any sport you could imagine and even the smallest or least popular of those sports often boast a good selection of available markets.
On top of that, too, the William Hill app also provides a number of other interesting features. The most notable of those, are as follows:
- A quick tab style link on the app’s main page provides access to the in-play events made available by William Hill at any given time. The range of events which the bookmaker do take in-play is impressive and a good number of markets are provided for each of them.
- Each in-play event which is available through the William Hill mobile app can be tapped to open the bookmaker’s excellent in-play interface. That interface displays the available markets, beneath a live scoreboard, sport specific graphic and text commentary.
- William Hill’s ‘WHTV’ live streaming feature is available through their mobile app as well as their desktop website. That means that select events from a wide range of sports are available to watch live if you have a funded account and that all horse racing and greyhound races from the UK and Ireland can be viewed if you’ve placed a £1 bet on the race.
- William Hill’s ‘#YourOdds’ feature allows punters to select their own bets for many events via social media and the selections of those punters are prominently displayed and available to bet on through the bookmaker’s mobile app.
William Hill App Review – What Users Think?!
As is the case with any and every app that has been available to download for a while, the Will Hill mobile app has been reviewed a considerable number of times by users on both the Google Play Store and the App Store.
Those reviews are a veritable gold mine when it comes to getting an insight into what users thin of the app, so we’ve taken the time to comb through them for some clues. When you look at the star rating of the app on both the Play Store and the App Store, you find that William Hill have achieved around a four out of five star rating.
That is extremely impressive as compared to other sports betting apps, and the popularity of the William Hill is borne out by the comments which accompany its reviews. The vast majority of those praise the app’s usability and the range of markets available, and there is only one slight issue which recurs regularly as a criticism from users. That is that the app can sometimes lag or be a little slow, especially when it comes to displaying a live stream, but this is certainly not something that is true to William Hill’s mobile offering alone.
William Hill App for iOS – Pros & Cons
- User-friendly – William Hill on iOS devices is a real feast for the eyes. The site is very nicely designed, intuitive and when working well, makes for a smooth and very user-friendly mobile betting service. It’s bonuses and promotions are also well presented and appealing.
- Dedicated Apps – William Hill has created separate versions of its iOS app for iPhone and iPad, which enhances the experiences of the user depending on which device they choose to bet from.
- High User Reviews – In terms of rating, William Hill’s app for iOS scores very highly with a superb rating of 4.7* out of 5 on average at the App Store. That is the same for both iPhone and iPad apps. The vast majority of ratings given to the app is 5 stars too.
- Regular Updates – The iOS app is regularly updated by William Hill with the last updated coming on the 1st June 2023 and on average there can bet between 6-12 updates each year to tweak the app and make improvements and fix bugs.
- App Size – Space an issue on your iPhone or iPad, then the William Hill app won’t take up too much space at just 48mb in size.
- Review Frequency – One thing to note is that despite a large number of 5* ratings, the number of reviews for William Hill’s iOS app is very small, with just a handful of written reviews to look at. Quite why that is,we are not sure but it does beg the question what has happened to other written reviews.
- Sports Only – William Hill also offers other betting sites such as Poker and Vegas Casino, but if you want to access them then you need to download a specific app for each of the two sites as they can’t be accessed from the Sports Betting app.
William Hill App for Android – Pros & Cons
- Live Betting – Several customers have reported that the Live Betting and Goal Alerts service works very well on the Android app and is hugely useful to them when betting and our review completely agrees with this assessment.
- Average Rating – With over a million downloads and 26,000 reviews, the Android versions of the app have an excellent average of 4.3* out of five, which suggests the vast majority of users are very happy with the app. Especially when you consider the high number of 5* reviews.
- Regular Updates – The Android app is updated frequently by the site owners and given the update history there is evidence that the developers work hard on addressing issues raised by customers to keep the app running smoothly.
- Optimised Apps – You can download optimised apps for Android phones and tablets, rather than just a one-size fits all app. This means you get a better experience with the app designed for your Android device.
- Customer Support – William Hill customer support are very active when it comes to commenting on reviews made by customers which is good to see. However, we would like to see a bit more than generic comments asking customers to get in touch or thanking them for a good review.
- Bonus Bugs – One of the major issues with the app on Android is that users have reported a number of issues when accessing bonus content, such as the bonus drop. This ranges from the content not working at all, to them trying to access it and it not working and even to them accessing it and never winning.
- Accounts Limited – A number of the reviews for the Android app are complaints from players that have had their account limited. That is worrying, but this is only one side of the story and there may be good reasons why this has happened (multi-accounting, attempts at bonus scalping etc). However, this is still a point to note.
William Hill App Review: Our Verdict
William Hill are unquestionably a bookmaker who fall within the category of the most reliable and trustworthy around. That alone is something to recommend them to punters but, on top of that, their mobile app is also really impressive and provides an excellent all-around service. It’s for that reason that we have given it a lofty rating of four out of five stars.
The app is perhaps not the easiest on the eye but what it may lack in attractiveness it definitely makes up for in functionality. It is really swift and simple to wend your way through the app and to find the sport, event and particular bet you want to place. What’s more, the selection of different wagers that William Hill do provide is second to none and encompasses loads of in-play betting options if that’s your thing.
When you head to an event which is in-play, too, William Hill’s interface for following the action and placing your bets is one of the best around and typically features a live scoreboard plus graphics and text commentary to show what’s happening in the event. Add to all of that the fact that plenty of events across lots of sports also benefit from live streams through the ‘WHTV’ feature, and you can’t fail but conclude that the William Hill app is a great choice for any punter looking to bet on the move.
Are the William Hill Android & iOS Apps Very Different?
In common with many online bookmakers, William Hill provide and Android and an iOS version of their mobile app but there is very little difference between the two. What we mean by that is that apart from the obvious fact that they are optimised to display and to work on different devices, the general functionality and features of the apps are basically identical.
Is it Possible to Self-Exclude Through the App?
It is indeed possible for any punter who’s worried about the amount they are gambling to opt to self-exclude via the app. In order to do so, they need to open their account menu, select the ‘Account Controls’ option, tap the ‘Gambling Controls’ link and then follow the on-screen instructions for self-exclusion.
Can You Use the App in Different Languages?
William Hill’s major betting market is unquestionably the UK and Ireland, and it is for that reason that the default language of their mobile app is English. It is possible to select from a range of alternative languages if desired, however. A punter can do so thanks to the ‘Languages’ option found within the ‘Settings’ section of the app’s main menu and the available languages are English, German, Russian, Swedish, Greek and Japanese.
How Do William Hill Keep Punters Secure?
Just as is true of their desktop site, William Hill also employ a number of methods to keep their mobile app as safe and secure as possible for punters. Those include employing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect sensitive information and financial transactions, and sometimes requiring ID checks to ensure no-one is fraudulently using a customer’s account.
How do I use the William Hill Android App?
Find the William Hill app on your Android handset or tablet and click on it to open it up.
Log in using your username and password and then start perusing the different betting markets available.
Add any selections to your bet slip by clicking on the odds.
When you have made your selection(s) open the bet slip, select the bet type and the unit stake you wish to bet. Then click the button to place the bet.
How do I use the William Hill iOS App?
Click on the William Hill app on your device and when it loads up, log in to your account.
Once you have logged in, simply browse the selected betting markets for the wide variety of sports available.
When you find a bet you like, click on the odds to add it to your bet slip. Repeat this until you have made all the selections you want.
Open the bet slip, select the bet type and enter your stake. Click the button and your bet is placed!