Betfair No Cash Out Suspensions
Betfair let their Cash Out feature run for the duration of a live sporting event, without it being suspended. Usually, the feature is subject to being briefly paused, perhaps when a major event like a goal being scored has happened.
But on select markets at Betfair, they have taken away the Cash Out suspension for active bets. In this guide, we take a look at just what this means for punters.
What Is The Betfair No Cash Out Suspensions Offer?
The Cash Out feature at Betfair allows punters to take a little bit of control over what’s happening to their active wager. An example is having placed a pre-match stake on an underdog away win in a Premier League match.
With 70 minutes on the clock, your bet is winning, but the backed underdogs are under pressure. Betfair will offer a Cash Out quote to settle the bet before the final whistle. This can be done with a full Cash Out or Partial Cash Out.
The Cash Out feature is reactionary to whatever is happening in a sporting event, sometimes it’s suspended. If a batting side has lost two wickets in the first four overs of their innings in a Test match cricket fixture, then the pre-match odds on that team winning are not going to reflect the current status of the match. The current status affects the Cash Out value and therefore odds need to change.
A suspension basically means that the bookie needs a moment to rethink and recalculate their odds. But at Betfair, there is a slightly different story as Cash Out suspensions are not triggered on certain markets within selected sports (these include football, cricket, tennis, golf and more).
Note that all new and existing customers can get this Betfair offer because it is just something that sits in the background as part of the overall operation.
For new customers registering a Betfair account, there is a separate welcome bonus to look at, which offers a free bet bundle package.
Get set up with a Betfair account using the button below:
*Full details and instructions on how the welcome bonus works are available on our Betfair free bet page.
A lot of different sports markets are covered by the Betfair No Cash Out Suspensions offer. An important factor is that this does apply to their Sportsbook and it is not part of their Exchange platform.
Note that not all available markets available for Cash Out within a sport at Betfair fall under the No Suspension promotion.
The details of the different sports that the bookmaker applies this promotion to can be found directly on their promotions page, and that is generally a good starting place to go for this. A link to the Betfair Sportsbook Promotions can be found across the top in their main navigation menu on their website.
It is worth doing this extra step to make sure that your preferred market is covered. The nice thing is that from say the Tennis No Cash Out Suspension promotional page, there is a link there from which you click straight through to the qualifying matches/markets.
The Betfair No Cash Out Suspensions offer can currently be found on football, golf, cricket and tennis. That of course means that different markets are covered within those sports, but all of them do have the coverage available on the Match Odds markets.
Just as a brief example of other market restrictions, the No Suspensions are for each-way or winner bets only on golf, and only match outrights on matches from select competitions in tennis and cricket.
When it comes to football, there is a broad reach in what tournaments are covered by the Cash Out promotional feature. Along with the match outright market, the over/under and other goal markets fall under this no suspension umbrella.
How To Use The Betfair No Cash Out Suspension?
As there are no bet requirements or no opt-in necessary, signing up for this offer is easy. Here are the key steps:
- Sign in to your Betfair account, or Sign up using the link – Sign up and bet £10 get £30 at Betfair! (18+, New customers only, T&C's apply)
- Visit the Betfair Sportsbook (offer is not available on the Exchange)
- Check the promotions page for qualifying sports and markets
- Click through from the promotion page to reach a market
- Add a qualifying selection to your bet slip
- Enter your stake and strike a bet
- While bet is active, access the Cash Out feature via the Cash Out page
Other Betfair Promotions:
Important Terms & Conditions
- Open new account here or use existing.
- Place a real-money bet on a qualifying Cash Out market
- The Cash Out tool will not be subject to suspensions
- Control your active bets via the Cash Out page in your account
That is almost the full picture of the Betfair No Cash Out Suspensions offer, but as with all bookmaker promotions, there are terms and conditions which apply.
- Only bets placed on the Betfair Sportsbook qualify
- No suspension only applies to qualifying markets
- Any bets struck over 200/1 odds will not be included
- Qualifying bets have to be placed with real money
- The settlement window after the event doesn’t fall under coverage for this promotion
- The different sports have different qualifying markets (check relevant promotional pages)
- New and existing customers qualify
- Technical issues are excluded
For full terms and conditions please visit the Betfair website.
Pay a visit to the Betfair sportsbook website for further details about this and the other promotions that they have, including their welcome bonus. Full details about Betfair as well as their customer support contact info can be found on our Betfair review page.
Pros & Cons of Betfair No Cash Out Suspensions
- The promotion applies to different sports and markets
- The offer allows to good control of active bets
- Nothing needs to be done to activate the offer
- Does not apply to all sports and markets
- A need to check promotional pages for what is covered
- There are exclusions such a tennis medical timeouts and technical issues
Betfair No Cash Out Suspensions FAQ
Why do bookmakers suspend cash out?
Bookmakers suspend cash out during sporting fixtures because they need a chance to re-calculate the odds being offered or because a major event changing moment is about to occur such as a penalty or red card in a football match. After the event new odds will be listed and cash out unsuspended. This can also happen at the very end of events which is very frustrating if you’re trying to cash out but can’t.
How does cash out work?
Cash out works by taking the in-play odds on a certain event happening and hedging the bet you made pre-event using those odds. This guarantees you a profit no matter what the result of the game but obviously you need favourable in-play odds to do this. If the team you backed to win is 0-2 down then the cash out will always be at a loss, if their 2-0 up you’ll be able to bank a solid profit because your bet looks like it’ll finish a winner.