William Hill Fair Play
The William Hill Fair Play horse racing offer has a couple of features to it. They are designed to soften the blow a little for punters when selections let them down under certain circumstances.
The first part of the William Hill Fair Play is the bookie declaring a selection as a non-runner, therefore giving a stake refund if your horse refuses to run.
The second part is their First Past The Post coverage. This pays out on both the declared winner and the horse that’s first past the post, should the latter be stripped of the win in the Stewards’ Room.
We will be looking at both items of the William Hill Fair Play coverage, to help punters understand what these are all about.
What Is The William Hill Fair Play Offer?
The first thing that’s important to understand about the William Hill Fair Play offer is what it’s not. While it provides coverage for horses that don’t give the punter a fair chance of winning, it doesn’t cover your horse just losing a race because it was beaten fairly, or was just running below-par.
The William Hill Fair Play will make your selection a non-runner if it refuses at the start of a race, or stays in the stalls and refuses to run. Other potential factors could trigger the offer but at the discretion of the operator (such as a jockey missing a weigh-in).
For the first past the post part, this provides a winning payout if your selection crosses the winning line first, but then has the win taken away because of a disqualification following a Stewards’ inquiry. In that instance, a new winner would be declared for the official result. William Hill pays on both the horse that gets past the post first, as well as the declared official winner.
This offer can be taken up by new customers as well as existing William Hill customers. There is a William Hill sign up bonus that is available for customers who are registering for an account.
Get set up with a William Hill account using the button below:
*Full details and instructions on how the welcome bonus works are available on our William Hill free bet page.
The main factor that triggers a refund in the William Hill Fair Play offer is when your horse refuses to run. If the selection doesn’t even make an effort then your bet is not given a fair chance of having a run for its money, so William Hill calls that an “injustice”.
In such an instance, William Hill will set the status of that selection to a non-runner, which means that you get the stake refunded in full as cash. That applies to only the “Win” market from any UK and Irish Horse racing event.
If a horse that is in a multiple bet refuses then it will be declared a non-runner by the operator and WH non-runner rules will apply to the set terms and conditions for that given bet type. If William Hill deems that there has been a different injustice, such as a jockey being unseated at the start or jockey failing to weigh in, they may trigger the Fair Play Offer.
For the First Past The Post horse racing offer, this applies to win singles, multiples and the win part of each way singles/multiples on the race winner market only. This too is for UK and Irish racing only.
With it, if your horse crosses the line first but is then disqualified through an adjusted result, you will be paid as the winner. The newly declared race winner in the official results will also be paid on as a winner.
There are exceptions such as in the Grand National, on ante post bets and forecast and tricast bets. The William Hill offer does not apply to placed horses that are subsequently demoted.
How To Use The William Hill Fair Play Offer?
The William Hill Fair Play horse racing offer is straightforward to sign up for and get into. Here’s what punters need to do:
- Sign into your William Hill account or Sign up using the link – Sign up and bet £10 get £30 in free bets at William Hill! (18+, New customers only, T&C's apply)
- No opt-in is required for the WH Fair Play offer
- Make a qualifying horse racing bet on the win market from UK and IRE racing
- Win singles and multiples apply
- Enter a stake in the bet slip
- Place the bet
- If the set circumstances arise, the promotion will be automatically triggered
Other William Hill Promotions:
- William Hill Lengthen Your Odds
- William Hill The Bonus Drop
- William Hill Pick Your Places
- William Hill Free Or 4
- William Hill Tennis In-Play Insurance
- William Hill Best Odds Guaranteed (Horses & Greyhounds)
- William Hill Double Your Odds
- William Hill Bet Boosts (3 Per Day)
Important Terms & Conditions
- Open new account here or use existing.
- Look for your UK and IRE horse racing selection
- Place win single or multiple
- Qualifying bets are automatically covered by the WH Fair Play offer
We have laid out the main features of how this horse racing offer at William Hill works, which should give you a fair idea of what is covered with it. But, as always with betting bonuses, there are T&Cs.
- Horse racing selections will be declared a non-runner for refusing to race
- Other circumstances that William Hill deem an “injustice” may qualify at their discretion
- First Past The Post and Official Result winners are paid as a win
- Only the “win” market for UK & IRE horse racing apply for the offer
- Cashed in bets won’t qualify for the promotion
- Any settled single bets will be refunded as cash
- A multiple bet that has a selection declared a non-runner will be subject to William Hill’s non-runner rules
- Placed horses that get demoted do not qualify for the First Past The Post offer
- The race result has to be amended before the weigh-in for the First Past The Post offer to be activated.
For full terms and conditions please visit the William Hill website.
William Hill runs a lot of different promotions and more details about them can be found through William Hill review page. Find the operator’s contact details along with reviews of their key features.
Pros & Cons of William Hill Fair Play
- The promotion offers automatic coverage
- Full cash refund for a horse refusing to race
- Offer applies to all UK and Irish racing
- Still get paid as a winner if your horse is disqualified after winning a race
- Some aspects of the Fair Play left to Wiliam Hill’s discretion
- Restrictions apply for things such as Grand National and ante post stakes
- Tote bets are not covered
William Hill Fair Play FAQ
Do William Hill do non runner no bet?
William Hill’s Fair Play horse racing offer covers horses that don’t run and means that if you place a bet and your horse is a non runner in the race you’ll get your stake refunded – which is exactly what it says on the tin: fair play! This offer also included horses which stay in the stalls or refuse to run.
Do William Hill do first past the post?
William Hill are one of a number of bookmakers who now offer payouts on first past the post. Their Fair Play promotion means that if your horse finish the race in first position you’ll get paid out as a winning bet even if the stewards adjust the eventual race winner.