William Hill Pick Your Places
As the name of this William Hill offer suggests, customers can pick the number of places that are in play for a given horse race. This is through the William Hill Pick Your Places horse racing feature, which is available on all horse racing in the UK & Ireland.
It basically allows you to pick how many places you want on a horse race, which goes against the standard advertised place terms on a race.
We look over this William Hill horse racing promo to help customers understand how it works and how to place Pick Your Places bets.
What Is The William Hill Pick Your Places Offer?
This horse racing feature from William Hill allows a punter to add a little customisation to their betting. Instead of just taking whatever the standard place terms are for a race, alternative options are raised in this special market.
A simple example is that instead of an advertised 4 Places for a race, you could take 5 places, extending the coverage of the place part of an each-way racing bet.
All of the William Hill Pick Your Places markets are open at 10 am every day and the offer applies to all UK & Irish racing.
A William Hill account is the only thing that is needed to enjoy this promotional offer. New customers are eligible to jump straight in with Pick Your Places, but it’s also worth noting that the bookmaker does have a separate welcome bonus that’s worth exploring when registering.
Get set up with a William Hill account using the button below:
*Full details and instructions on how the welcome bonus works are available on our William Hill free bet page.
The William Hill Pick Your Places offer is straightforward. Go to the racecard for any race from the UK or Ireland from 10 am onwards each day and you can access the promotional market for that race.
Once you have clicked through to a racecard, then the second tab listed is the Pick Your Places markets. Click on that and you can see the options that are available to you.
From there you can pick the horse that you want to back in the race. Displayed will be an odds comparison of the straight win odds for that selection against the regular e/w terms odds and the Pick Your Places e/w way terms.
Here is an example of the type of odds options that you could see in a Pick Your Places market for a single horse:
- Win @ 5/2
- EW 4 Places 1/5 odds @ 2/1
- EW 5 Places 1/5 odds @ 13/8
If the 5 Places option was taken as your Pick Your Places selection, then there is a small sacrifice in odds for that extra bit of coverage on the Place part of the each-way bet, compared to the standard 4 Places.
Note that when a Pick Your Places bet is placed, the e/w option in the bet slip will be conveniently greyed out, so that you don’t accidentally go and place a WIN bet by mistake. All bets on the Pick Your Places market are for singles, multiples do not count
For full information, the standard William Hill Place terms for horse racing betting are:
- Less than five runners = no places
- Five-seven runners = two places
- 8 to 15 runners = three places
- Handicaps of 16-plus runners = four places
How To Use The William Hill Pick Your Places Offer?
This is all very straightforward. There’s not really any hoops to jump through, because all that is needed to get involved is to just call up the market within a race card. Here’s a breakdown of how the William Hill Pick Your Places offer works:
- Sign into your William Hill account or use the link to sign up – Sign up and bet £10 get £30 in free bets at William Hill! (18+, New customers only, T&C's apply)
- Pick the horse race of your choice (UK & Irish racing only)
- Browse through to the second tab within the racecard (Pick Your Places)
- Make your odds selection for your horse from there
- The selection will be added to your bet slip at your selected e/w terms
- Enter your stake into the slip
- Click the ‘Bet Now’ Button
Other William Hill Promotions:
- William Hill Fair Play
- William Hill Lengthen Your Odds
- William Hill The Bonus Drop
- William Hill Free Or 4
- William Hill Tennis In-Play Insurance
- William Hill Best Odds Guaranteed (Horses & Greyhounds)
- William Hill Double Your Odds
- William Hill Bet Boosts (3 Per Day)
Important Terms & Conditions
- Open new account here or use existing.
- Click on the Pick Your Places tab within a horse race
- Make your odds selection at which Place terms that you want
- Strike your bet at those set terms
The above details give a good idea about what the William Hill Pick Your Places horse racing offer is and how it all works. Note that there are some terms and conditions attached to the promotion and here are the key ones:
- Pick Your Places is available from 10 am on the race day
- Only UK & Irish races have the promotional market available
- Only straight single bets qualify for the offer
- Best Odds Guaranteed, Money Back 2nd, Cash In My Bet or any enhanced place offers are excluded
- Rule 4 deductions will apply to any races if there are non-runners
- Pick Your Place terms (number of places and/or Place fraction) will change in the case of non-runners
- Dead heat rules apply to any Pick Your Places bets
- The market will be voided if the number of runners in the race drops below or equal to the number of places in the Pick Your Places bet.
For full terms and conditions please visit the William Hill website.
If you want to explore further features of William Hill then take a look at our William Hill review page for the operator. In the review, we look at their mobile platform, their odds and markets, the site security and also detail their contact information if you have any further queries to direct to them.
Pros & Cons of William Hill Pick Your Places
- Available on all UK & Irish Racing
- No minimum odds needed
- Clear odds comparison for Place terms against a straight win price
- Single bets only
- Only available from 10 am on the day of the race
- Accepted terms likely to change because of non-runners
William Hill Pick Your Places FAQ
How many places are paid on each way bets?
Different bookmakers pay a different number of places on each way bets but as standard each way bets are paid as follows: no places for less than five runners, two places for 5-7 runners, three places for 8-15 runners and four places for 16+ runners.