Review of Stan James / Unibet
What does this mean? Well essentially it means that Stan James has been moved over to Unibet… it’s actually a positive for punters as Unibet rank as better bookmaker and Stan James was starting to become very outdated.
Check out our Unibet review for the low down on what’s on offer to punters.
01. Licensing & Safety
02. Deposits & Withdrawals
03. Markets & Odds
05. Welcome Bonus (£40 + £10 offer)
06. Overall Review
07. User Reviews
Total Results 58 / 70
Licensing & Safety
- Fully licensed
- Fully regulated
- Merged with Unibet
- Our safest rating
Given Stan James no longer exist as a stand alone brand they now operate under the Unibet license.
Unibet are based in Gibraltar and as such they are licensed by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. They also hold a UK license meaning they can service England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Basically this means that they can be trusted to provide a gambling experience that is both safe and secure.
The rules laid down in their licensing agreement mean that Stan James must:
- Ensure that all activities carried out on their site are transparent and fair to all involved.
- Make sure that anyone suffering from a gambling related problem while using their website has access to information about how to combat the problem.
- Ensure that anyone under the legal gambling age is unable to bet on the site until they are old enough to do so.
Deposits & Withdrawals
- Deposit money quickly
- Same day payouts with PayPal
- Free transactions
- Trusted to pay out
|Visa/Visa Debit||£0||Instant||£5 – £10,000|
|Mastercard||£0||Instant||£5 – £10,000|
|Maestro||£0||Instant||£5 – £10,000|
|PayPal||£0||Instant||£10 – £10,000|
|Skrill||£0||Instant||£5 – £5,000|
|Paysafecard||£0||Instant||£5 – £800|
|Bank Transfer||£0||3-5 days||no min – no max|
Markets & Odds
- 35+ sports
- 200+ markets per event
- Popular for football
- Live streaming available
Stan James were very well known throughout the UK, both as an online bookmaker and as a high street bookmaker. This means that they had built up a loyal customer base over the last decade and as such they managed to offer a large range of different markets in order to keep everyone happy.
Since their merger with Unibet that’s unchanged and the following markets are available:
- American Football
- Aussie Rules
- Horse Racing
- Ice Hockey
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Water Polo
- Winter Olympics
- Winter Sports
- WWE & Wrestling
As can clearly be seen, the selection of sports offered by Stan James / Unibet is larger than the majority of other online bookmakers, and given their not one of the biggest players in the industry this is definitely something that helps them score high in our reviews section.
In fact when you compare the sports on offer and the number of bets per event at Stan James / Unibet to someone like Betfred, who have a bigger market share and reputation, Unibet put them to shame.
- 50+ markets per event in-play
- Cash out your bets
- In game stats & scores
- Bet & watch service
It used to be that the in-play betting section at Stan James really let the site down. Stats and graphics during matches we minimal at best and whilst live streaming was offered the selection of events was poor.
That’s all changed now Stan James has merged with Unibet!
To get to the live betting section at Unibet simply click the “In-Play” tab on the top which will bring up all of the events currently happening, as well as all future events as well, so that you can easily navigate to the one that you have an interest in.
Here you’ll be presented with a long list of all the events you can currently bet live, it’s extensive, and anything with a uTV logo listed next to it means that live streaming is available.
At Unibet live streaming is extensive. Multiple sports are included and to watch you must meet one of the follow conditions…
- Horse Racing – you must have a bet on the race you want to watch to the value of at least £1, this includes 50p e/w bets.
- Other Sports – to watch all other lives streams at Unibet all you need is a funded betting account with the company or to have had money in that account within the last 24 hours.
It’s a great selection overall and requirements to watch live streams are minimal.
- £40 sports bonus
- £10 casino bonus
- Money back if first bet loses
- 3x sports & 25x casino wagering
Stan James have recently merged with Unibet and the old Stan James free bet deal is no longer available.
It’s been replaced by the Unibet welcome offer which offers a £40 + £10 bonus for any new customer. We’ve always preferred Unibet over Stan James so we see the merger as a huge positive for punters.
If you fancy giving Unibet a go and claiming the sign up deal then just follow the detailed step by step guide below:
- The first thing you need to do is open a Unibet account. This only takes a couple of minutes but will require some personal details.
- Click here to go to Unibet and register an account!
- Once your account is open use your preferred deposit method to fund it with £40.
- Go ahead and place a £40 bet on any market. If that bet wins you’ll get paid out as you normally would but if it loses you’ll get a free bet of £40 to try again with.
- You’ll also get £10 of casino credit added to your account to play with.
Withdrawing: the sports bonus has a wagering requirement of 3x bonus amount at min odds 1.40, the casino bonus has a wagering requirement of 25x before withdrawal.
Every time we do a site review we grade the online bookmaker with a rating which goes from 0-5 stars.
Previously we used to rate Stan James as a 3.5 star bookmaker, however, we rate Unibet as a 4 star bookmaker and since Stan James has been merged with Unibet they’ve been upgraded.
This 4 star rating means they are a solid online bookmaker but they lack the features, bonuses and promotions to be graded any higher.
Unibet tick a lot of boxes when it comes to the range of sports they cover and the number of markets available per event. Their live streaming service is again decent but lacks the depth of the likes of Bet365 – it’s still much better than most though.
For Unibet / Stan James to score any higher with us their going to have to do something about their welcome offer. We don’t like the wagering requirements (3x and 25x) and we don’t like the fact that if your first bet is a winner you get no benefit from the bonus.
All in all Unibet / Stan James are a solid online bookmaker who will look after your funds and provide a safe environment for you to bet sports online.