Review of Tote.co.uk
We’ve reviewed a lot of betting sites over the last few years. Our Tote review, though, is pretty unique. We’ll get into the ins and outs as the review progresses, but first I’d like to share some personal insights.
As a regular racegoer, I’m pretty familiar with betting on the Tote. It can make for a nice change from your traditional fixed odds betting. As such, I was pretty excited to try the dedicated Tote betting platform at Tote.co.uk.
If what you’re looking for is Tote betting from the comfort of your home – or anywhere else away from a racecourse – the site has got you covered. It’s nice and easy to place all of the traditional types of Tote wagers and to check on the day’s racing results. Note though that ONLY Tote bets are available on the site.
The Tote.co.uk welcome bonus is definitely on the small side as well. A £10 risk free bet isn’t all that generous plus when you couple that with limited betting types and very limited banking options you’ve got a very middle of the road type platform.
Pros & Cons of Tote
- No.1 place for Tote style bets.
- Small but easy welcome offer.
- Simple site to use.
- Only allows Tote betting.
- Horse racing & football only.
- No app for Android phones.
- No in-play betting.
- No live streaming.
Tote Licensing & Safety
Is Tote Safe?
- UKGC licence to serve punters in Britain
- Tote is the trading name of parent company, TDCO Limited
- Company registered & based in England
- Affiliated with GamCare & GamStop
The name ‘Tote’ has been associated with the betting industry for almost as long as there’s been a betting industry. Today, Tote.co.uk is a platform for people who wish to take part in traditional Tote horse racing betting, online.
Tote.co.uk is the trading name of a parent company called TDCO Limited. TDCO Limited were established in 2018 by a commercial group now known as the UK Tote Group. It’s that group who are the ultimate stewards of Tote betting, since taking over from Betfred in 2018.
TDCO Limited is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission to serve punters in Great Britain. At time of writing, however, Tote.co.uk is not available to any gamblers in Ireland or elsewhere. It is possible that this may change in the coming months.
Given that TDCO Limited is fully licensed with the UKGC, punters can use Tote.co.uk with confidence. The platform is held to the same standards as other betting providers on the market. The UKGC expects Tote.co.uk to operate fairly and to honour all wagers that it accepts.
Deposits & Withdrawals at Tote
Will I get paid?
- Only currently accept Visa or Mastercard deposits
- All deposits are instant
- Withdrawals take between 24 & 72 hours
- No charges attached to deposits or withdrawals
£5 – no max
£5 – no max
How To Deposit To Tote.co.uk
It is relatively easy to deposit cash at Tote.co.uk, although the payment methods available to you are considerably fewer than on other sites.
The first thing you need to do is sign up and when you are a member, log into your account.
Once you have logged in click on the add funds button.
You can then use either a Visa or Mastercard debit card or Visa Electron card to make your deposit. Simply enter the details and click the green Pay button to confirm the deposit.
The fund should then be in your account instantly.
Please note that once you deposit up to £750 into your account the site will ask you to complete the verification process if you have not already done so.
How To Withdraw From Tote.co.uk
To make a withdrawal from Tote.co.uk, simply click on the View Account button and a drop down list will appear. In the Wallet section, there is an option to Withdraw cash from your account. Click on this.
State how much you would like to withdraw from your account and click the red Withdraw button.
Your withdrawal will then be made back to the deposit method you used to deposit into your Tote account.
How Long Does It Take To Withdraw At Tote.co.uk?
All withdrawals at Tote take between 3 and 5 days to be completed.
Customer Service at Tote
What’s customer support like?
- Live chat support available
- UK & non-uk phone number
- Email support
Customer support services at Tote are pretty good and one of the best set ups available to customers. There are a number of ways you can contact customer support including:
- Live chat on website/app
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK Phone Number: 0800 032 8188
- Non-UK Phone Number: +44 1942 314045
- Postal Address: Customer Care, Waterside House, Waterside Drive, Wigan, WN3 5AZ.
Customer support is available between 8am and 12pm UK time, seven days a week, which is impressive and given the number of options available we’d hsve to say that Tote reviews well vs it’s competitors in this categoy.
Review of Tote Website
Is Tote easy to use?
- No app for Android
- iOS app available
- Simple to use website
Tote.co.uk Mobile Review
Tote does offer a mobile app, but at the moment, it is only linked to the horse racing betting section of the site and is only available on iOS devices. Android customers need to use the website in order to access their account.
You can place placepot, quadpot, jackpot, scoop 6 bets on the app, but you cannot access the soccer betting options that you can find on the desktop. This is a little frustrating if you like to have all betting options available to you on your mobile.
Android users, and those on iOS who prefer to use a browser-based service, will find soccer betting available on their mobile and as such, the app service is a little disappointing in this respect.
Tote.co.uk Desktop Review
Tote’s desktop site is nice and easy to follow and this is helped undoubtedly by the rather slim choice of bets you can make with the Tote.
What is good about the site is that it is fast, easy to follow (even if you have never bet on the tote before) and pretty much leads you by the hand as to how to place bets on the site.
Promotions are somewhat limited, but given the nature of Tote betting, that is understandable and the same is true of other features you may find on sports betting sites, such a cashing out bets etc.
Essentially, if you want to Tote bet, then Tote.co.uk has everything you need. If you prefer standard betting sites, then check somewhere else.
How To Join Tote
It is very easy to join Tote.co.uk and I do like the way that they have set up registering with them.
- Head to the Tote.co.uk website or app and click on the Join button.
- Answer the series of questions starting with your first and last name and date of birth.
- Then enter your address and phone number and email address.
- Select a Username and Password for your account.
- Then select your marketing option.
- Check the box to confirm you have read and accept Tote’s terms and conditions, rules and policies.
After this, your registration will be processed and you will then become a member of the site.
Markets & Odds at Tote
What sports can you bet on at Tote.co.uk?
- Singles, Exactas & Trifectas available for most races
- Placepot, Quadpot & Jackpot multi-leg bets
- Covers all UK races
Tote.co.uk is very different to most of the betting sites we review.
It’s not a sportsbook, as it doesn’t offer any fixed odds betting. Instead, it’s the new online platform for betting on the Tote.
The Tote is a traditional way of betting on horse racing. As such, there are no other sports covered at Tote.co.uk.
What bets can you place?
The bets you can place through the site are also a little different.
For each race, you have a choice of three or four different kinds of wagers. The simplest are ‘Totewin’ or ‘Toteplace’ bets. These are single wagers on a horse to either win or to place in the chosen race.
You can also place an Exacta or a Trifecta on any race with three or more runners. An Exacta is a bet on the first two finishers in the race. A Trifecta is a wager on the first three horses in your chosen race.
You can either bet on the horses to finish in a specific order or you can bet on them to finish in any order. The latter option is similar to a traditional each-way bet. Your stake is split between all of the different potential finishing orders.
What about the Tote jackpots?
As well as those single bet options, you can place Placepot, Quadpot, and Jackpot wagers via Tote.co.uk. These are bets that cover multiple races. The Placepot and the Jackpot always encompasses six legs. The Quadpot includes just four races. To win a Placepot or Quadpot wager, your selection from each leg must place in the race. To win the Jackpot, all your selections must win their races.
Whichever bets you place through Tote.co.uk, you never get standard odds. Tote.co.uk is not a fixed odds bookmaker. Instead, if you place a winning wager you get a share of the ‘Totepool’ for the race or meeting in question. What you’ll win for a £1 bet is displayed on-site for each single bet option. You can also see the size of the Totepool for any available multi-leg bets.
In-Play Betting Review At Tote
Is live betting offered at Tote?
- There’s no such thing as in-play betting on the Tote
- No cash out
- No streaming
- Daily results service offered
If you’ve been paying attention, you’ll understand why there’s no live betting at Tote.co.uk. You never have and never will be able to bet in-play on the Tote. That’s just not what Tote betting is about. In all fairness, you can only bet in-play on racing through the exchanges anyway.
If live betting is essential to you then check out Bet365 instead.
What may be more off-putting for some punters about Tote.co.uk, though, is that its form of betting is also not set up for cash out. Once you’ve placed a bet, your stake goes towards the prize pool for winning wagers for your chosen race or meeting. Cashing out, therefore, is not viable with that in mind.
Perhaps unsurprisingly as an online platform for a very traditional betting style, Tote.co.uk keeps things simple. There are no live streams of races and you can only bet on races from the current day. You can also only access results from the same day’s completed races.
New customer offer
As we draw to the close of this Tote.co.uk review it’s worth taking a look at the welcome offer available to new Tote customers. If you sign up for a new Tote.co.uk account, you get a risk free first bet up to a maximum of £10. It could hardly be simpler to participate in the promotion:
New Customer Offers at Tote
- Head to Tote.co.uk and register your new account.
- Deposit a minimum of £1 to that account.
- Choose the type of bet you want to place, and the race or meeting you want to place it on.
- Add your chosen selection(s) to your bet slip.
- Input your desired stake and place your wager.
- If your bet loses, you’ll get your stake refunded to your account as cash, up to a maximum of £10.
Whilst it’s easy and simple to claim… this bonus is very small and when compared to other bookmaker offers it’s definitely below par.
How To Use The Tote Bonus
It is only a small bonus at Tote.co.uk of a £10 risk free bet and the good news is that accessing it is very simple.
- Log in after opening your new account with Tote.
- Make your selections for your first bet by adding them to your bet slip for one of the meetings of that day. You can also make your first bet on the Football section if you prefer.
- Place your bet.
- When your bet settles, if your bet is not a winner, then Tote.co.uk refund your stake up to a maximum of £10 (paid in cash).
- Your bet is refunded as cash so you can withdraw it if you wish to, or you can use it to place another bet.
Our Verdict of Tote.co.uk
It’s a little tricky to review Tote.co.uk as compared to other betting sites. What this site provides is a very different kind of gambling experience. Some of the key things to keep in mind if you’re thinking of betting at Tote.co.uk are as follows:
- The site only offers Tote betting on UK horse racing, and does not provide fixed odds betting. You can place single win or place bets, Exactas, and Trifectas on individual races. You can also make Placepot, Quadpot, and Jackpot multi-leg wagers.
- Given the focus on horse racing and the fact that it’s a Tote betting platform, there’s no live streaming or cash out on Tote.co.uk.
- At time of writing, you can only fund your Tote account via Visa or Mastercard payments. All deposits, though, are instant and there are no deposit or withdrawal charges.
- The Tote.co.uk welcome bonus is far from the most generous around, but is available to all new punters and has no restrictive terms and conditions or wagering requirements.
If you do like the idea of some traditional Tote betting online, Tote.co.uk is the place to be but for most punters that won’t be enough and they’d be better off somewhere else… which is pretty obvious when you see the overall Tote review score is only 43 out of a possible 80 points.
How To Contact Tote?
There are a number of ways to contact Tote.co.uk which is reassuring for customers. The Customer Care team is available between 8am and 12pm on 7 days a week via live chat on the website, Email support is via email@example.com, the UK support number is 0800 032 8188, from outside the UK call +44 1942 314045 or get in touch via post: Customer Care, Waterside House, Waterside Drive, Wigan, WN3 5AZ.
How To Close Your Tote Account?
You can close your Tote account by contacting the customer support team and requesting a standard account closure. This closes your account, but you can reopen it in future by contacting customer services once again. The site also offers the opportunity to self-exclude yourself from the site from between 6 months and 5 years using its Responsible Gambling tools in your account menu.