There are two main forms of the Rugby code played in the UK today professionally – both have been taken into consideration when coming up with the best betting sites listed on this page.
We have Rugby Union, the 15-man version of the game that features a strong club game at domestic and European level, and of course the International game, of which the World Cup and Six Nations are big betting events.
There’s also Rugby League too, the 13-man variant which has its own international programme and a thriving Super League scene in the UK and Europe. Not to mention the exciting Challenge Cup.
Regardless of which format you’re betting on below we’ve got some key features to look out for and our list of the best bookmakers for Rugby betting online.
On This Page
Rugby Punters Look Out For…
- Extra Time Extra Chance – One of the best offers for Rugby punters is the Extra Time Extra Chance offer that is available on Rugby Legaue or Rugby Union bets with our top sites. This offer means that if your bet has not been settled at the end of normal time, then it will remain active in extra time and will be finalised upon the end result of the game. You want this offer to be available across as many different Rugby tournaments as possible too.Gre
- Promo Frequency – Every year there are some big events held in the Rugby calendar, such as the Six Nations and Heineken Cup Final in Rugby Union or the Challenge Cup Final in Rugby Union. A good quality site for Rugby betting will either continue to offer promotions for these events, or will offer specific promotions for them to entice punters to have a bet.
- Cash Out – Rugby is a game that can turn in an instant and a team can go from a winning position, to holding on to victory or even losing a game based on that change in momentum. As such, if you can see your bet is heading south, the option to cash out your bet and at least preserve some of your stake and/or winnings is always a good option.
- Welcome Bonus – Rugby offers are available but in truth they tend to be very much event specific and finding them at other times of the year for more run of the mill fixtures can be tricky. As such, a site that offers a very good welcome bonus, not just in terms of the amount you can earn, but also in how easy it is to access your bonus funds, is always a very big positive for rugby punters.
- Review Rating – There is a healthy betting market for Rugby punters in the UK, but the chances are if you enjoy a bet on Rugby Union or Rugby League, that you are also going to enjoy betting on other sports too. Finding a sports betting service that can offer you equally good betting options across a wide range of other sports as possible is always a smart move so checking our review rating for the site is an easy way to do this.
Best Betting sites For Rugby: Compared
- Extra Time Extra Chance.
- Great for in-play & cash out.
- The biggest possible welcome offer.
- 5 out of 5 overall review score.
- Best odds on both Rugby formats.
- Top marks in their review rating.
- Sizeable bonus for small deposit.
- Cash out & in-play betting.
- Rugby promo’s during big events/tournaments.
- Weekly free bet club (£10).
- Compare odds when using as can be tight.
- 300% sign up bonus.
- Great reputation with UK punters.
- In-play, Cash Out & live scores.
- 400% bonus on just a £5 deposit.
- Great or beginners or small stakes.
- Wide range of Rugby League & Union markets.
- Sports & casino dual bonus.
- Request odds if not listed on site/app.
- Promo’s run during big tournaments.
- Virtual rugby betting available.
- Solid sign up offer (300%).
- Compare odds before you bet (can be low).
- Site/app need interface improvements
Latest Fixtures & Odds
Rugby Betting Reviews
As you would expect when it comes to one of the UK’s most popular sports, rugby union is well served by most major bookmakers. There are a handful of betting providers who stand head and shoulders above the others, however, and we’ve shortlisted our top three in order to point you in the right direction.
#1 For Rugby – Betvictor
A betting site which always appears within or gets close to our top three countdowns, Betvictor’s website is one of the most user-friendly and intuitive around, and when it comes to rugby (union & leguae), they also offer one of the widest ranges of available events and markets.
Domestic leagues and cups from all of the main rugby union playing nations are regularly priced up, as are international matches, tours and major competitions like the six nations and the world cup. In fact, at any given moment you are likely to find upwards of ten competitions from the ensuing months and years boasting outright markets within Betvictor’s website’s rugby section.
The range of markets offered for each match through Betvictor is more than impressive enough for most punters. The bookmaker, after all, routinely offer at least match result, handicap and total points markets for each and every match that they price up.Bet £5 get £30 at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Rugby – Paddy Power
Given Ireland’s proud rugby union history and current rugby union excellence it should come as no surprise that the country’s premier bookmaker, Paddy Power, provides an excellent rugby betting option for fans of the sport.
Just like Betvictor, the bookmaker price up tournaments and matches at both international and domestic level, including from countries all around the world as well as Irish and British leagues and cups. In fact, the range of outright competition winner and other markets offered by Paddy Power for ongoing and upcoming tournaments is absolutely second to none.
The array of markets offered for individual matches, too, is very impressive and a good deal of those markets are taken in-play after kick-off. Some of the biggest matches each week from around the world, what’s more, benefit from live streams available to Paddy Power customers to round out the bookmaker’s excellent all-round rugby betting offering.Click here to join Paddy Power!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Rugby – Coral
A bookmaker which excels in covering all manner of different sports, rugby fans cannot go wrong by opting to place their bets with Coral.
Whatever rugby related wager it is that you’re looking for, we’ll virtually guarantee Coral are offering it. The dedicated rugby section of their website includes betting alternatives for both international and domestic rugby and covers as wide an array of cups, tournaments and competitions as you will find anywhere.
Outright markets are routinely available for all upcoming international and domestic competitions and each individual match which is catered for typically boasts a great selection of markets. Those markets include handicap options, winning margin alternatives and potential total points wagers, and can typically number more than 30, 40 or even 50 for the biggest matches.
Lots of those available markets, too, are taken in-play by Coral where they can be bet on within the bookmaker’s excellent in-play interface. That interface always includes handy live scoring and, for a fair handful of matches each week, also features a link to Coral’s live stream of the game, which can be watched by anyone with a funded betting account (geo restrictions apply).Sign up & bet £5 get £20 in free bets at Coral!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Bet Type FAQ: Rugby
As part of our brief reviews of the top bookmakers for Rugby, we’ve mentioned a number of different types of markets. If, whilst you were reading through those reviews, you found yourself wondering exactly what those markets were, you need not fear. That’s because we’re now going to define and explain five of the most common types of rugby bets.
Match Result – A market which will be available for any and every match offered as an option by an online bookmaker, the match result market involves simply betting on the ultimate result of the match. Depending on the competition, either the two sides involved or the two side and a draw option will be available and, where it is available, the draw will generally offer the longest odds.
Handicap – For many matches which they price up, bookmakers will also run a handicap market. Handicap bets are essentially wagers on a team to exceed the expectations set for them by a bookmakers at the outset of the match. Teams will be given a handicap value of either minus or plus a certain number of points, and winning handicap bet are those on teams who beat that given spread.
Winning Margin – Typically markets which offer a whole range of different alternatives, winning margin bets ask punters to predict by how far a particular team will win a match. The available alternatives, therefore, will usually be a given team and a range of points by which they might win. For example, England by 1-12 points might be an available alternative for a six nations clash.
Double Result – As their name suggests, double result bets are wagers that ask punters to predict two rather than just one outcome. Those outcomes are the result at half time or a match and the result and full time, and the bets only payout when both predictions are correct.
First Try Scorer – Generally offered for only the biggest or highest profile of rugby union matches, first try scorer bets work exactly like first goalscorer wagers in football. That is that they pay out if and when a selected player scores the first try of a match.