In the UK we’ve had a few decent skiers, the Bell brothers for one, Chemmy Alcott for another, but the elite athletes in the sport remain based in the Alpine countries, Scandinavia and North America.
That doesn’t mean the sport isn’t ripe for betting on though and you’ll be pleased to know that there’s plenty of options out there.
We have gone through what the best features of a site are for people that enjoy betting on skiing and we have listed them below for you.
We’ve also created a list of what we think the best bookmaker are for skiing punters and why.
On This Page
Ski Punters Look Out For…
- Review Rating – You may enjoy a flutter on skiing, but the fact of the matter is that most people who enjoy a bet on skiing, will also want to bet on other sports that are likely to have more fixtures and markets available. Therefore a very good betting site with lots of great value odds across a range of sports and markets is key. To find out what is the best, simply check out our review rating for the site.
- Request Odds – Sometimes you won’t find the exact market you want for skiing so being able to request odds from your bookmaker can be helpful.
- Number of Markets – You won’t find too many Skiing betting markets in the height of the summer in the UK, but when the season is right for action, you want to be able to bet on as many races as possible. Look for a site that offers coverage of as many events in the FIS professional calendar as possible from all over the world.
- Market Depth – The best betting sites will offer bets on races from all different disciplines including Alpine Skiing (Downhill, Super-G, Slalom, Giant Slalom etc), Nordic Skiing and more. Not only that, but you want to be able to bet on as many different markets in each of those races as you can. This can include betting on winning margins in races, betting on someone to land a podium finish etc.
- Sign Up Offer – As we mentioned previously, finding any promotions on skiing betting is not an easy task as it is very much a niche market in the UK. As such, if you want to be able to use some bonus cash to bet with on skiing, then a good Sign Up Offer is always a good way to do this as most can be used across a wide range of sports.
- Rewards ClubsMa – Another good way to get some added bonus cash when you are betting on skiing is through a rewards club. Many good betting sites will enrol new customers in rewards clubs when they become a customer and allow them to earn free bets as they bet on the site.
Best Bookmakers For Skiing: Top 7
- Request odds via Twitter or email.
- Big sign up bonus for new players.
- Max review score.
- Most markets & solid market depth.
- Best prices across skiing markets.
- Lots of markets, odds & bets.
- Great bonus for just a £10 deposit.
- Request odds on unlisted markets.
- Daily bet boosts to increase odds.
- Bonus slightly above industry average.
- Get a price on anything you want.
- Solid review score.
- Weekly free bet club (£10).
- Welcome bonus smaller than average.
- Small deposit with big bonus.
- Skiing & winter sports betting available.
- Less markets than some of the bigger bookies.
- Sports & casino dual bonus.
- Request odds if not listed on site/app.
- More odds & markets required for skiing.
- Solid sign up offer (300%).
- Odds can be on the tight side.
- Some markets & depth but more needed
Skiing Odds: Jumps
No Odds to Display
Skiing Betting Reviews
Unfortunately for skiing fans, the sport isn’t one which many bookmakers pay a great of attention to. If you take the time to shop around, however, you can find betting sites which offer a really good skiing betting service. We’ve gone to the trouble of doing that research on your behalf, and have found that the following three sites are unquestionably the best for punters who want to have a cheeky flutter on any form of skiing event.
#1 For Skiing – Betvictor
Head to the Betvictor website and you will see that their selection of available sports is a wide and as varied as you will find anywhere. Amongst that selection is a dedicated section of the site for ‘winter sports’ and that section contains markets for alpine, biathlon and cross country skiing as a matter of course.
That already sets Betvictor apart from many online bookmakers but is barely scratching the surface when it comes to the impressiveness of their skiing betting service. For each variety of skiing, after all, Betvictor also cover a great array of different competitions and events including the Winter Olympics, World Cup events and others specific to each individual version of the sport.
For many events, too, Betvictor offer a handful of different markets rather than simply allowing punters to bet on the event winner. At time of writing, for example, the bookmaker are offering event winner, podium finish, match bet, and leader after the first leg markets for the 4 x 6km biathlon relay at next year’s Winter Olympics.Bet £10 get £40 in free bets at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Skiing – Paddy Power
Behind the brilliant skiing betting service offered by Betvictor it is somewhat slim pickings for fans of the sport who want to have a flutter. Paddy Power, however, offer a decent skiing betting service which is certainly better than that provided by many bookmakers.
Paddy Power’s website also has a dedicated ‘winter sports’ section and when you head to that page you will find that the bookmaker have also priced up alpine, biathlon and cross country skiing events around the world.
The number of different events for which betting options are provided, however, is more limited than you would find with Betvictor. For the most part, too, only outright or event winner markets are offered for each of the events that are priced up. It should be kept in mind, however, that plenty of top bookmakers don’t cater for skiing betting at all.Click here to join Paddy Power!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Skiing – 888Sport
A bookmaker not often associated with serving minority sports as well as major betting sports like horse racing or football, 888Sport’s skiing betting service is unquestionably deserving of a spot in our top three.
Just like Betvictor and Paddy Power, 888Sport have a dedicated winter sports section of their website, in which markets are offered for biathlon, alpine skiing and cross country skiing. Events across the three variations of the sport are regularly covered, with World Cup downhill and cross country FIS events being amongst the most commonly featured.
Unlike many other bookmakers, what’s more, 888Sports often provide more than just an outright winner market for skiing events. Many events, in fact, boast not only the outright market but also a variety of ‘Matchup’ markets, pitting one particular competitor directly against another.Bet £10 get £40 in bonuses at 888Sport!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Bet Type FAQ
It may well have become clear by now that there aren’t actually all that many available betting markets when it comes to gambling on skiing. Those bookmakers which do cover skiing reasonably well, however, do provide for at least a handful of different types of bet. In order to make sure that you get the most out of your own skiing betting, we will try to briefly explain each of those bet types below.
Event Winner and Outright Bets – Whether you’re talking about alpine skiing, biathlon or cross country events, the most commonly available markets are those involving betting on an individual competitor to win the event outright. The best bookmakers for skiing will typically price up every entrant in an event field.
Podium Finish – Similar to the above type of bet in that they are settled according to the ultimate result of the event in question, podium finish bets pay out if a selection finishes in the top three. As such, the odds available for each skier within this market will be shorter than in the outright winner market.
Match Bets or Matchup Markets – Typically referred to as either ‘match bets’ or ‘matchups’, these skiing betting markets involve singling out two particular competitors. Punters can then bet on which of the two they think will out-perform the other and regardless of how they do in relation to the rest of the field, if they do beat that one rival then the bet is a winner.
Top Nationality – Top nationality bets are popular on most Olympic sports and skiing is no different. Here you are basically betting on the participant who finishes highest out of all those competing from one specific country. So the market might be ‘Top Brit’ for example.