Speedway is probably most popular in the United Kingdom but the sport also has a decent following in Poland, Sweden and Denmark. Unsurprisingly most of the world champions in the sport have come from the UK which also has the biggest domestic scene.
In the UK, we’ve got the SGB Premiership, which crowns Champions each year and which also has relegation into the SGB Championship – events are often live on Sky Sports.
Any sport that gets shown live on TV attracts interest from punters and there’s no shortage of online bookmakers offing betting on Speedway.
If you want to get in on the action then we have first provided you a list of features a good speedway betting site should have and then followed that up with our own recommendations for the best betting sites for the sport.
On This Page
Speedway Punters Look Out For…
- Number of Markets – A good sports betting site for Speedway will offer more than just markets for the World Championships winner. Ideally, you would like to have betting on the different Speedway fixtures that take place across the UK (and also Europe, if possible). The more Speedway markets you have to pick from over the course of a typical season, the better.
- Market Depth – Hand in hand with the number of markets you have for Speedway betting, you also want each fixture to have a range of different markets, rather than just betting on the winner of each race. An each way option would be nice as would be the chance to predict the finishing order of the race. Accumulator betting across the different races in a meeting would be another good option.
- Review Rating – While you may enjoy betting on Speedway, the likelihood is that you also want to enjoy betting on at least one, if not a range of other sports too and in that case, you are going to need a site that offers an excellent service across the board. The quickest way to get a good idea of this is from our own Cheekypunter review rating for each site.
- Loyalty Offers – If you are a regular punter on Speedway or indeed any other sport on a site, then it would be nice to be rewarded for that loyalty. Some of the best sites will offer punters who remain on the site long term and who regularly bet with them, a number of incentives to remain loyal in the form of free bets, odds boosts and other similar promotional items. These are a great way to gain added benefits when Speedway betting.
- Request Odds – Sometimes a sportsbook may not have the exact market you want on a speedway race, but they may offer a service where they can offer you odds on the market you want if you request it. These request odds services are a real boon for punters who like to get creative with their betting.
Compare Speedway Bookmakers: Best Sites
- Most Speedway markets.
- Maximum review score possible.
- Biggest possible welcome offer.
- Request odds via Twitter or email.
- Best odds vs other top bookies.
- Maximum review score.
- Big bonus with only small deposit needed.
- Request odds if market not listed.
- Solid sign up offer (300%).
- Daily odds boost prices.
- Good for domestic Speedway betting.
- Top new bookmaker.
- Above average sign up offer.
- Trust reputation with UK punters.
- Dedicated Speedway betting section.
- Most promotions across all sports.
- Weekly free bet club (£10).
- Compare odds when using as can be tight.
- Best bonus for beginners.
- Speedway & virtual motor race betting.
- App is better than desktop website.
- Sports & casino dual bonus.
- Request odds if not listed on site/app.
- Lots of sport specific promotions.
- Real & virtual Speedway betting available.
Latest Speedway Odds
Speedway World Championship 2022
Speedway Betting Reviews
As we’ve already mentioned, it can be quite tricky to find a good speedway betting site at which to place your wagers on the high octane action. That’s why we’ve picked out what we believe to be the three very best options around, and put together a quick review of what each of them offer to fans of speedway betting.
1 For Speedway – Betvictor
Coming in at number one on our countdown of the best Speedway betting sites, Betvictor is a bookmaker which offers plentiful betting opportunities for fans of the high octane motor sport.
Top level meetings at both international level and in Britain are typically covered by Betvictor, and the bookmaker also offer ante-post markets for big events such as the European Championships and World Championships. For the parts of the year where real speedway doesn’t take place, too, Betvictor offer a speedway option as part of their virtual sports offering and run loads of virtual speedway races each day for punters to bet on.Bet £5 get £30 at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Speedway – 888Sport
The third and final of our shortlisted speedway betting sites, 888Sport is a bookmaker which speedway fans will find suits their needs perfectly well.
Unlike Betvictor, 888Sport doesn’t actually have a dedicated speedway section included as part of their website, but the sport is well catered for within their broader motorsports section. Big meetings and events on the international stage are regularly available for punters to bet on and top level action in Britain is also typically priced up.Bet £10 get £40 in bonuses at 888Sport!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Speedway – William Hill
Even the most dedicated of speedway fans will accept that the sport isn’t amongst the biggest or most popular in the UK but William Hill, as a bookmaker renowned for serving minority sports as well as any, still manage to deliver a great speedway betting service.
Encounters in the Speedway Great Britain Premiership (known as the Elite League until 2017) are regularly priced up by the bookmaker, and longer term outright markets for the Speedway European and World Championships are also provided. Unlike some bookmakers, too, William Hill also provide the opportunity for in-play betting on speedway to improve their overall service still further.Bet £10 get £30 free bet at Will Hill!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Speedway Bets FAQ
As may well have become apparent whilst reading through this page, speedway isn’t a sport that is particularly well catered for by online bookmakers in general. As such, even those sites which we have picked out as being the best bookmakers for Speedway don’t actually offer all that many different types of bets. In fact, there are only generally three types that you’re likely to find and we’ve explained these below.
Meeting Winner Outrights – Meeting winner bets are wagers where a punter puts money on the team or the individual rider they believe will claim overall victory in a given speedway meeting. Depending on the exact makeup of the meeting in question, that will generally be the team or rider which accrues the most points for their heat results over the course of the meeting.
Heat Winner Outrights – Each individual race of a speedway meeting is generally known as a heat, and heat winner bets are wagers where punters can bet on which rider they believe will hit the finish line first. Generally speaking, heat winner outright bets provide slightly shorter odds than meeting winner outright bets.
Meeting Handicap Bets – Working in the same way as handicap bets for other sports, in speedway this type of bet is typically available for Speedway Great Britain Premiership (Elite League) meetings. Each team is given a positive (for underdogs) or a negative (for favourites) points handicap value and a handicap wager is a bet that the favourite will win by more than that number of points or that an underdog will lose by less.
Season Champions – simply a bet on which team you think will win the championship come the end of the season. Can be bet at the start and throughout the season.