Whether it is beach volleyball at the Olympics, or the standard volleyball game played between two teams, volleyball betting is very much a niche market in the UK… which probably has something to do with the weather.
Although not a massive sport in the UK, volleyball is popular in several other countries around the world including Brazil, the United States, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia and China.
It is the Champions League and international competitions that provide most of the best options for volleyball betting at betting sites.
In order to find the best sites for betting on volleyball, we have listed some of the key features you should look for before signing up, and followed that up with our top picks and the reasons we chose those services.
On This Page
Volleyball Punters Look Out For…
- Live Streaming – If you are a volleyball punter and want to keep tabs on the action you can bet on, then the likelihood is that you are going to have to try and find these events via a Live Streaming service as they are rarely shown on TV. As such, a quality and extensive live streaming service is a must for volleyball punters.
- Number of Markets – A betting site is no use for Volleyball betting if it does not have betting available on the big fixtures and tournaments in the sport. As such, the best betting sites for volleyball will have a number of different markets available for the big events and matches throughout the year.
- Market Depth – When there is decent volleyball betting available, the best betting sites will offer a greater range of markets on events than their rivals. Look at the different markets available on a particular fixture, both in terms of the pre-match and outright markets in particular, but also don’t forget to check the In Play betting options too as this can be a useful source of additional volleyball betting with the best sites.
- Cash Out – Having control over when you can call time on your bets in a game like volleyball, where the game can ebb and flow, is always a plus point. As such, your ideal volleyball betting site would also have the cash out option available for you on as many bets as possible.
- New Player Offer – Volleyball betting is most definitely a more niche market in UK sports betting, and as such finding offers on this particular sport can be very tricky if not impossible at times. As such, if you want to enjoy some value volleyball betting, then a good quality new player offer is always the best option.
Best Bookmakers for Volleyball: Top 5
- Live streaming available.
- Most markets & bets on Volleyball.
- Cash out and bet in-play.
- Huge new player bet credits offer.
- Best odds compared vs other bookies.
- Volleyball markets & odds aplenty.
- Small deposit, big bonus.
- Request odds if market not listed.
- Bet boosts daily (can be used on Volleyball).
- Wide range of markets & odds.
- Easy to use betting app with live streaming.
- Live streaming.
- Weekly free bet club (£10).
- Odds can be smaller than other bookies.
- Best bonus for small deposits.
- Wide range of volleyball markets & odds.
- Some live streaming offered.
Volleyball Betting Reviews
If after looking at that table you’re a little shocked and surprised at just how many bookmakers do offer a comprehensive volleyball betting service, you’re not alone. We, too, were a little taken aback but after that initial surprise we knuckled down and got to comparing the volleyball offerings of all of the top bookmakers.
By doing so, we were able to identify what we think are the top three volleyball betting sites and have created mini reviews of each of them below.
#1 For Volleyball – Bet365
Boasting its very own dedicated section of the Bet365 website, volleyball is one of a number of minority sports that the bookmaker cover extraordinarily well. In fact, if you do head to the volleyball area of the Bet365 site, you’re likely to be knocked sideways by the sheer number of volleyball events and competitions that are catered for.
Bet365, after all, price up matches and outright markets for competitions from each and every corner of the globe, including the African Nations Championships, the Korea KOVO men’s and women’s leagues and the Poland Plus Liga, to name just three.
Volleyball matches which are available to bet on through Bet365, what’s more, will almost always boast match result, handicap and total points markets, and can sometimes feature a number of additional bet options too. Many such markets will be offered in-play after a given match has already got underway, and an impressive selection of volleyball matches are also streamed live on the Bet365 website.Open an account at Bet365!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Volleyball – William Hill
Coming a close second to Bet365, when it comes to the service they offer to fans of volleyball betting, William Hill also provide an absolutely outstanding volleyball betting offering.
Just like Bet365, the bookmaker cover a great array of different competitions from all over the world and have a dedicated volleyball section of their website which is always chock full of different events and tournaments to bet on.
Matches which are offered as betting options, what’s more, also typically benefit from a good selection of available markets but one which perhaps is a little more limited than that provided by Bet365. A good array of the markets which are provided, however, are taken in-play by William Hill and benefit from the bookmaker’s excellent in-play interface.
What a good number of volleyball matches each week also benefit from through William Hill, is live streaming via the bookmaker’s William Hill TV Service. Volleyball is in fact one of the best served sports for such live streaming, with a great range of matches available to view live every week.Bet £10 get £30 free bet at Will Hill!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Volleyball – Betvictor
Not quite able to match the volleyball offerings of our top two bookmakers, Betvictor still serve the sport really well and the bookmaker represents a third great alternative for anyone looking to bet on volleyball.
Through Betvictor’s very well designed and easy to use website it is quick and easy to find their dedicated volleyball section, in which a great selection of betting options are presented. Betvictor, after all, price up matches and competitions from countries all over the world on a daily basis and make it really simple to get any volleyball bets on.
Markets offered by the bookmaker for volleyball matches are perhaps a little more limited than those selections provided by either Bet365 or Paddy Power, but they do often include interesting alternatives. Betvictor are, for instance, one of very few bookmakers to offer correct score markets for many volleyball contests.Bet £5 get £30 at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Bet Type FAQ: Volleyball
As we’ve touched upon already, volleyball is a sport which is better served by online bookmakers than you have first expected. As such, there are probably far more types of volleyball bets available than you realise. In order to get you up to speed,
we’ve picked out four of the most popular and included brief descriptions and explanations of them below.
Match Result – Pretty much self-explanatory, volleyball match result markets are markets through which punters can get on the ultimate result of any given match. These markets will be available for any volleyball match which any online bookmaker offers as a betting option.
Total Points – Also a type of bet provided almost across the board, total points markets pay out on the combine total of points scored by both teams in a given volleyball match. The markets are generally simple over or under markets, with the points total for the over/under differing from one match to the next.
Handicap – Working in almost exactly the same way as handicap bets on any type of sport, volleyball handicap markets are general based upon set scores. Each side, therefore, will be attributed either a negative (for the favourite) or positive (for the underdog) sets handicap and a winning bet is one on a team which exceed its handicap value.
Correct Score – Less commonly available but still popular when they are, correct score markets allow punters to predict the exact final score of a match. As such, they typically offer much better odds than both simple match result and handicap wagers.