On Page: We’ll be focusing on how you can download the Ladbrokes app and in addition to learning about some of the key features of the app, we’ll also look at how the phone version differs from the tablet version.
Ladbrokes are one of the biggest names in the UK betting industry and have built up a fine reputation over many years as a high street and then as an online betting site. Like many established names, they too have moved into the mobile betting industry.
There are an extensive number of apps available from Ladbrokes, although the vast majority of these are for the Apple-based devices; the iPhone and iPad. There is however an app available for Windows-based smartphones and tablets, while other smartphone or tablet users can access Ladbrokes via a mobile site. The company also offers mobile users an innovative text betting service.
How to get Ladbrokes on your Phone
You are going to need an account with Ladbrokes before you start using their app. Get your account now & claim the £50 free bet!
The simplest way to get the Ladbrokes app on your iPhone is as follows:
2. Once you have received confirmation that your registration with Ladbrokes was successful, visit the App Store and search for “Ladbrokes”.
3. A list of apps will now appear on your screen and the Ladbrokes betting app will likely be the top app listed. Download the app onto your iPhone. Once downloaded, which only takes seconds, a Ladbrokes launch icon will appear on your phone screen.
4. Tap the icon to launch the Ladbrokes app, log in with your username and password and the application will then load onto your handset. Once you have added some funds (and taken advantage of the new player offer), you are now ready to place your first mobile bet.
If you have a Windows phone, then you can follow the instructions above in the same way, only download the app from the Windows App store. If you have an Android or another type of handheld smartphone or tablet, then you can access the Ladbrokes mobile site by loading up a browser and visiting mobile.ladbrokes.com.
Key Features of the Ladbrokes Mobile App
Ladbrokes have always enjoyed a fine reputation for being a bookmaker that offers an extensive range of betting markets across a massive range of sports and that level of choice is certainly evident in the iPhone app. Once installed, you have a huge range of sporting markets, not to mention a vast number of promotions, all available to you at the click of a button. There are many positive points about the Ladbrokes mobile betting app, some of the most notable being:
- The most popular sporting events are listed on the home page when the app loads up meaning you can quickly access these events and get your bet placed speedily.
- Ladbrokes offers a huge range of betting markets across a wide range of sports via the app and these are easy to find by clicking on the Menu option and then the A-Z listing of all sporting markets available.
- The top promotions available on the Ladbrokes site scroll across the top of the screen meaning it is easy to find promotions and utilise them.
- There is an extensive In Play betting section accessed by clicking on the grey In Play tab which features a host of live sporting events to bet on as they happen each day. Clicking on the fixture or match in question brings up a list of additional markets for that fixture.
- Navigating across the site is very quick and easy thanks to a simple, yet intuitive menu driven system, which is enhanced by clever use of graphics and pictures in key positions.
- You can also send an SMS text message to Ladbrokes with details of your bet. You need to register for the text betting service, but once you have done this you can then send texts to 60043 using a simple format and place bets without even having to log into the app.
Ladbrokes and App Compatibility
The Ladbrokes Sports Betting app is downloadable from the App Store for both iPad and iPhone. There are enhancements made to each of the apps to allow for the best experience using the Ladbrokes app on each device.
There are a number of different apps by Ladbrokes available for iPhone/iPad users including Casino, Games and Poker apps.
Windows smartphone users can also download a compatible app from the Windows Store. Many other mobile phone users, including those who use Android devices, can access the app via the Ladbrokes mobile website at mobile.ladbrokes.com.
Mobile App vs Ladbrokes iPad App
If you access Ladbrokes Sports Betting app on an iPad rather than an iPhone then you’ll notice some tweaks and enhancements made to this version of the app compared to the smartphone version. While the sports books available and betting markets are all the same regardless of the app, there are some small differences in presentation to note.
On the app version the larger screen allows for a second column on the right hand side of the screen. Here you can see your current bet slip (complete with any selections you may have added) as well as a list of banners about the different features and promotions of the Ladbrokes betting site.
What is evident is that when you navigate through the app on an iPad, this right hand column remains in place so it is easy to see what bets you have added to your slip, which is a useful feature.
Other than this, the actual navigation and options available on the iPad version are exactly the same as what you would find on the iPhone version, only slightly larger to take advantage of the iPad’s greater screen size.
The Ladbrokes app is certainly one of the smoothest and easy on the eye apps we’ve reviewed. It is a simple, menu driven system as most apps are, but that is not a bad thing as it makes scrolling through the markets to find your chosen bet very quick and easy.
The organisational side of the site is excellent with the most popular bets the quickest and easiest to find, though you don’t have to do too much digging to unearth some of the less popular bets for more unusual sports. The choice of sports and markets on offer via the Ladbrokes app is excellent, as are the links with the other Ladbrokes sites (Casino, Games and Poker).
The option to text bet is also very useful, especially if you are a punter who studies the form in the newspaper and knows what they want to bet on. You do have to formulate the text bets in a certain way, but you do receive an email confirmation that your bet went through, so you do know that your bet has been placed in this way.
Ladbrokes are a company that likes to run plenty of promotions and you can access all the promotions available on the website directly from your mobile.
The app also has a live streaming option alongside a decent In Play betting service, although it is fair to say that the number of streams offered isn’t on a par with some other sites. However the number of In Play markets available is excellent.
Ladbrokes Sports Betting app is well thought out and easy to use, and makes betting from your mobile a real pleasure.
You can join Ladbrokes now by following the guide above or if you still need convincing that Ladbrokes is the right bookmaker for you, read through our detailed review of Ladbrokes sports and learn how they achieved a coveted A- award.