A complete list of Skrill betting sites can be found on this page along with all the info you need to know about Skrill including deposit limits, timescales and built in security.
Skrill is one of the most well known online ewallets and is a great way to move your money from site to site from one central locaiton. Much like PayPal it has added security built in so can be considered safer than just using your debit card.
Here’s all the key info and where you can play using Skrill.
Best Skrill Betting Sites: Top 6
The following is a list of the best Skrill betting sites along with their opening account offers and our review ratings:
*Info accurate as of 25-01-2023 for the UK market.
Top Skrill Betting Sites: Reviews
Skrill Betting With 888Sport
What are they like?
888Sport is one of the companies that have impressed us with how they have improved their services over the years and they are now one of the more reliable and good value online betting services. Recent upgrades to their website and in particular their mobile apps have only enhanced this view and they deserve their 4/5 rating.
The site has a number of good features for Skrill bettors including a variety of betting utilities such as Bet Builder, Cash Out and the chance to tune in to live racing streams if you have placed a bet on the outcome. The site is also very good for promotions too but does lack a top quality live streaming service.
Skrill punters should note that while there are no problems using the service, like most sites, you will need to deposit using another payment method, such as a debit card, in order to access the site’s starter bonus. The minimum deposit is also £20 for Skrill payments.
Skrill Betting With William Hill
What are they like?
William Hill are perhaps one of the most famous names in UK gambling and sports betting and you would expect them to offer a superb service. The good news is, they do precisely that as our 4.5/5 rating shows and had their odds been a little more generous, then it would have been higher.
As you would expect with a site like William Hill, they offer everything you would need for a top-quality betting experience. The site boasts all the standard features plus live streaming and even its own radio service. Promotions are plentiful, especially for existing customers and their mobile service is also top notch too.
William Hill accepts Skrill transactions but not from customers based in the UK, Norway, Canada and some other countries. This is important to note as while the Skrill options are great in countries where you can access it, it is not available in a number of locations around the world.
Skrill Betting With Paddy Power
What are they like?
If you like the ‘bants’ then you will no doubt be well aware of what Paddy Power have to offer. We’ve given them a 4.5-star review, which means that we rate them pretty highly and if you want to pay by Skrill, then they are a great choice.
As well as their famous humour, Paddy Power has a bit more to offer in terms of some great long-term promotions and offers, outstanding betting coverage across numerous sports and a newly redesigned Live Betting service which features plenty of live streams, stats and updates.
Frustratingly, Paddy Power have changed their qualification requirements for their starter offer and now they don’t accept payments via Skrill or other eWallet services for the starter bonus, so you would need to use a debit card or other payment method to access the starter offer. However, once you are on site you can use Skrill for standard deposits with no problems at all.
Skrill Betting With Betfred
What are they like?
We’ve given Betfred four stars in our review, which means that this is a quality operation for punters, including those that want to use Skrill as their payment option. Their site has improved over the years but to me, it is still not quite as user-friendly or speedy as some of the top sites available nowadays.
However, if we’ve knocked a bit off their rating for that, then where Betfred do have the advantage over a number of bookmakers is in terms of their promotions and offers, some of which are free to enter and offer cash prizes. Using Skrill as your payment method on the site is quick and easy too, which is another positive.
The minimum deposit you can make with Skrill is £5 or the currency equivalent. You need to make sure your Skrill email is the same as the Betfred email you registered with and for the starter offer, you will need to use a different deposit method to access the bonus as you can’t use eWallet services to claim the welcome offer.
Skrill Betting With Betfair
What are they like?
Betfair offer both a betting exchange (which is the world’s biggest and, in our view, the best) as well as a dedicated sports betting site and you can access both of these from the same account, which is a positive and of course, they accept payments via Skrill.
The Betfair betting site and exchange gets a 3.5-star review from us mainly because they are one of very few sites that charge fees. Fortunately, there is no fee for Skrill deposits and once you have the cash in your account, you can use it on the wide range of betting options available at Betfair, which also has some decent promotional offers running from time to time.
With Betfair, you can use Skrill to make deposits into your account quickly and easily. These start at just £10. However, as is the case with almost online betting services, for the starter offer on the site you need to use either a debit card or Apple Pay to make your qualifying deposit to trigger this offer.
Skrill Betting With Boylesports
What are they like?
Boylesports are a decent online service and have landed a 3-star review from us. They have improved a little of late but in our view, if you want to sign up with an Irish-based bookie, then they still don’t quite match up to what Paddy Power have to offer.
A lack of live streaming, other than for horse racing, is just one of the issues with Boylesports which means they are not quite as strong as other providers. We also feel that their odds are not quite as good value as other sites. The site too is a little clunky, although does have a good range of markets available and the occasional good promotion.
Boylesports do accept Skrill payments, but there are a list of countries where they are not permitted. As is the case with many other bookmakers, you cannot get the starter bonus with the site if you use Skrill to deposit for it, so you are best using a debit card initially to claim this offer.
Online Betting With Skrill – What To Know
- Skrill (previously Moneybookers) is owned by the PaySafe Group, along with Neteller and Paysafecard.
- E-wallet service which you can link your bank account/debit card/credit card to in order to make payments, including to online bookmakers.
- You only use your Skrill Username and Password to make payments, making it a very secure method of payment.
- Skrill is widely accepted at bookmakers across the UK and beyond.
- You will need to verify your account when you open your Skrill account.
Skrill Betting Sites: Limits & Fees
The following table shows the various betting sites that accept Skrill as a payment method, the minimum deposit you need to make using Skril, how long your deposits take to process, the time it takes to cash out and if any fees are charged.
|William Hill||£5||Instant||24 hours||0%|
|Paddy Power||£5||Instant||1-4 hours||0%|
Mobile Skrill Betting Sites
All the bookmakers we have listed above have a service available for mobile customers either via an app, a mobile version of the site, or even both and of course you can use Skrill to deposit at these sites from your mobile.
However, it is fair to say that the mobile experience does differ from site to site and if you want to use Skrill on a mobile device to fund your account, you’ll want the most reliable and best to use, which is why we recommend Betfred as the best Skrill betting site for mobile users.
- Bonus: Bet £10 get £40
- Size: 121.4mb
- Speed: Fast
- Stability: Highly Reliable
- Compatible: Android & iOS
Betfred have a good 4/5 star review from us and we’re pleased to say that the same high standards that you see on the website are replicated in both their iOS and Android compatible mobile apps.
With a fine selection of markets, plenty of great promotions and offers, a superb live streaming service and some great odds available across different sports markets, not to mention all the stats and data you could ever need, the mobile app offers customers the same immersive experience as you get on Betfred desktop.
You can deposit using Skrill from just £5 and the minimum withdrawal is also just £5 and the maximum withdrawal is £6,500. Your Skrill withdrawals are usually credited within 24-hours, making it a quick way to get hold of your funds when required.
How To Use Skrill: Deposits & Withdrawals
Skrill is one of the biggest and most popular eWallet services available today and its popularity means that it is one of the more commonly accepted forms of payment methods by bookmakers (although where Skrill is accepted can depend on your location). As Skrill is fully online, it is a secure and simple payment method to use to deposit and also to withdraw.
How To Deposit With Skrill
- To deposit with Skrill you’ll first need a Skrill account – got to Skrill.com to open one now.
- Log into your new Skrill account and select deposit to add funds. Credit cards, debit cards, Rapid Transfer, Bank Transfer and PaySafeCards call all be used to fund your account.
- Now log in to the bookmaker account you plan to fund.
- Use the ‘My Account’ button, select deposit, and choose Skrill as your preferred method.
- Enter the required details and hit the deposit button. Your account will be funded instantly.
How To Withdraw With Skrill
Depositing with Skrill is a simple process and so is making a withdrawal from your account:
- Simply head over to your account with your chosen bookmaker or open one with any of the betting sites accepting Skrill listed above.
- Once logged in select the option to make a withdrawal.
- Once you have selected the Skrill option to withdraw (and you will need to have deposited with Skrill before it becomes available as a withdrawal option), simply enter the withdrawal amount and click on the button to confirm the transaction.
- Skrill withdrawals are amongst the quickest withdrawals you can make from bookmakers with most withdrawals taking from just a few hours up to 24 hours to be completed.
Pros & Cons of Skrill Betting Sites
- Security – Seeing as Skrill is a service which acts as an intermediary between your bank account and the betting provider, transactions will not contain your personal information and thus it is a more secure way to bet online.
- Speed – Transactions using Skrill are usually amongst the quickest. Deposits are generally available in your account immediately after the deposit has been made with any withdrawals usually available from just a few hours to 24 hours.
- No Fees – Pick the correct bookmaker to bet with using Skrill and you should not incur any fees for your deposits or withdrawals. However, not all bookmakers are free-free so this is always a good idea to check.
- Versatile – Skrill is not only used by many betting sites today, you can also use your Skrill account for a huge amount of other purposes, such as online shopping and other services making it a very versatile way to purchase multiple items or services online securely.
- Suitable For Most Punters – The deposit limits with Skrill are such hat most punters will find that they can deposit what they want with the service It may only be higher rollers that will find they need to make multiple deposits using Skrill in order to top up their balance.
- Skrill Allows Cryptocurrency – Cryptocurrency may be the future of the betting industry for many, Skrill accounts are fully compatible with buying, using and selling cryptocurrency if and when it becomes more widely used on betting sites in future.
- Bonus Restrictions – Without doubt the biggest issue facing customers that want to bet using Skrill is that when you join a site, Skrill deposits are not permitted to trigger the Welcome Bonus. Many sites exclude Skrill and other forms of eWallet payments from their starter offers and it is always wise to check any site for this, and whether there are restrictions on other bonuses, if you intend to use Skrill as a primary payment method with a bookmaker.
- Hidden Fees – While most bookmakers that allow Skrill payments do not charge any fees, that is not the situation universally and some bookmaking sites may add hidden charges to your withdrawals and/or deposits. All our sites listed above though do not charge any fees.
- Setting Up Your Account – While Skrill takes customer security very seriously, in order to get the best from the service you need to make sure your account with them is set up properly. This doesn’t take a huge amount of time, but it is an extra thing to consider if you do not yet have a Skrill account. Also, some betting sites only accept Skrill if the email address you use to register on both sites is exactly the same, which is something to remember.
- Not all UK Bookmakers Accept Skrill – For whatever reason, a number of UK bookmakers that used to accept Skrill now don’t. This includes sites like William Hill and Ladbrokes. While some of these companies accept Skrill payments from other parts of the world, customers from the UK and some other countries can no longer access Skrill services on their account.
- Verifying your Account – Verification of an account with a betting provider can initially be time consuming, but it does make initiating deposits and withdrawals via Skrill easier in future.
- Small Charges – Skrill does make a small charge when you make a withdrawal from your Skrill account. These can add up if you make several transactions that incur a charge, especially if they are for smaller amounts.
Countries Where Skrill Can Be Used For Betting
One of the most appealing things about Skrill is that it can be used in a huge number of countries around the world, and the majority of them allow the users to deposit and transfer funds to and from betting sites.
You can use Skirll for betting in the following countries if your government allows online gambling:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Bosnia And Herzegovina
- Cabo Verde
- Costa Rica
- Côte d Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- DR Congo
- El Salvador
- Holy See
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Saint Lucia
- San Marino
- Sao Tome & Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St. Vincent & Grenadines
- State of Palestine
- TFYR Macedonia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
Quick Note: although this list was correct at the time of compilation, it may have changed in the meantime and we would suggest that if you are unsure if Skrill can be used in your country, that you check with your betting site to clarify the situation.
Security & Anonymity: Stay Safe With Skrill
One of the biggest benefits of using an eWallet service such as Skrill for online betting is that it immediately offers you excellent protection and security for any online transactions. Here’s how Skrill achieves that:
Protecting Your Bank/Card Details
By using Skrill as your payment provider with a betting service, any transaction you make to deposit funds into or withdraw funds out of your account, will be conducted without any personally identifiable information to you, such as your bank card number, account details etc. You only need to provide those details to Skrill, who then make the payment securely on your behalf.
Like most financial services online that are serious about security, Skrill uses SSL encryption to protect your data and information, which encrypts your information at both ends of the transaction. In addition, this level of security, which is the standard in online banking and financial services, means you are not liable if your details are compromised in any way through the service.
The first layer of security is that you will need to use a PIN number to process a transaction from Skrill to your betting provider. This can be set up on your account and operates in a similar way to your PIN number with your bank account. However, your Skrill PIN is even more secure as it is six digits long as opposed to the regular four digit pins used by most financial institutions.
Additional Strong Customer Authentication
Skrill also is introducing Strong Customer Authentication for some transactions throughout 2021. This will add an additional layer of security for customers by asking them to confirm a transaction on their mobile using a code. This ‘double layer’ of authentication means that even if your PIN is accessed, you can stop a fraudulent transaction when you receive this authentication request.
Phishing Guidance & Reporting
Skrill has clear guidance on what to do in terms of Phishing emails, telling customers that they will never send an email asking them for personal information or any identifiable information to do with your Skrill account. Furthermore, you can report any Phishing scam you suspect directly for Skrill to investigate through their help email – a service not offered by all payment methods when it really should be!
Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) is one of the largest e-payment and online e-commerce services in the world today. In addition to using your account for sports betting, you can use Skrill across a wide range of other services and retailers online and it is easy to link your Skrill account to your bank card and account.
With a Skrill account, you have a Skrill balance from which funds can be deposited into, from your personal bank account or from other providers (such as when making a withdrawal from a betting site). You can also use this balance to make a deposit or pay for items or to withdraw some or all of the money directly back to your bank account.
How Does Skrill Work?
Skrill Contact Info
Should you need to contact Skrill, you can do so in a number of different ways. These include:
Using Sofia – Sofia is Skrill’s automated online service assistant who can often provide you with answers for some of the more simpler issues you may have regarding your Skrill account. Sofia is available 24/7 on the site. Sofia is accessed through the Contact Us section of your account.
Help – Skrill has an extensive Help section that contains the answers to many of the common queries that you may have about the service, how it can be used, how it works with cryptocurrency and much more. You do not need to be logged in to access the help service.
Message – If you have logged in to your Skrill account, then you can receive guidance through their web messaging service. This is the quickest way to speak to a Skrill customer services representative to ask them about any issues you may need resolving. Simply select which category your issue fall in, what the nature of your problem is and then enter your message in the space below, then click the Send Message button. This option is available in the Contact Us section of the site.
Phone – You can also call Skrill on +44 203 308 2519, however if you are logged in when you do this, you will be given a caller ID and your wait time will be shorter than non-customers or those not logged in. Phone lines are open 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday local time.
Skrill, formerly known as Moneybookers, have been around for a long time, since 2001 in fact. Moneybookers was launched in 2002 and has steadily grown in a very short period of time to the point where they now have over fifteen million accounts. The name Skrill is the new branding name of Moneybookers.
Skrill (Moneybookers) operates in over 200 countries, and is now integrated into the banking systems, and is now one of the largest payment companies in the world. They are constantly adding more features, and have recently won awards two years in a row for the best payment providers and operators. Not only that but Skrill are now an official partner with eBay, providing an alternative to paying with PayPal.
February 2010 saw yet more fortune for Skrill as the Deloitte Buyout Track 100 League table saw Moneybookers as the number one fastest growing company in the UK. With more than 100,000 companies regularly using their services, and a massive account-base that is growing all the time, they really are high-class contenders in the payment service market. Bet365 was the first site to add Skrill and the rest soon followed.
In 2013 Skrill widened their online presence even further by acquiring PaySafeCard – a pre-paid online card merchant also popular for online gambling transactions. Two years later in 2015 they also bought up UKash, Paysafecard’s major competitor, and merged the two brands to dominate the space.
The entire group was bought out in March 2015 by Optimal Payments, owners of Neteller, in a deal reported to be worth 1.1 billion euros.
In 2018, the company also expanded its services including offering an international money transfer service in February 2018 as well as launching its first Cryptocurrency service in July 2018. It’s customer loyalty programme, KNECT, was released in November 2019.
Also in 2019, Skrill won the “Best Digital Wallet” award at the Future Digital Awards, its parent company Paysafe won the “Best Online Payments Solution – Consumer” award at the Payments Awards and the company also won the American Gambling Awards “Payment Processor of the Year” accolade.
Skrill Betting FAQs
How Long Do Skrill Deposits And Withdrawals Take?
Skrill deposits are usually instant and withdrawals take between 2-3 hours to 24 hours to be completed as standard. Withdrawals can take longer to process if the customer needs to verify their identity for the transaction.
Are There Any Fees If I Use Skrill?
Skrill does charge a small fee for withdrawals of between 1% of the transaction or 0.50 euros, whichever is less, however you can reduce these charges if you are a member of the Skrill VIP scheme. Every site in our list of the best Skrill betting sites has free transactions for Skrill customers aside from Betfair.
Is Skrill Safe To Use With Betting Sites?
Yes, Skrill is an extremely safe way to fund and run a betting account. As an intermediary service between you and your betting provider, your transactions are secured in a number of ways and are anonymised and encrypted to offer you high levels of security on any transaction.
Will I Get The Welcome Offer If I Use Skrill?
Certainly, in the vast majority of cases, you will not receive the welcome offer on a sports betting site if you deposit with Skrill or any other eWallet service.
To receive the offer, you need to make the qualifying deposit using another accepted method, such as a debit card.