Boxing is a pretty unusual sport as betting tends to be focused on a few big nights of the year when there’s a really big fight taking place and the rest of the year, markets can be few and far between, or simply a range of antepost options.
When these big fights happen the bookies jump all over them but when you’ve got the more run of the mill cards taking place there really is a big difference in what online bookmakers are offering.
So with that in mind we’ve put together a list of what we believe are the best year round betting sites for boxing punters.
We’ve compared all the best operators, looked at the promotions they are offering and the quality of odds available in order to uncover the best options.
Also included is our take on what boxing punters should be looking for before signing up with any betting site and some strategy for betting on the most popular markets available.
On This Page
Boxing Punters Look Out For…
- Market Depth sure, you can bet on who wins a boxing bout, but really you want a wider selection of bets than that. Ensure your choice of bookmaker has a good range of bets available for as wide a range of bouts as possible. You want things like method of victory and round betting and ideally the chance to double these bets up with the winner of the fight.
- Review Rating – specific boxing promotions can be a little hard to find, even at the best of sites. As such, you need a site that offers excellent all-round service not just for boxing, but for other sports too as well as a wide range of promotions and/or a reward scheme. Our Cheekypunter review rating is a great way to gauge the quality of a site at a glance with all these things taken into consideration.
- Sign Up Bonus – did we mention boxing promotions can be hard to find? Well, the good news is even in quiet times, most sites that offer a good sign up bonus will let you enjoy your bonus wagering on boxing too.
- In-play Betting – without doubt one of the most important things to look out for when betting on boxing is a healthy In Play betting service. A huge amount can change in a boxing bout with just one punch, so any site worth its salt is going to have a wide range of betting available for when bouts are taking place.
- Free To Enter Prediction Competitions – what they say on the tin – free to enter prediction competitions that usually run over the weekend and have cash or free bet prizes.
- Antepost Options – boxing bouts can have an extraordinarily long build up at times and there may be a wait of months before the bout takes place. Therefore, a site that offers extensive ante-post betting options is always a good choice for boxing fans. Sometimes, you may even be able to bet on fights that have not been confirmed yet with some of the better sites.
Top Online Bookmakers For Boxing
- Biggest sign up bonus value.
- Scores full marks in our review.
- Great selection of boxing markets.
- Markets appear well before fight night.
- Usually the best prices on boxing matches.
- Full marks in our review.
- Bonus works well for smaller deposits.
- Antepost markets available.
- 300% sign up bonus.
- Sponsor lots of big boxing events.
- Wide range of markets and bets.
- 400% bonus on just a £5 deposit.
- Solid review score.
- Wide range of markets with good depth.
- Competitive prices across the board.
- Above average value welcome bonus.
- Request odds if not listed on site/app.
- Boxing markets aplenty.
- Only bookmaker with virtual boxing.
- Often run fight specific promotions.
- Weekly free bet club (£10).
- Not the best sign up offer.
- Odds can be tight so check before you bet.
- Solid sign up offer (300%).
- Odds on biggest fights easy to find.
- Compare odds before you bet (can be low).
- Site/app need interface improvements
Latest Fight Odds & Markets
Boxing Betting Reviews
There are a few more things you should know about betting on boxing before you make your decision:
- Many bookmakers only offer the To Win The Fight market on boxing matches.
- The bigger or higher profile the fight the more markets you can expect.
- There isn’t a vast amount of difference between the sites listed above with the only real one being the odds available.
#1 For Boxing – Betvictor
A bookmaker who leave many of their competitors lying flat on the canvas when it comes to the boxing betting service which they provide is Betvictor.
Once again an almost universally trusted and reliable bookmaker, what makes Betvictor so good for boxing betting specifically is their good selection of available bouts to bet on and the markets which are priced up for each of those matches.
All manner of contests in all weight classes and at lots of different levels of the sport are priced up by Betvictor on a weekly basis, and each boasts a good array of available markets. Those markets typically include the straightforward To Win the Fight market, as well as Round Betting, Method of Victory, Total Rounds and Will the Fight Go the Distance alternatives.Bet £5 get £30 at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Boxing – Coral
Second on our top three best boxing bookmakers countdown is Coral; another renowned and well-trusted bookmaker who excel when it comes to the betting alternatives they offer to their customers.
The bookmaker typically price up a great selection of bouts each week, and also supply ante post markets for the biggest fights months in advance, which is great for punters who like to look for early value. Those highest profile bouts, too, typically also boast an excellent selection of available markets, including Round Betting, Method of Victory, Total Rounds and Will the Fight Go the Distance options.Sign up & bet £5 get £20 at Coral!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Boxing – Paddy Power
If you’ve read through this page then you should already know that we don’t consider one bookmaker massively better than another when it comes to boxing.
However we are big fans of checking Paddy Power before placing any boxing bets. There’s one simple reason for this; Paddy Power is way more likely to some kind of boxing promotion than any other bookmaker (they do love their money back offers).
You’ll find that Round By round, Round Group, Fight Outcome (victory method) and Total Rounds are often priced with Paddy Power when other online bookmakers only have the to win fight market available.
If the fight is seriously high profile then other bookmakers will price more markets but if it’s not a world heavyweight championship fight then Paddy Power is the place to look for more market options.
The opportunity to bet different markets more often at Paddy Power is why we’d consider them to be one of the best of all the sites available. Just take a look at what’s on offer in their boxing section compared to other bookies and you’ll quickly see what I mean.Click here to join Paddy Power!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Main Markets & Strategy
If you do sign up with any of our three recommended bookmakers then – as was mentioned above – you’re going to encounter different markets and possibly ones you haven’t bet before. Here’s a rundown of all the main markets with some strategy tips for each.
To Win Fight
To Win Fight or To Win The Fight is the main market for any boxing match. It is exactly what you’d think it is. Here you’re on the man (or women) who you think will be the eventual fight winner.
Strategy for this market is about as simple as it gets. You go with fighter you fancy to win and unfortunately a lot of the time you’re going to find a pretty poor return on your investment. The vast majority of boxing matches have one very short odds fighter and one very long odds fighter. The favourite will be odds on and you won’t see a great return on your bet. Often the underdog will be unbackable given the sheer unlikelihood of them winning the fight.
This is why it’s much better to use Betvictor as your bookmaker for Boxing as they offer more options than just the To Win Fight market.
Round By Round
The Round by Round market is for picking which round you think the fight will end in (scorecard decision is also available as an option). It’s a bit like the correct score of a football match, you’ll get higher odds as there’s a range of different outcomes possible.
When it comes to winning money with Round By Round market there’s a few different things to consider. Firstly this market is awesome for fights which you expect to finish quickly. You can target fights where you’ve got an up and coming star vs a boxer on their way out and get great odds on an early finish.
Don’t be afraid to back more than one round to give yourself a cushion in the market.
It can also work if you’re expecting the fight to go to the judges. Here target fights where you’ve fighters with a history of not getting knocked out or fighters who are renowned for poor punch power.
Round Group is very similar to Round By Round but you’re wagering on a group of rounds as opposed to one particular round. The groups are usually 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 and Decision or Technical Decision. You will also have to pick the boxer as well so an example bet would be David Price to win in rounds 1-3.
Strategy for this market is much the same as Round By Round but you can expect a lesser payout as you’ve backed more than one round. It’s a bit like comparing first goalscorer to anytime goalscorer when it comes to odds.
It’s always easier to profit in this market if you expect an early win for either fighter or the fight to go to a decision. It’s much harder to predict a fight that will finish in the middle rounds.
Total Rounds is another market you’ll find. It’s basically an over under bet on the total number of rounds the fight will go. The line of the over/under will change depending on the fight you are on but is often set around the round 7 mark.
When it comes to the odds you’ll get again you can expect something similar to the over/under 2.5 goals market when betting football. It’s not a high odds bet.
Fight Outcome, not to be confused with To Win Fight, is a bet in which you must choose the boxer you think will win the bought and the method of victory. You’re basically presented with the option to pick your fighter and bet on victory by Decision or Technical Decision vs KO TKO or Disqualification.
This is a great way to add a little extra value to backing the favourite for a particular fight. You’ll get slightly increased odds on your wager as you’ve introduced another factor as opposed to just backing the winner. Looking out for fighters who go the distance historically or big punchers is the key to winning in this market.
Remember: If you’re using an online bookmaker for boxing that doesn’t currently offer the above markets then check out Betvictor as in ou experience they are much more likely to offer a larger variety of bets per fight.