Golf is a massively popular sport, both to play, watch and bet on.
With the European and USPGA Tours being the main focus for punters, and with tournaments almost every week throughout the year, golf betting is one of the staples for any good sports betting site.
However, we are not looking for any old golf betting on a site… oh no!
What we want to find for our readers is which site is the best for golf betting specifically. Which sites have the bets and markets that you want and where does the value lie?
To that end, we have come up with some of the best features for golf betting that you can find on betting sites and we have outlined these below.
We’ve followed that up with our list of the best betting sites for golf with our reasons why.
On This Page
Golf Punters Look Out For…
- Live Golf Tracker (in-play stats) – Much can happen in a typical round of golf and if you can keep right up to date with the action through a specialist golf tracker, then all the better. These additional features are fantastic for golf fans, keeping them up to date with all the key action from the round being played with useful In-Play stats available for you to use when deciding what bet to make.
- Extra Places – Picking the outright winner for any golf tournament is a tough ask as there are usually fields of 150+ golfers competing in each one and almost any of them will have a possible chance of a win. For great long-term value, you want a sports betting site that regularly or always offers extra places for each way bets.
- Cash Out – As with many sports, if a golfer gets hot, then there can be a massive momentum swing in their favour. Similarly, if a golfer starts to struggle then they can start dropping shots all over the course. Having the ability to cash out a bet, to either ensure you make a profit or minimise a loss, is always a very useful tool to have available when betting on golf.
- Welcome Offer – While you may find the occasional golf-themed promotion for some of the Major tournaments throughout the year, finding them at other times in the calendar can be tough. As such, a good welcome bonus offer for new customers is always a positive for golf punters as they can use that bonus cash to fund their golf betting.
- Review Rating – Golf may be your sole interest when it comes to betting or playing sports, or you may also be a fan of other sports and teams too. With most punters wanting to bet on a wide range of sports, it is important that your site not only has great golf betting but also excellent betting available on other sports markets too. Check out the Cheeky Punter review rating for your site to see how well it fares against other competitor sites.
Best Bookmakers For Golf
- Live golf tracker & in-play betting.
- Cash out your bets live.
- Top marks review rating.
- Biggest new customer bonus.
- Top bookie for golf odds.
- Increased places on e/w bets.
- Massive bonus for small deposit.
- 5 out of 5 star rating.
- Trusted name in sports betting.
- Bet boosts offered daily
- Best odds online vs in shops.
- Always paying lots of places on e/w bets.
- Weekly free bet loyalty club (£10).
- Frequent tournament specific promotions.
- 400% sign up bonus.
- Cash out bets in-play.
- Easy to use website & app.
- More promotions than any other bookie.
- Wide range of markets & odds
- Less generous with e/w places.
- Daily enhanced odds prices.
- Cash out.
- Site/app need interface improvements
- Odds for all golf tournaments.
- Request a price on anything #getaprice.
- Bet boosts available.
Best Golf Betting Sites: Top 8
The following is a list of the best sites for golf betting & why:
- Bet365 – big bonus & most markets
- Betvictor – 600% bonus & best odds
- William Hill – trusted UK betting site
- Paddy Power – offers on most tournaments
- Coral – best small stakes bonus
- Betfred – most promotions overall
- 888Sport – top new betting site
- Ladbrokes – request a price on any bet
Golf Odds: Futures
2024 US Masters
2024 PGA Championship
Golf Betting Reviews
The above table should give you a pretty decent idea of which sites to consider when it comes to placing a wager on golf. If you want to be certain that your enjoying one of the very best golf betting sites around, however, we’d suggest you head to one of the following three. To explain why we think they do make such great alternatives for golf fans, we’ve put together a short review of what each bookmaker offers when it comes to golf betting.
#1 For Golf – Betvictor
Topping our golf bookmaker reviews is Betvictor, a bookmaker who excel in many areas and boast one of the most user-friendly and intuitive websites around.
That intuitive and easy to use nature certainly extends to the golf section of the Betvictor site, which also happens to boasts a huge selection of different tournaments and events to bet on. An array of the next upcoming tournaments are always priced up and longer term markets such as the next Ryder Cup winner and player specific specials also regularly feature.
For each tournament, too, Betvictor present punters with a great choice when it comes to their available markets. Players can be backed to win the tournament, lead after the first round, finish in the top five, ten or 20 and beat a particular opponent, amongst many other alternatives.Bet £10 get £40 in free bets at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Golf – William Hill
A bookmaker that tops our list of recommended sites for a wide range of different sports, William Hill’s golf offering is also one of the best around.
As is the case for most sports, when it comes to golf William Hill offer one of the widest ranges of events and tournaments to bet on that you will find anywhere. From the majors all the way down to the smallest of tour events, William Hill will more than likely give you an array of betting options to sink your teeth into. For lots of the tournaments which William Hill let you bet on, what’s more, their range of available markets is also equally impressive.
Alongside simple outright winner bets, William Hill punters can also bet on the top European and first round leader, and can also place wagers on lots of different three ball options throughout a tournament. Add to that the fact that William Hill also typically offer at least five places for each-way tournament outright bets and you’ll see why we think they’re top of the online golf bookmakers tree.Bet £10 get £30 free bet at Will Hill!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Golf – Paddy Power
Ireland have an enviable record for producing some of the world’s very best golfers, so it should perhaps come as little surprise that Paddy Power – a quintessentially Irish bookmaker – provide an outstanding golf betting service.
Head to the golf section of the Paddy Power website and you will immediately be presented with betting options for a wide array of upcoming golf tournaments and events. What’s more, as well as pricing up that wide selection of tournaments throughout the season, Paddy Power also offer longer term markets such as whether a certain player will win a major or who the nest maiden major winner will be.
Once you select a golf tournament to bet on with Paddy Power you will also be impressed by the range of markets that the bookmaker provide. For many events, Paddy Power present well in excess of ten markets, which can include innovative options like tournament match betting and betting on the player who will achieve the best finish of anyone from their nation.Click here to join Paddy Power!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Popular Golf Bets
Now you know where you can head for the best golf betting around, you’re probably starting to think about what kinds of bet you want to place. To help you along, we’ve provided a quick description and explanation of five of the most popular golf bet types offered by most bookmakers.
Tournament Outright – They may be simple and straightforward but tournament outright bets are unquestionably still the most popular golfing wagers around. They involve simply putting your money on a player in the hope that they come out on top in an event and most bookmakers offer around four or five places for each-way terms.
Top 5/10/20 Finish – A great bet type for if you fancy an outside to outstrip their odds but aren’t sure they’ll go all the way and win, many bookmakers let you bet on a particular player to finish either in the top five, ten or 20 of any given tournament.
Three Balls – Bets which largely disregard the overall result of a tournament, three ball wagers are like match bets between three selected players in any event. Punters can select one of the three players offered as part of a three ball market and their bet will pay out if their selection simply beats the other two.
First Round Leader – A popular option for those punters who don’t want to wait four days for a bet to settle, first round leader wagers let them bet on who they think will hit the clubhouse in the lead after just 18 holes of a tournament have been completed.
Top Nationality – A final popular type of golf bet which is widely available is that which allows punters to back a player to beat all other competitors from the same nation. Exactly which individual nationalities are made available as this type of bet differs from one bookmaker to the next.
Golf Betting FAQ
What is the best golf betting site?
Bet365 are without a doubt the best golf betting site. Innovative features, long standing promotions, and very competitive golf odds mean they stand out from the pack. There isn’t a tournament you won’t find listed and place terms of top finisher markets are often more generous than with other bookmakers meaning bigger returns on your bets.
How to place a bet on golf?
To place a bet on golf you need to open an account at any of the bookmakers from our list. Use your personal detail to register and deposit funds via the My Account section using your prfered payment option (debit cards & PayPal are widely accepted). Use the nav to select ‘Golf’ and then simply click the odds to add the bet to your slip, enter your stake and hit the ‘Place Bet’ button.
What is the best betting app for golf?
Bet365 is the best betting app for golf – the mobile app is just as good as the website version of the site with access to the widest range of golf markets and odds you’ll find on the web. It’s also the easiest app to use and comes with the biggest sign up bonus for new players.
How do golf odds work?
Golf odds work exactly the same as odds on other spots. The main market for any event is ‘To Win Outright’ where you are betting on the player you think will win the tournament. For example, if you get 10/1 on Jon Rahm to win outright, it means you can win £100 against a £10 wager (total returns £110 as you also get your stake back).
What are the best golf bets?
The best golf bets aren’t always on the tournament winner as the field is large and it’s hard to find the one player who will come out on top. Top 5 finish or each way style bets work better as your player doesn’t have to win the event for the bet to payout. Depending on what bookmaker you’re betting on, you may also see Top European Player, Top American Player, Top 10 Finish and To Make The Cut markets which all offer an easier to win bet.
How do each way golf bets work?
Each way golf bets work by splitting your wager between a ‘winner’ bet and a ‘place’ bet. Usually, punters get 1/4th of the original outright odds if the player manages to place between 1 to 5. A £10 each way bet on Jordan Spieth at 40/1 would cost £20 total (£10 on him to win, £10 on him to place). If he wins then both bets win so you’d make £400 profit from the win bet and £100 for the place. Top 5 only and your first bet loses but the place bet wins.