There are a number of bookmakers now offering mobile betting apps for a variety of different phones… but which is the best betting app?
We’ve conducted detailed reviews of all the top apps available to help you make the decision. Here’s what we came up with:
Top Betting Apps
- Hands down best odds available.
- Both acca insurance & best odds guaranteed offered.
- State of the art mobile betting app.
- Generous new customer sign up offer.
- Read full Betvictor app review (5 star rating).
- Fantastic range of betting markets and sports.
- Quality promotions offering long term value.
- World’s most popular online betting site.
- Some of the best odds in the business.
- Read full Bet365 app review (5 star rating).
- In app live streaming available.
- Great for football and horse racing.
- Newly udpated app fixes all previous bugs.
- Quality welcome offer for new customers.
- Read full Coral app review (4.5 star rating).
- Highly trusted & reputable bookmaker.
- Price boosts.
- Acca insurance and cash out in-play.
- Live streaming available via the app.
- Read full Ladbrokes app review (4.5 star rating).
- Most ongoing bonuses & promotions.
- Best odds guaranteed & acca insurance.
- Updated betting app.
- Live streaming horses & gryhounds.
- Read full Betfred app review (4 star rating).
- Trustworthy & licensed UK bookmaker.
- Request any bet feature.
- Weekly free bet club rewarding loyalty.
- Solid betting app with loads of markets.
- Read full William Hill app review (4 star rating).
- Ireland’s biggest & most popular.
- Tons of money back special offers.
- Live streaming service available in app.
- Great odds and market selection.
- Read full Paddy Power app review (4 star rating).
- Best new online bookmaker.
- Updated betting app with loads of features.
- Massive range of ongoing promotions.
- Good new customer offer.
- Read full 888Sport app review (3.5 star rating).
- Live streaming available on app.
- Very competitive odds available.
- Great for accumulator betting & promotions.
- One of the biggest new account deals.
- Read full Betfair app review (3.5 star rating).
- Lots of promotions.
- Wide range of markets and bets.
- App for both apple and android.
- Thousands of events streamed live.
- Read full Unibet app review (3 star rating).
The following is a list of the best betting apps & why:
- Betvictor – best odds
- Bet365 – biggest possible bonus
- Coral – big bonus percentage
- Ladbrokes – great reputation
- Betfred – awesome football promo’s
- William Hill – trusted UK name
- Paddy Power – tons of promotions
- 888Sport – solid bonus
- Betfair – exchange & bookies
- Unibet – double bonus
Best App’s By Phone Type:
Review Criteria – How Are Apps Rated?
It’s all well and good showing star ratings for each of the betting apps listed above but what do they mean and how did we come up with them?
Well it’s not complicated. We simply used the following four key areas to review and rate the different mobile betting platforms. The combined score in all categories resulted in our overall ranking for each individual application:
New customer offer & promotions
Obviously one of the most important areas to look at when rating any online bookmaker, regardless of their app, is what new customer offer they have running and if they have any decent promotions available for loyal customers.
Apps which scored highly in this section had both a strong opening account deal and promotions running alongside. We always prefer the larger offers and the ones which reward customers with the highest percentage bonus wise (e.g. bet £10 get £30 being a 300% bonus).
We’re less keen on risk free bets here, as if you win you don’t really get a bonus, and any bookies not rewarding loyal customers were also scored down.
Acca insurance and best odds guarantees on various different sports were also a big plus point in this section along with any price boosts, weekly free bet clubs or money back specials.
When reviewing each apps individual features we were really looking at in-play betting, cashing out your bets, live streaming and search functionality / navigation options on the app itself.
If apps were easy to use and featured popular markets of a good search function then they scored high but if it was tough to drill down into the markets to find the less popular bets then we marked them down.
Obviously the less of the other features, such as live streaming and cash out, on offer the lower the bookmaker scored. On the flip side if the app offered live streaming of multiple sports alongside in-play betting they scored highly.
What users think?
This is likely the most important in all our betting app reviews simply because it deals with what users think and say about the app.
To gather this data we used reviews from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store to try to come up with an overall view of what actual users of the app like and dislike about it.
It’s important to note that we took into account the latest version of the app more strongly than the scoring for all versions. It’s only natural that as new iterations of the app get released fixes are put in place and the latest offering, 99% of the time, is the best version of the app.
What we think?
Obviously we’ve used and tested all the online betting apps listed above and in this section we have our say on the app and give it our out of 5 star rating.
This is an overall look at everything the app has to offer combined along with any other likes or dislikes we have concerning each app. The star ratings you see in the listings above are our ratings for each different bookmaker app with the best bookmaker apps, obviously, having the higher scores.
Got any questions about our review process of the apps listed above? Disagree with what we how we’ve rated the best mobile betting apps? Get in touch using our contact page and let us know your thoughts.