Groucho Marx once said that politics was ‘the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies’. He may well have a point…
But however upside down the world might look at times one thing is for sure – you’ll be able to bet on it!
Polticial betting is booming, especially on some of the major political events, such as Presidential Elections in the United States, General Elections in the UK, or elections of leaders of political parties.
With that in mind, we have decided to list the things we feel make for a good betting site when it comes to politics betting. We have listed these below. Following that we’ve put together our list of best betting sites for politics and some info on popular bet types in the space.
On This Page
Political Punters Look Out For…
- Number of Markets – There can be a real difference in how sites view politics betting. Some just give it a cursory look at and offer just the most obvious bets. Others, really offer customers a good range of markets from different political arenas to bet on and these are the sites that will offer you the best selection of betting markets over the years.
- Market Depth – Another thing to look at here is not just the number of political events you can bet on, but what bets are available for each of the events. For example, betting on who wins an election is one thing, but some sites will offer other betting options on the election, such as how many seats a party will win, or whether an individual MP will be elected or not. The more depth you have in markets, the greater your choice with that bookmaker.
- Specials – Almost any politics bet is pretty special, but you can find some great value special betting markets in this particular area. Betting on who the next Prime Minister of the UK will be, even just after an election is a good example of this, as is betting who the next US President will be. Good sites can have an extensive antepost betting market on politics.
- Sign Up Bonus – It is rarer than a politician telling the truth to find a specific politics-themed bonus offer with most sites most of the time. As such, finding offers for politics betting can be as difficult as getting an MP to give you a straight answer to an uncomfortable question. As such, ensuring you get a quality sign up bonus that offers you a real chance to enjoy
- Review Rating – OK, so you may enjoy a dabble in political betting or similar, but the likelihood is that you enjoy this along other forms of sports betting too. So with that in mind, you need a site that not only offers a variety of different politics bets, but also one that has a great all-round coverage across other betting markets too. As such, checking out the review for the site is always a smart move.
Best Political Bookmakers on the Web
- Most markets & odds on politics.
- All major events covered.
- Most generous welcome bonus.
- Top review score.
- Best prices for political bets.
- Top review score possible.
- Biggest bonus percentage wise.
- Longstanding trusted bookmaker.
- US & UK politics focussed.
- Average sign up bonus.
- Good bonus for beginners.
- Plenty of markets for politics.
- Solid review score.
- Mainly UK & US politics.
- Most promotions across all sports.
- Above average sign up bonus.
- £10 weekly in-play free bet club.
- Uniboost bet boosts (3x daily).
- Good depth of political bets.
Political Betting Reviews
Whatever your individual political leaning, there’s certainly fun to be had in betting on the comings and goings of world politics. As with betting on any type of market, however, if you do choose to bet on politics you will want to do it through the site that’s best suits your needs and wants. The following three are what we believe to be the very best political betting sites around.
#1 For Political Betting – Betvictor
Betvictor are a bookmaker which excels when it comes to providing punters with an excellent political betting service. Betvictor’s political markets are easy to locate as the bookmaker’s site does include a separate ‘Politics’ section.
When a punter accesses that section, they will be presented with what is a diverse and impressive array of available markets. As you may expect, most of those markets are UK centric, and includes options such as ‘Next Prime Minister’ and ‘Most Seats – Next UK Election’. Alongside those more general options, what’s more, Betvictor also allow punters to bet on the next leader of each of the UK’s main political parties.
It’s not all about the UK with Betvictor, however, as they also typically offer a range of special bets related to politics around the world. Those specials usually refer to US politics but the bookmaker do also generally price up markets for major elections taking place elsewhere in the world.Bet £10 get £40 in free bets at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Politics – William Hill
Second on the top political betting sites list is William Hill; another well-established and trusted bookmaker which presents its customers with a great array of political betting options.
Another site which does feature a politics-specific section, William Hill give punters the chance to bet on a good range of markets related to the UK political scene. Those markets include both the timing and result of the next general election, the next leaders of the major parties and special markets for big issues such as Scottish independence.
Away from the UK, William Hill’s politics betting options are largely limited to the USA, but the bookmaker does offer an excellent selection of markets for the goings on across the Atlantic. As well as allowing punters to bet on the next president and the next winning party, William Hill also provide markets for each party’s next nominee and offer special bets like whether the US will elect a female president.Bet £10 get £30 free bet at Will Hill!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Politics – Coral
Coral have a political betting section in their long menu list on the left hand side (desktop site). When you access the page you’ll see all the markets available including all party leader and election betting. For each of the markets in this section, there are typically at least one, and often many more, bet options on offer.
For the UK, the exact number of markets provided differs depending on the political climate at any particular moment but generally always include a market for betting on which year the next general election will be, a market for choosing the winning party at that election and markets for selecting the next permanent leader of the UK’s major political parties.
Where Coral particularly shine is in the range of betting options the bookmaker provides when it comes to foreign politics. Countries as diverse as the USA, Russia and Australia among others are catered for and markets related to national and even regional politics within those nations are regularly priced up.
Politics Bet Type FAQ
As well as pointing you toward the best betting sites for politics, what the above information should also have let you know, is that there are a range of different types of political bet that you can place. To further help you decide whether political betting is for you, we’ve brought together a selection of the most common types of political bet and explained how each work.
Election/Referendum Result Markets – The most common and simplest type of political bets, election or referendum result markets simply give a punter the chance to bet on which side or option they believe will win a major vote.
Next Party Leader Markets – Offered by most bookmakers which cater for political betting, next party leader markets ask punters to select who they believe will next ascend to the leadership of a particular political party. Generally permanently available for the biggest UK parties, these markets will also become available for other, smaller parties as and when a leadership contests is triggered.
Year of Next Election Markets – In the UK, it is possible for a Prime Minister or their party to call a snap election, and send the electorate to the polls earlier than expected. As such, it is also possible to bet on the next year in which an election will take place, with the pre-arranged year obviously usually offering the shortest odds.
Number of Seats Markets – Typically only available during an election campaign, many betting sites will also allow punters to bet on how many seats in the commons a particular party may win in an upcoming election. Due to the sheer number of seats available, these markets usually allow punters to bet on particular bands (e.g. 1-10 seats) or on whether a party will be over or under a certain seats total.