Scandinavia is a hotbed for the online gambling and fintech industries. New software developers, betting sites, and online payment services are regularly springing up in the area. One such payment service is that offered by Euteller.
Euteller is a direct payment method for speeding up online bank transfers. The payment service is available to Finnish punters who bank with the main Finnish banks. It’s now accepted by some of the biggest betting sites as a deposit method.
You can see a list of the sites that accept Euteller below along with how it works, what advantages it offers, and which banks support it.
Best Euteller Betting Sites: Top 3
The following is a list of the best sites for betting with Euteller:
*Info accurate as of 23-11-2020 for Finnish market.
Deposits & Withdrawals: Limits & Times
|William Hill||£10||Instant||5-10 days||1.95%|
What is Euteller & How Does It Work?
Euteller is a Finnish online payment method. It’s for making instant payments to online merchants – like betting sites – from a bank account. The payment service is available to anyone with an account with one of Finland’s eight main banks.
- Danske Bank
- OP-Pohjola Group
Any Finnish residents who bank with one of those institutions can make instant, secure online transactions. That includes making a deposit to any betting site that accepts Euteller as a payment method.
At the most basic level, Euteller is a way of sending instant payments to any merchant. Those payments come straight from your bank account. It cuts out the ‘middle men’ that are credit cards, debit cards, or e-wallets. The process of making payments via Euteller is also really straightforward.
Sites that accept the payment method will list Euteller as an option when you go to make a purchase or deposit. When you choose Euteller, you then get transferred to your online bank. From there, all you have to do is to verify your chosen purchase or deposit. We’ll go through the process in more detail below, when we talk about using Euteller for gambling.
How to Use Euteller for Online Gambling
If you don’t live in Finland and/or don’t have an account with one of the main Finnish banks, you can’t use Euteller for betting. You can’t use it at all, in fact. The payment method is only for Finnish nationals and customers of those banks.
If you fall into that category, Euteller is accepted by some of the biggest bookies around. Most notably, both Bet365 and William Hill let Finnish punters deposit via Euteller. Making such a deposit is impressively quick and easy.
The following step-by-step instructions explain how to do it assuming that your bookmaker accepts Euteller.
Step by Step: How To Use Euteller
Note: To deposit via Euteller, you must register with the service. You can head to the Euteller site to register directly.
- Head to your bookmaker of choice and log in to your account.
- Go to the same place as you would to make any deposit to your account. Choose ‘Euteller’ from the list of available payment methods.
- Type the amount you wish to deposit into the box provided. Then click on the ‘Deposit’ button.
- You’ll now be redirected to the Euteller website. It’s at this point that you can register with Euteller if you haven’t done already.
- On the Euteller site you’ll need to choose your bank from the list of eight that are available. You’ll then be taken straight to your online banking account.
- Via your online bank you can review the details of the proposed payment. You then need to enter your PIN/TAN code and confirm the payment.
- The amount you chose to deposit will appear immediately in your betting account.
Withdrawals: As things stand, you can’t withdraw funds from any betting account via EUTeller. Many sites that accept the Finnish payment service for deposits will process all withdrawals via bank transfer. These usually take 5-10 working days to process.
Fees Associated with EUTeller
Most major betting sites are moving away from applying fees to deposits. That’s regardless of the method involved. EUTeller deposits, as such, typically don’t have any charge attached to them. At least not by the sites accepting the payment method.
EUTeller themselves, however, do charge a fee. Any transaction made through EUTeller – whether betting related or not – is subject to a 1.95% charge. If you were to deposit £100 to a bookie, therefore, a total of £101.95 would get debited from your bank account.
Advantages & Disadvantages of EUTeller
All deposit options have their own set of distinctive benefits and drawbacks. The main ones associated with EUTeller are as follows:
- The service allows instant, reliable deposits straight from your bank account.
- Deposits benefit from the top-level security and encryption related to your online banking.
- There’s no need for credit or debit cards, so you don’t have to share card details with a betting site.
- The payment method is only available to Finnish punters, living in the country, and banking with one of Finland’s eight main banks.
- Only a handful of major bookies offer EUTeller as a deposit method, even to Finnish customers.
- At time of writing, it’s not possible to withdraw via EUTeller at any sportsbook or betting site.
History of EUTeller
EUTeller is a privately held company, established back in 2007. It was one of the first services to let Finnish consumers make instant payments from their online banks. In the ensuing 12 years, the firm has grown to become Finland’s leading online payment service.
All eight of Finland’s major banking institutions are linked to the EUTeller service. That’s helped the service to process payments worth a total of over €1 billion for its users. The company is authorised and regulated by the Financial Supervisory Authority of Finland (FIN-FSA). As well as Finnish Payment Service Provider, Finnish licence, and Finnish supervisory authorities.