Which team sport is, in terms of the speed of the ball, the fastest in the world today?
You’ll get a lot of people suggesting things like baseball, golf (which isn’t strictly a team sport) or football but the answer is actually handball.
It’s the quick action and ball speed which has seen the sport grow in popularity across eastern Europe, Scandinavia, South America and central Europe (arguably the heartland for the sport) and with popularity come betting markets.
All major online bookmakers offer betting on Handball but the service differs vastly from site to site. In this article, we have outlined the kinds of things that Handball punters should typically look out for from their choice of bookmakers and listed what we feel are the best Handball betting sites out there.
On This Page
Handball Punters Look Out For…
- Live Streaming – Unless you are living in a part of the world where Handball is hugely popular (and there aren’t too many), then your friend for live handball games is the live streaming service offered by many bookmakers. Not only is this a great way to watch games, but you can also bet In Play on many matches, as well as keep tabs on how any pre-match bets have gone.
- Review Rating – Handball is a bit of a niche market in the UK and being brutally honest, if you are betting on the sport, then you are likely to want to bet on other sports too that are more widely available or popular. As such, checking out the review rating for the site is always a great way to see how the site ranks for sports betting in general.
- Cash Out – There’s nothing better than having more control over your bets and the option to cash out a bet, especially if things start to go wrong for your selection during a handball game, is always a positive option for handball bettors.
- Request Odds – Being brutally honest, there are not too many markets you can find on most handball games over the course of the season, so the opportunity to be able to request a bet on handball is a great option. Especially if you are a punter that likes to put together disparate markets into a single bet to see what odds you can bet on this type of individually built bet.
- Sign Up Offer – As we said previously, there are not too many handball offers you can find nowadays at sports betting sites, so if you are a keen handball punter, then your best option for a deal may well be the sign up offer that is available on your choice of site. A very good welcome bonus is a positive for any site but especially so when you want to use that bonus betting on a less popular bet on sport.
Best Bookmakers For Handball Compared
- Live streaming of handball.
- Best possible review score.
- Cash out & in-play.
- Biggest sign up offer available.
- Best odds & biggest prices.
- Max score on review rating.
- Bonus perfect for smaller deposits.
- Cash out & in-play odds.
- Live streaming for handball.
- Bet boost offers every day
- High scoring review rating.
- Perfect for beginners
- Live streaming & betting.
- Wide range of handball markets.
- Most ongoing promotions of any bookmaker.
- Double part welcome bonus.
- Request odds & cash out.
- Weekly free bet club for £10.
- Handball odds & good market depth.
- Odds can be tight at times.
- Largest betting exchange (best liquidity).
- Complex for beginners.
- High value welcome offer.
- Better odds than most regular online bookmakers.
- Daily price enhancements.
- Betting on handball.
- Site/app need interface improvements
Upcoming Fixtures: Odds
Spain Liga Asobal
Handball Betting Reviews
Above all, what the above table should demonstrate to you is that you probably have far more options when it comes to betting on handball than you may have realistically expected. That means you will need a little bit more information so as to effectively choose the handball betting site that’s best for you. Hopefully you will find exactly that information below, as part of our brief reviews of the three sites we think are best for betting on handball.
#1 For Handball – Betvictor
A bookmaker which is full of pleasant surprises, Betvictor provide a handball betting service which almost beggars belief in its breadth and quality. Head to the dedicated handball section of the Betvictor website, in fact, and you will be presented with far more handball betting opportunities than you could ever possibly need.
Top international and continental competitions are always covered by the bookmaker, as are domestic matches from leagues across Europe and all around the world. Whether you want to bet on Handball’s Champions League, French Division One, the Russian Super League or anything else besides, Betvictor is the place to go.
The many matches that are covered by Betvictor, too, also boast a huge range of different betting markets to give punters a great choice of wager types. Handicap bets, winning margin markets, double result wagers and plenty more are all offered on a regular basis. As if all of that weren’t enough, what’s more, Betvictor also take plenty of markets for plenty of handball matches in-play and even stream a good selection of contests live through their website.Bet £5 get £30 at Betvictor!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#2 For Handball – William Hill
Whilst their handball betting service isn’t quite as comprehensive as that provided by Betvictor, William Hill still cater marvellously for fans of the sport and offer handball betting opportunities that will be ample for all but the most dedicated of punters.
William Hill’s website also features a dedicated handball section, in which the bookmaker regular cover leagues, competitions and events from all over Europe. The higher profile of handball matches that are covered, too, typically have up to ten separate markets on which punters can bet, including match result, handicap and total goals alternatives.Bet £10 get £30 free bet at Will Hill!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
#3 For Handball – Coral
Coming in at number three of our countdown of the best handball betting sites but still providing an outstanding overall service to fans of the sport, Coral also give what is realistically a minority sport impressive coverage.
Once again leagues, cups and matches from nations all over Europe are regularly and routinely covered by the bookmaker, as are international competitions. In fact, Coral run ante post markets for both the handball European and World Championships months in advance of those competitions getting under way.
Each match that is catered for by Coral, furthermore, is well furnished with an excellent selection of different betting markets. Double chance, double result, handicap and total goals markets are all regularly provided, along with the more standard match result options, to ensure that Coral’s handball punters are always kept happy.Sign up & bet £5 get £20 at Coral!
New customers only, 18+, T&C's apply.
Handball Bet Type FAQ
Whilst handball can’t claim to be among the most popular sports in the UK, it certainly benefits from an excellent array of betting options at some of the biggest and best online bookmakers. In fact, some of the highest profile handball matches feature more than ten different markets on which punters can bet. For those of you who may not be too familiar with handball betting, we’re going to define and explain a selection of those different handball bet types right here.
Match Result – Just as is the case for football and other more mainstream sports, the simplest and most popular type of handball bet you can place is one on the result of a given match. These bets are available almost everywhere and typical offer three options of a home win, away win or draw.
Handicap – Particularly popular for matches featuring a strong favourite, handicap markets involve betting on whether sides will beat a pre-determined spread. That means you are either betting on a favourite to win by more points than the handicap stipulates or an underdog to either win or to lose by fewer points than the handicap stipulates.
Total Goals – As their name suggests, total goals markets are types of bet which have success and failure determined by the total number of goals scored in a match. There are typically two different types of total goals markets, allowing punters to bet on either if there will be over or under a certain number of goals scored or on if the total goals tally will be either odd or even.
Double Result – A good way for punters to enhance their odds when betting on a match involving a strong favourite, double result markets ask then to predict the state of a game at half time as well as at the end. With a strong favourite involved, therefore, betting on them to be ahead at both points would likely yield greater returns than simply backing them to win.
Winning Margin – Generally offering very nice odds, winning margin bets involve punters predicting both who will win a match and by how much. Generally speaking, winning margins will be banded to make the bets slightly easier to land (e.g. by 1-3 goals, by 4-6 goals etc.) and the odds available for each option will differ from game to game.