Ladbrokes 5-A-Side: Fantasy Football Meets Betting
Ladbrokes have come up with a new and exciting way to build multiple bets on selected football matches. Their 5-a-side bets combine betting on match events with fantasy football-like features.
Their 5-a-side is an interesting variation on their already popular bet-builder tool and allows punters to get creative with their football bets but can seem complicated at first. Luckily, it is actually quite simple and this article will explain how you can play.
What is Ladbrokes 5-a-side?
Ladbrokes 5-a-side is a new betting game where you get to play the role of manager and build a bet around the outcomes you feel are likely in your selected match. You pick your formation, pick your team, choose your style of play and then each player is awarded points which determines the outcome of your bet.
If you’re not yet a Ladbrokes customer, you can sign up and check out 5-a-side for yourself.
Note: 5-a-side can be played by new and existing customers. If you’re a new customer, you may as well cash in on the account-opening bonus as well!
To build your 5-a-side bet, you start by choosing a formation for your 5-a-side team then you choose your players and, finally, you can choose the stats for your players.
The stats are the events you are betting on so your striker might have “3+ shots”, which means you’ll be betting on that particular player to have at least 3 shots in the match.
If you strip it back, you are essentially betting on 5 player-outcomes to happen in a specific football match.
Step By Step: How Ladbrokes 5-a-Side Works
- Log in to your Ladbrokes account or sign up for a new one if you aren’t already a customer – Sign up and bet £5 get £20 free bets! (18+, New customers only, T&C's apply)
- Select the match market you wish to bet on and choose the 5-a-side tab to begin the game.
- Choose your formation (more on the options below).
- Select your chosen players. You can select any of the players who will feature in the match and you an use the same player in more than 1 position.
- Adjust your stats. The stats are the events you are betting on and control your odds. For example, you might choose Harry Kane in the finisher position, which is for “goals scored”. The stats section lets you adjust how many goals you believe Harry Kane will score in the upcoming match.
- Place your 5-a-side bet. As you make selections, you will see the odds of your bet update beside the big green button as you adjust the stats. Once you’re happy with your selections and odds, you can click the green button to see an overview of your bet and a field to enter your bet stake.
Ladbrokes 5-A-Side Player Positions & Formations:
There are several formations to choose from. You should select the one that you believe will most suit the match your betting on. Each formation gives you a different set of player positions, which are basically the events you’re betting on.
Here are the formations you can select and what positions each one features:
- Balanced – 1 keeper, 1 hacker, 1 baller, 1 sniper and 1 finisher
- All-out attack – 1 keeper, 1 hacker, 2 snipers and 1 finisher
- Rush goalie – 1 hacker, 1 playmaker, 1 sniper and 2 finishers
- Park the bus – 1 keeper, 2 hackers, 1 cruncher and 1 chancer
- Gung-Ho! – 1 baller, 1 playmaker, 1 sniper, 1 finisher and 1 sharpshooter
- Shoot on sight – 1 keeper, 1 chancer, 1 sniper, 1 sharpshooter and 1 finisher
Here are the available player positions and their related bet type:
- Keeper – to concede X number of goals
- Hacker – to be carded
- Cruncher – to make X number of tackles
- Baller – to make X number of passes
- Playmaker – to have X number of assists
- Chancer – to have X shots from outside the box
- Sniper – to have X number of shots
- Sharpshooter – to have X shots on target
- Finisher – to score X number of goals
An Example Ladbrokes 5-A-Side Bet:
To give you an idea of how the 5-a-side game works, here is an example of a bet I could make using the system and some of the thinking behind the bet.
For this quick example, I decide to bet on an upcoming match between Manchester City and Burnley, so I select that match on the Ladbrokes website or app and navigate to the 5-a-side tab. From there I can view my team and make my selections.
- The first selection to make is formation. I expect Manchester City to dominate possession and win the game comfortably without conceding so I want to have a keeper to bet on and mainly attacking outfield players. As a result, I choose the “shoot on sight” formation.
- Next, I need to input the players and choose their stats. I can use either Burnley or Manchester City players in my team but my bet is being built around Man City controlling the game so I’ll be using only their players.
- First, I select Ederson as my “keeper” and select 0 in his stats section since I want to bet on him keeping a clean sheet.
- I then decide on Bernado Silva to fill my “chancer” position and bet on him having 2+ shots from outside the box.
- Selection 3 is my “sniper”, which is where I bet on the number of shots my chosen player will have. I select Gabriel Jesus and bet on him having 2+ shots in the game.
- For my “finisher” position, I choose Phil Foden with a 1+ stat. This means I’ll be betting on Phil Foden to score at least 1 goal.
- Finally, I have a “sharpshooter” position to fill, which bets on the number of shots on target a player will have. I have chosen Phil Foden again with 2+ as I expect him to have 2 or more shots on target against Burnley.
- I have made all my selections and can see the odds for my team to the left of the green button. Once I’m happy with these odds, I select “place bet” and then input my stake before finalising the bet.
It is as simple as that and brings an entirely new way of betting on football. Get yourself a Ladbrokes account and play your first game of 5-a-side today – Sign up and bet £5 get £20 free bets! (18+, New customers only, T&C's apply)